What does the anniversary mean to you?

2»

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I finally get to cover my Dino!
    Boss Rush was last anniversary, so it was very "you're supposed to lose," also.  They didn't really address anything about it, and waited out the complaints until the next wave of grievances came from the following event.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    OJSP said:
    2nd year Anniversary=What was this?  Didn't seem like too much special
    It was special.. for the wrong reason.. "You're supposed to lose"..
    I think we're going to have an all new "you're supposed to lose" boss event. There have been too many done in 24 hour boss events lately...
  • Evilplayer
    Evilplayer Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Hooray! Free stuff! Maybe a cool new feature or content!
    This is my first anni. So im excited. Im kinda sad i havent hoard anything. 0 Iso 0 hp 0 cp ftw. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is my first anni. So im excited. Im kinda sad i havent hoard anything. 0 Iso 0 hp 0 cp ftw. 
    Were you mugged or something? I only have about 60cp right now and gonna be hoarding it for a while. About 100k iso but I gotta champ my 2* Storm in a few days and then the rest will go towards champing Iceman or Mordo next. So for hp I'm swimming in that. Rostering Thano5 in a few days but my hp hovers around 12k.
  • Noobeeus
    Noobeeus Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I don't care or know anything about the anniversary
    Only been playing for 133 days according to my login rewards.

had no idea an anniversary was due
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    We've still got a few weeks to hoard stuff, glad they reminded me it was due as was going to spend my saved up points this week 

Dino covers would be nice and perhaps a new ultra rare character 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I picked hooray to be a positive force but I probably should have picked disappointed.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a hooray for me.  As much as I don't like some of the game mechanics, I still play every single day for more time than I do anything else leisure-related (unless you count television, which happens concurrently).  Anniversaries are the times I consider splurging on a Stark.  30% more is not a bad bargain if you need the hp, and since I drew two missing 5* back-to-back right before rostering Lockjaw, my coffers are bare.  Depends on what's in the vaults, though.  If it's for mediocre rewards, I'll just conserve on shields in the offseason.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I finally get to cover my Dino!
    So if they make the anniversary fun, are reasonably generous with rewards and beatable events, and are able to make things run smoothly, most everyone will be happy... doesn't seem like we're asking for too much here.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need a "Oh God I've been here for every anniversary WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE!?" option.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Anniversary=Devil Dino. I've sold enough covers to have him champed at this point but now find myself somehow with him/her as my only non-rostered 4* and an abundance of HP. Bring on the anniversary.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anniversary=Devil Dino. I've sold enough covers to have him champed at this point but now find myself somehow with him/her as my only non-rostered 4* and an abundance of HP. Bring on the anniversary.
    When the last anniversary happened I champed her. At the time she was my highest level 4* at 287. I was curious to see who would be my highest after a year went by and it's currently Antman at 297. Devil Dino is currently joint 7th with XFW and Thor.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO, PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO, PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO...  :expressionless:
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO, PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO, PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO..  :expressionless:
    These are pretty much my feelings too. I'll be very disappointed if there aren't Double ISO events.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO, PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO, PleaseLetThereBeDoubleISO..  :expressionless:
    These are pretty much my feelings too. I'll be very disappointed if there aren't Double ISO events.
    I think the last time it happened was around Christmas, and I think it was just a flat doubling of everything for like a week. PvP, PvE, even the then-Intercepts. I feel like the 2000 ISO reward came around more often back then too, which became 4000 when it dropped during that week. It was grand. 
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Why do I get excited for this when I'm always disappointed?
    Well, I have to admit that during the last two anniversary events, the hype was there but I was quite disappointed in the actual end results.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    It means server outage's.....like right now!!
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Why do I get excited for this when I'm always disappointed?
    I've been disappointed since the first anniversary. Second year anniversary, more frustrating than fun, token pull rates sucked so bad D3 had to apply a fix. Third anniversary, Boss Rush was an absolute disaster. I'm hoping after two strikes, D3 will finally get it right again, but I'm not holding my breath.