Server Outage - Update (9/15/17)

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    This level of compensation has been consistent throught the history of the game.  They done the same thing everytime they've had global event outages.  

To be fair, the event crashes were actually much more common before.

Overall the events have been running much more consisently.  Before this event, do you remember any other specific outages?  Boss events have been running smoothly and consently as well.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I feel cheated, as I am also one of those who were on the verge of finishing t10. (#12th after 2nd sub) but I ended up #107! As much as I love iso, I don't feel like I lost much more. Possible 4*, 3*, tokens, CP, xp... I didn't expect devs to give better compensation, but this was just terrible
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    And here we go again....check internet connection.....but haven't they announced that the outage had been fixed?
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    It had been fixed. It's rebroken. But since it's the weekend, I don't expect it to be fixed until Monday. 
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone

In addition, we understand that this issue has been an inconvenience for many players, so we are planning on sending out a gift to everyone that was affected, as a thank you for their patience.
    Is there anyway you could address why the gift is sent to all but nothing is done to specifically address everyone who played s2 pve that event. Placement was destroyed for many people who were locked out for hours of an event end and a full hour of a new event starting. The rewards I was on track to receive were far better than the gift. While it's appreciated I don't believe it's fair to people who play s2 pve.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    nycjonny said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone

In addition, we understand that this issue has been an inconvenience for many players, so we are planning on sending out a gift to everyone that was affected, as a thank you for their patience.
    Is there anyway you could address why the gift is sent to all but nothing is done to specifically address everyone who played s2 pve that event. Placement was destroyed for many people who were locked out for hours of an event end and a full hour of a new event starting. The rewards I was on track to receive were far better than the gift. While it's appreciated I don't believe it's fair to people who play s2 pve.

Did you not get the CS form email?

"Please keep in mind that we cannot provide compensation for hypothetical rewards that might have been earned if the issue had not occurred. If you had lost items that were earned due to this issue, please let us know and we will investigate promptly."

They were "hypothetical" rewards! These rewards were only theorized, you were never actually going to get them! 

I played in a tennis tournament one time and managed to win it, but they forgot to order trophies for the division I entered and I got a coupon for the local trophy supplier for "one free customized trophy". Needless to say, I had it engraved to say "World's Greatest Human" rather than "Men's 4.5 Champion". It's the only tennis trophy I still have.

• Phumade
    Why not set a blanket policy of T25 pvp/pve prizes for all participants in the shard that closes next?

T25 prizes are effectively 3 3* covers and some iso/hp.  Its not necessarily a bad thing to help build out 3* champ levels.  Anything that helps fatten up middle class rosters is not necessarily a bad or unfair thing.

Many sporting events have some sort of placement protection for accidents that happen inside the the final stretch (Specifically tour de france)  So I don't think its outrageous to ask D3 to codify a policy of how placements are handled as a result of server crash.

1.  We've seen enough outages in the history of the game to know that it will happen again.
    2.  Enough people complain that D3 should at least recognize that placement is important to a large segment of players.
    3.  While all players are inconvenienced by crashes, players in the shards that end in 8hrs suffer an outsized harm compared to players that are farther from event end.

As it currently stands,  the compensation of 1k iso / 50hp is appropriate for the inconvenience suffered by all  players, but inadequate in light of the problems it causes for s2 placement.  

Its probably worthwhile to address that issue for future crashes.

• Phumade
    edited September 2017