What does the anniversary mean to you?

crackninja
crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
When you think of the upcoming anniversary,  what do you think? 

What does the anniversary mean to you? 201 votes

Hooray! Free stuff! Maybe a cool new feature or content!
68%
TheVultureGuntherBlobelDragon_NexusKolencesinnerjflahunter5rixmithxKOBALTxn33folsDapperChewieSnakesArrowsChrono_Tatacarrion_pigeonsGrumpySmurf1002wymtimeDartmaster01dr tinykittyloveIlDuderinoCaptainFreakyTiggida 137 votes
If they don't do anything awesome (such as more clearance levels), I'm done with this game
2%
firethornefrachrCarnifexxQubortdave7099 5 votes
Why do I get excited for this when I'm always disappointed?
17%
SpoitThanosWilsonFiskColognoisseurProfessorGumbyrawfsuAXP_ismeleeleeshinejordanixJsh2014BlackICArctic_OneSteellatchPunisher5784Spudgutterjreddoptimus2861Kevin61TenaciousdecafTalus9952 36 votes
I finally get to cover my Dino!
9%
ragnaradyZootSaxEric1985STOPTHISsmkspyRedLionmaguirenumber6FokaiHIMarcSpector68TarjanVKMETT-T dependentvinsensualcrackninjaSkadenFrudeebchaosTPF AlexisdramatistKahmonMonotone 19 votes
I don't care or know anything about the anniversary
1%
DyingLegenddrayviper32bryduckNoobeeus 4 votes

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I voted Hooray, because the extra tokens/anniversary events are always fun.

In terms of new features and other substantive additions to the game (SCL 9, something to do with the other 110 rostered characters, etc.) I've learned to temper my expectations. Somewhat.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I was torn between "hooray" and "covering dino".  This will be my second anniversary, and last year through no special purchases beyond maybe some 100 hp daily deals I got 11 dino covers.  At first I was actually convinced that it was rigged to give them out.  A year later, I'm ready to champ her and let the good time animations roll  B)
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    I voted 'Hooray', but only because it was the best fit.  It has a more excited tone than I feel is appropriate.

My typical experience: MPQ had an anniversary and gave out free stuff, and there was much rejoicing..........yay..... :|
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last year's got my Dino to 13 covers. I am just now getting three more in the Resupply, two of which I just used to change the balance of powers (I had 5 covers in purple), the last of which I'll hold onto just in case this anniversary is giving us a ton of covers — in which case I may have to champ the damn thing.

Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a substantial rework. I get that it's a gag character, but that doesn't mean it needs to be so weak!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    This year I just want a cool new character and maybe some new content or something. I would gladly give up the 'free stuff' for this.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I'm hoping for double ISO (maybe they'll do quadruple, since it's the fourth anniversary!), there will be a sale, and at least one special vault. Perhaps the survey results will determine who shows up in the vault?
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I voted Hooray! because any and all free stuff makes me happy. I'm hoping for a big Iso boost, PVP improvements, a new, fun boss event.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Double iso is all i care. Dino, whatever charcters (limit or not), new features, etc are just a bonus for me.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I like the Dino covers, that's great.
    On the other hand I have been disappointed for the last few anniversaries. Over the last few anniversaries nothing has lived up to the early promise of the 20 person lightning rounds. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Considering the main theme for two out of the three anniversary's we've already had was disappointment, I'm not holding my breath.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It means I've been playing this game for another year.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I want to drown in iso and Anniversary tokens. 

***Redacted spoiler info - Ducky
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I voted hooray, but with a lot of apprehension. I just hope that they actually make it a fun time. Not the welcome to the party now get to work party it has been the last two years. I would hope by now they have learned from past mistakes. Just loosen up the purse strings, let the gifts flow to those that help your game/job, let us have our one good time of year, and then get back to the grind.
    Really it's okay to show your customers appreciation, and generosity. Sometimes it makes our purse strings a little less restrained. Just saying.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Hurray double ISO!....but there's no normal PVE running so it isn't really that great...less hurray..."
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I've been ignoring a lot of 4* weekly vaults and daily pulls to save up and buy out the anniversary vault.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I voted honestly.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    1st year Anniversary=AWESOME!!
    20 man LRs, tokens and covers raining from the sky, double ISO etc. heck can't remember it all

2nd year Anniversary=What was this?  Didn't seem like too much special

3rd Anniversary= Major disappointment. Double ISO pvp but if you were in s1 for Dino PVP, you didn't get any ISO due to a bug. Was a major flop to a lot of the long term players. Only exception is that you could Champ Dino. 

With some of the major concerns a lot of people have had with this game, it will be very telling the direction this is going for this Anniversary.  

Edit:
    YES!!  I forgot the greatest quote in this games history from 2nd Anniversary boss event. 
    You're suppose to lose. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Devil DIno should get enough covers to pass up Mordo and take his rightful spot at the top of my roster....because my roster isn't all that good :)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I chose more dino covers as mine is at 9 covers...never should have sold off those originals, but main I'm anticipating are the vaults.

Usually have great vaults for the anni, and other than dail deals and roster spots am saving up for the anni vaults.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    I don't remember a whole lot of disappointment last year.  There was a bug or something in one of the events, but for the most part things were pretty good.  Second anniversary was the one that was worth being really disappointed in.  Especially considering the terrible state the game was in for most of 2016, last anniversary really marked MPQs climb out of the dumpster fire it was in, and into a halfway reasonable state.

That said, if the entire game was as free with resources as the anniversary was last year, I'd be way more invested in the game than I am.  From a raw game design standpoint, the anniversary is one of the only times when the game actually feels fun and fair, instead of manipulative and cynical.