What are you waiting for?

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
Hi. I like this game more than any other one.

I play everyday and every free event, but I am getting bored.

Bored of the same events every week, of Training grounds and bored of getting every new set the same events mechanics (enrage, same objectives...).

So what I am waiting for?

-Change in events starting/finishing time policy that allow everyone to finish every whole event without having to play at ridiculous hours.

-New booster crafting system (waiting since April I believe).

-Mending the HOU card list available in vault boosters.

-Tweak of training grounds to be more useful and funny.

-New events mechanics.

-New section in the app to know the events timetable, the date and cost of the new planeswalkers to come, the release date of a new set, the release date of a new game version... all the news that you lose if you do not come to the forums.

-Return of Quick Battle. 

-Of course new sets.

Thank you for what we have, but we need some fresh changes.

Comments

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This game is dying.  You don't have tons of time.  I know of lots of players that have quit in the last few weeks and I am close to being one of them.

I am utterly bored with the game.  Sitting on 150 packs of cards that I don't bother opening because the drop rates are so freaking bad.  3500 crystals and 2500 jewels that aren't worth spending.  The same events with the same annoying objectives.  The same awful card balancing that causes me to play with the same 5-10 cards in every single deck.  The same awful prizes that has me not caring if I win or lose.

You guys ruined this game far before Hibernum quit.  Maybe I should follow their lead.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:

This game is dying.  You don't have tons of time.  I know of lots of players that have quit in the last few weeks and I am close to being one of them.

I am utterly bored with the game.  Sitting on 150 packs of cards that I don't bother opening because the drop rates are so freaking bad.  3500 crystals and 2500 jewels that aren't worth spending.  The same events with the same annoying objectives.  The same awful card balancing that causes me to play with the same 5-10 cards in every single deck.  The same awful prizes that has me not caring if I win or lose.

You guys ruined this game far before Hibernum quit.  Maybe I should follow their lead.

Your history has you threatening to quit since December 2016.

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I certainly hope the game isn't dying, but the possibility has been at the back of my mind since the closure of the old studio and the lack of info on anything new. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The big "Something went wrong" fiasco flipped a switch for me.  The way it was handled was the worst I've seen so far.  Now the game isn't fun anymore.  I no longer believe they'll ever fix the game's real problems. I haven't quit yet, but it's probably any day now.

Maybe my memory is clouded by recent events.  Besides event slots, have they made any changes that really improved the game?  Search is slightly better.  The UI changes were perhaps a minor improvement. I really can't think of anything else.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More story mode. 

New PVE. 

Return of 8 hour recharges. 

@Gilesclone please don't quit. I like playing your decks. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've been waiting for Samut so long I have to try her when she comes out. Maybe that will help. We'll see.

I didn't play TG at all yesterday. I can't remember the last time I missed TG.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been waiting for Samut so long I have to try her when she comes out. Maybe that will help. We'll see.

I didn't play TG at all yesterday. I can't remember the last time I missed TG.
    I can only be counted on to play coalition events -- PM me Thursday in Discord and let's build Samut together -- I've been waiting for ages for her as well -- refused to pay cash because I didn't have the runes to level her. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We're in a lull in general right now, part of it just due to how the sets cycle, and part of it due to game errors. We've not gotten the Hour of Devestation pack updates which has made the game feel stagnant and the next paper set doesn't launch till the end of the month. It's not entirely unlike the time between Eldritch Moon and Kaladesh or Aether Revolt and Amonkhet.

New cards and new content will come, and hopefully the new studio will handle this well. Also I'd recommend preparing for a slower game in general considering the changes to the release cycle. It'll be interesting to see if/how core sets get incorporated into Puzzle Quest as they are historically a high percentage of reprints and staples year to year, and will be the only sets printed in the summer starting next year.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've been a gamer for decades - first as a fan and now as a member of industry. 

I very much enjoy this game thanks in no small part to joining teams that can still teach me new insights. 

This is a great game. It's just that D3 management bit off a bit more than they could chew with regard to license fees and tried to make it up by cutting corners on development payroll. 

Anyone who was simply in it for the money has already left. 

The people who stayed really want to make this game work and I'm rooting for them. 

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    babar3355 said:

Your history has you threatening to quit since December 2016.
    I'm surprised he started that late. The downward trajectory of the game preceeds the end of last year.
  • shteev
    Options
    Steeme said:

Also, you'll find this game is more enjoyable when you play it casually.

You don't have to play every training ground.

You don't have to play every event.

You don't have to play every event charge.

Free yourself of the self-imposed grind and have fun.

You're saying... this game is great because you don't have to play it?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No he's saying that the game won't disappoint you as much if you don't get addicted to it. 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

shteev said:
    Steeme said:

Can't really make it any clearer.  Didn't even use any big words.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The big "Something went wrong" fiasco flipped a switch for me.  The way it was handled was the worst I've seen so far.  Now the game isn't fun anymore.  I no longer believe they'll ever fix the game's real problems. I haven't quit yet, but it's probably any day now.

Maybe my memory is clouded by recent events.  Besides event slots, have they made any changes that really improved the game?  Search is slightly better.  The UI changes were perhaps a minor improvement. I really can't think of anything else.
    Which one, something went wrong has been such a repeatedly occurring issue that I have been questioning if some of the latest additions have destabilized the game, or if a server broke adding strain to the others. Meanwhile the event decks and the search function I feel were godsends, they both drastically reduced the time it takes me to make decks for the events. The UI change was nice but I feel they could have used that time to do something better.
  • shteev
    Options
    Steeme said:

shteev said:
    Steeme said:

This is the death of logic. If you reduce your own expectations far enough, then the game will exceed them! It's a grand tautology, so it is.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    Steeme said:

shteev said:
    Steeme said:

This is the death of logic. If you reduce your own expectations far enough, then the game will exceed them! It's a grand tautology, so it is.

The game is not exceeding my expectations.  It's enjoyable as a pass-time and suits its purpose as a mobile game.

• Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Steeme said:

Samut is awesome.  Overcome is a magnificent beast of a card.  She can play it in a single swap.

I wouldn't know. I don't have it and despite playing this game everyday and opening dozens of card packs, I haven't seen a single non dupe card in 2 months. That's how broken the drop rate in this game has become
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm waiting for everyone else to leave so I can turn out the lights.