Are Standard Tokens Still Yielding Gold (3*) Tokens

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Platty616 said:
    I have opened around 400 standard recruits since I last got a 3*, people say it's down to luck, so I'm on a 6 month bad luck streak. Keep your head up!
    Well, that is pretty bad; I've always averaged about 3-5 per 200, which is roughly the advertised odds. Doubling the number of covers we get via 3* bonus heroes was a nice touch.

You might get a few in a row coming up and straighten those averages right up :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    My OCD has the better of me with this game, so I've been tracking my pulls for a while now.
    Looking at my stats, in a little over 1200 Standard token pulls, it's a bit under a 3% change to get a 3 Star.

My OCD has the better of me with this game, so I've been tracking my pulls for a while now.<br>Looking at my stats, in a little over 1200 Standard token pulls, it's a bit under a 3% change to get a 3 Star.

Post-Bonus Heroes
    Total Pulls    800
    1 Star           83.63%
    2 Star           14.13%
    3 Star           2.25%

Pre-Bonus Heroes:
    Total Pulls   303
    1 Star          85.48%
    2 Star          11.55%
    3 Star           2.97%

I have like over 2K of these banked, but have little incentive to pull them anymore because I rarely get anything that will help me.
    Anyone remember when you could get a 4 Star from a Standard token?
    In the absolutely worst possible scenario, that's 200K ISO. I'll take it if you don't want it. 

In all seriousness, I wish they would swap out Elites for Standards at higher SCLs. Maybe they're saving that for 9 and 10. :-P
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards

I sure do! I remember getting at least one X-force Wolverine, one Invisible Woman, and one Nick Fury from standards over two years ago. I haven't pulled a 3-star from a standard a couple of weeks, but since I only open four a day (I have about 150 of them or so) that's not too surprising. 

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Last night I pulled like four 2s from standards and I just pulled an IM40 with a bonus Mystique from a standard a couple minutes ago actually.
    Pulled another one tonight too after the sub 3 clears. Doom with a bonus Mystique. So I fight Doom and Mystique and then I get one of each. Hey I'm one cover closer to that sweet 13th Iceman cover so I ain't complaining.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards
    My OCD has the better of me with this game, so I've been tracking my pulls for a while now.
    Looking at my stats, in a little over 1200 Standard token pulls, it's a bit under a 3% change to get a 3 Star.

My OCD has the better of me with this game, so I've been tracking my pulls for a while now.<br>Looking at my stats, in a little over 1200 Standard token pulls, it's a bit under a 3% change to get a 3 Star.

Post-Bonus Heroes
    Total Pulls    800
    1 Star           83.63%
    2 Star           14.13%
    3 Star           2.25%

Pre-Bonus Heroes:
    Total Pulls   303
    1 Star          85.48%
    2 Star          11.55%
    3 Star           2.97%

I have like over 2K of these banked, but have little incentive to pull them anymore because I rarely get anything that will help me.

That seems in line with my experience, from 1957 Standards I got:

46 *** (2.35%) official number = 2.3%

279 ** (14.25%) official number = 14%

1632 * (83.4%) official number = 83.7%

Longest streak between *** was 180 (average is 48) and I got 28 bonus ***.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards

I sure do! I remember getting at least one X-force Wolverine, one Invisible Woman, and one Nick Fury from standards over two years ago. I haven't pulled a 3-star from a standard a couple of weeks, but since I only open four a day (I have about 150 of them or so) that's not too surprising. 

I pulled a Prof X purple from a standard right back when I first started playing. I then went over a year before seeing another Prof X cover, so much so that I became convinced he was only available in standard tokens.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once in a blue moon, but it does happen
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

I quite literally never have drawn a 4* from Standard tokens, and I think I had drawn over 4000 or 5000 when they removed 4*s from the description.   I believe they stated that they didn't remove the 4*s from the tokens, but the chance was so vanishingly low that they removed it from the description.
  • Jaedenkaal
    GrimSkald said:

I quite literally never have drawn a 4* from Standard tokens, and I think I had drawn over 4000 or 5000 when they removed 4*s from the description.   I believe they stated that they didn't remove the 4*s from the tokens, but the chance was so vanishingly low that they removed it from the description.
    And the token odds now clearly indicate that there is no possibility of getting a 4* at all, and there have been a number of developer and designer comments that indicate that they may never have been in standard tokens.

