Are Standard Tokens Still Yielding Gold (3*) Tokens

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
Like a few others here I open my standard tokens in hordes of 45-50 at a time. Typically I get 1 gold token (and the accompanying bonus hero) which is in line with the odds (1/43).

However roughly 4 weeks ago I had my first 0-fer in a long while. I didn't think much of it until my next one also was an 0-fer. I never had that before. When I got my 3rd 0-fer in a row I wondered if something was wrong. On my 4th 0-fer I checked my 2* draw rate and I got 4 out of 48 (expected 6 given 1-8 odds). Tonight I just got my 5th 0-fer in a row and my 2* draw rate was 3 out of 47 (expected 6 again).

Now 1/43 is 2.3% and if you take the chance of no gold token 97.6^225 draws (slightly less than 5 0-fers for me) you get .005 or roughly 1/2 of 1%. Not inconceivable but definitely odd enough given the total number of tokens involved for me to ask here given my 2* draw rate has also been low the last 2 times (wish I tracked the first 3 times). Not to mention I know D3 messed up the classic LT odds a few weeks back...

So my question is, is anyone else still getting gold tokens from Standards and does your 2* draw rate seem right?

KGB

Comments

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    I'm still getting a 3* from standard tokens about once a week.

have no clue how many tokens i am opening though.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to know. I guess I'm just on an insanely bad streak then.

KGB
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't tracked the actually percentages,  but I can confirm that I'm getting 2*, 3*, and 3* BH from standards
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got one, along with a Bonus Cag3, about 5 minutes ago.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last night I pulled like four 2s from standards and I just pulled an IM40 with a bonus Mystique from a standard a couple minutes ago actually.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Got one yesterday and I only opened 15 covers , think it was my 4th token in 

like others I get one or two a week 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got 3* from a Standard a week or so ago, but before that it was months of nothing. Someone else in my alliance just pulled ~100 Standard tokens and got none.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I got one earlier today.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Got one yesterday and one today.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I don't keep track, but I know I got one recently....maybe two days ago?

I'm sorry to say it, but it sounds like the OP did something to offend the RNG god(s). You must sacrifice a fully covered 5* to appease them!
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I went for a very long stretch with none, then in the last week I have had 3, including 2 in back to back pulls. Just gotta wait out the drought. 
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    About 2 weeks ago I pulled back to back 3*s from standards, plus bonus heroes for each. First time ever in 1300+ days of playing.  
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I went nearly 150 standards without a 3* but then I got three in the next 50. That's just randomness. Sometimes it sucks, the rest of the time it sucks even more. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I once opened 80 standard token and didn't get a single 3*. since then I'm opening standards as they come.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

I track information from all my tokens, and after some really bad runs I started tracking tokens between golds on Standard tokens.  Here are the % based on standard tokens, I've drawn 9244 tokens so far:

Stars - Total # - % of Total
    * --- 7711 ------ 83.4%
    ** --- 1325 ----- 14.3%
    *** --- 203 ----- 2.2%

The longest period between golds, btw, is 307 draws.  The shortest is 1, of course.  RNG is gonna be random.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    My OCD has the better of me with this game, so I've been tracking my pulls for a while now.
    Looking at my stats, in a little over 1200 Standard token pulls, it's a bit under a 3% change to get a 3 Star.

My OCD has the better of me with this game, so I've been tracking my pulls for a while now.<br>Looking at my stats, in a little over 1200 Standard token pulls, it's a bit under a 3% change to get a 3 Star.

Post-Bonus Heroes
    Total Pulls    800
    1 Star           83.63%
    2 Star           14.13%
    3 Star           2.25%

Pre-Bonus Heroes:
    Total Pulls   303
    1 Star          85.48%
    2 Star          11.55%
    3 Star           2.97%

I have like over 2K of these banked, but have little incentive to pull them anymore because I rarely get anything that will help me.
    Anyone remember when you could get a 4 Star from a Standard token?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't the better question Why are we still getting tinykitty standard tokens in the first place?
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I probably average about 2 or so a week and sometimes more.  Just the other day out of maybe 20 - 25 standards I pulled (3) 3*.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got one from a standard today!
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I have opened around 400 standard recruits since I last got a 3*, people say it's down to luck, so I'm on a 6 month bad luck streak. Keep your head up!