Where do all-mook opponents get their AP?

2»

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald said: ... What, you liked eating a Symbiote Scythes every other turn?  For tinykitty's sake, man, that node was tinykittying awful.

I do remember when they displayed how much AP the goons generated, I didn't mind it but apparently it caused confusion and angst.  Dunno why.

YES.

I liked the node that is. And wish we had many, many more like it.

Challenging nodes allow for quality play to become an advantage. By increasing the likelihood that careless / weak players will wipe, they reward roster strength, skill, and knowledge.

Without them the game becomes mindless repetitive busywork, where players go to earn a litany of participation trophies. Like writing 100 sentences for iso.

Y'know, like exactly how the game is today. Never mind the excellence, just punch the clock.

An old-school Carnage with a red feeder or two had the potential to fire scythes every other turn. Every turn if he was making red matches. Why would you let him? I certainly didn't. "eating a Symbiote Scythes every other turn?" That's crazy. 
    Unless nodes aren't replayable after a wipe, players are still going to beat that node eventually.  At least, enough players that everyone in competition for the very narrow band of meaningful prizes will have beaten that node.

It might knock out the bottom 300 or 400 out of the 500 players in the bracket, but the net effect to people playing competitively is almost nil.  At least that's how it was with my scaling and my brackets back when the original version of that node was a thing.  It didn't weed anyone out in a meaningful way, it just made the mindless repetitive busywork even more time- and resource-consuming.

It wasn't harder back then -- few things in this game are can actually be made hard, because board RNG cuts both ways -- it was just more painful.

80% of the battle in this game is and always has been schedule flexibility.  Most of the rest is board luck.  Maybe in a different version of this game, with win conditions and unrepeatable nodes, an annoying node like that could have some benefits and reward skilled play.  This game isn't that, though, and it never was.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Venom Bomb usually equals The Hood in the opposing team using his yellow ability every three or four turns. If I bring my own I'm lucky if I even shoot once. Fun times!