All academic at this point, as I personally also seem to recall getting... Star-Lord, I think, from a standard token a looooong long time ago, however, I easily admit that this could not be the case and my memory could be faulty, especially after all this time and the number of tokens (of all kinds) that I have opened.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, 200,000 ISO would be useless.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Dormammu said:

Yeah, 200,000 ISO would be useless.
    Not to mention the ~80-100 3* covers.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    And the token odds now clearly indicate that there is no possibility of getting a 4* at all, and there have been a number of developer and designer comments that indicate that they may never have been in standard tokens.

All academic at this point, as I personally also seem to recall getting... Star-Lord, I think, from a standard token a looooong long time ago, however, I easily admit that this could not be the case and my memory could be faulty, especially after all this time and the number of tokens (of all kinds) that I have opened.
    Yeah its so weird,  I think I've gotten one 4* from all the stands that I have opened.  I know and I believe the devs when they say you couldn't get a 4* from a std.

Yet everyone seems to remember getting one.

• Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Platty616 said:
    I have opened around 400 standard recruits since I last got a 3*, people say it's down to luck, so I'm on a 6 month bad luck streak. Keep your head up!
    Well, that is pretty bad; I've always averaged about 3-5 per 200, which is roughly the advertised odds. Doubling the number of covers we get via 3* bonus heroes was a nice touch.

You might get a few in a row coming up and straighten those averages right up :)
    I opened another 51 yesterday and got 1 3* star cover, for a character I don't have (Squirrel Girl) and no bonus pull with it. :neutral:
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I don't keep track, but I know I got one recently....maybe two days ago?

I'm sorry to say it, but it sounds like the OP did something to offend the RNG god(s). You must sacrifice a fully covered 5* to appease them!
    A fully covered 5* to get an occasional 3* token?
    I don't think so.
  • DarthDeVo
    Platty616 said:
    Platty616 said:

I opened another 51 yesterday and got 1 3* star cover, for a character I don't have (Squirrel Girl) and no bonus pull with it. :neutral:
    You should send in a ticket for that. If you pull a 3* from Standards, it's supposed to guarantee a bonus hero pull. 
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I'm on a big 0/94 streak for obtaining a 3* from a standard token
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    45 more tokens opened today and no 3*

Now 280+ tokens and more than a month since my last 3* from standards.

GrimSkald said he once went 307 between draws. That's not a record I want to beat  :(

KGB
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    Final update on this. Opened 48 more tonight and finally got a gold token after 30 pulls.

So right around 310ish so I may or may not have worsered GrimSkald record :s

KGB
  • DarthDeVo
    KGB said:
    Final update on this. Opened 48 more tonight and finally got a gold token after 30 pulls.

So right around 310ish so I may or may not have worsered GrimSkald record :s

KGB
    I feel for you. I usually save up 50 and pull until I get my 3*. Sometimes it happens within a few pulls, sometimes I get down to single digits. It has happened on a few occasions that I'll pull all 50 and get nothing, but it's petty rare. It would be upsetting to do that six times in a row and get nothing. In fact, I almost feel like Standards are a more reliable source of 3* BH for me then Elites or Heroics have been lately. 
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    95 standard token pulls:

1 3*   while i should get  2 3* and a 1/3 (chance of third one)
    7 2*   while i should get  almost 12 2*
    87 1*

which mean my odds were:
    3*    1.05%         while it should be   2.33%
    2*     7.37%        while it should be   12.5%

so I got about half of what I was suppose to get (for both 3* and 2*), I would say it has been a while the drop rate of (2* and 3*) is less than what is expected to be, I don't remember my previous pulls, but I know was not good too.

I will keep tracking, try to collect another 95 standard tokens or so and pull it again, logically I should get at least as I suppose to get or better.

the thing about odds, sometime it works against you, but also sometimes should work better for you.