Level 20-30 Samuts (and the opponent level exploit)

Options
13»

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    James13 said:
    I'll never understand why making friends in game and sharing information to set everyone up for success is considered a bad thing @Ohboy

Now this is a little ridiculous.  He responded to an accusation of intentionally monitoring brackets and entering on refresh and now it's being willfully spun/interpreted as something ludicrous.  Distasteful.
    @James13  you've been around long enough to recognize that it's all variations on a recurring theme; other people have more successful coalitions and have "unfair" advantages because of it.

Except it's not unfair and he does not get the right to decide which exploits are "cheating" and which are acceptable based on whether or not he uses them himself. By claiming some sort of non-existent moral superiority because one uses one exploit but not another is absolutely "disgusting." 
    In what universe does "I don't have resources to do this" become "People with big coalitions are cheaters"?  I don't see it in this thread, sorry.

Edit: Maybe an issue I'm having is that I don't have a worldview in which people are secret monsters?  I'm not saying anything about coalitions here, and it seems like you are probably feeling slighted by something.  However, I don't see what attacking a person (even if it's a popular target, for whatever reason) for highly extrapolated arguments achieves.  He seems normal enough to me except he responds to any troll bait leading to these bizarre (to me) feedback loops. ;)
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    James13 said:
    In what universe does "I don't have resources to do this" become "People with big coalitions are cheaters"?  I don't see it in this thread, sorry.
    You know what? You're correct @James13 I only see a vague reference to it in this thread so I am reacting to prior conversations.

But I do think it's important to clarify that "I don't have the resources to do this" is actually "I don't want to develop the resources to do this" since joining a top group isn't actually that difficult (and I know that I've extended an invite, if not to join us, than just to chat... and take advantage of some of those resources).
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    James13 said:
    I'll never understand why making friends in game and sharing information to set everyone up for success is considered a bad thing @Ohboy

Now this is a little ridiculous.  He responded to an accusation of intentionally monitoring brackets and entering on refresh and now it's being willfully spun/interpreted as something ludicrous.  Distasteful.
    Read the thread. He made the leap to intentionally monitoring brackets himself. I merely accused him of entering the event just before the nodes had topped out.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    James13 said:

@James13  you've been around long enough to recognize that it's all variations on a recurring theme; other people have more successful coalitions and have "unfair" advantages because of it.

Except it's not unfair and he does not get the right to decide which exploits are "cheating" and which are acceptable based on whether or not he uses them himself. By claiming some sort of non-existent moral superiority because one uses one exploit but not another is absolutely "disgusting." 
    Here's a thread to start you off:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/55195/this-game-and-its-elitist-players-are-toxic/p3

There's a good thread somewhere where (in my recollection, anyway) Ohboy claims it's clearly cheating swapping players around between events and Brigby tells him it isn't, but I cant be bothered to find it.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    As @babar3355 mentioned, this was a Matchmaking issue that Hibernum had been developing a fix for, and was on track to be implemented, prior to the unfortunate news of their studio closure.

Once the transition period is successfully completed, we will make sure the new development team is aware of this issue and the fix that Hibernum had previously developed.

In the meantime, we please ask that you do not encourage other players to utilize this method to purposefully match against lower level Planeswalkers. We are already aware of this issue, and we will do our best to make sure it is resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.

Having said that though, since this thread has unfortunately turned into targeting other players, I will be closing this discussion and removing any posted comments detailing how to purposefully match against lower level Planeswalkers.
This discussion has been closed.