Are we allowed to talk about rumours ?

2»

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    You're worried about a Mod warning? Those are like badges of honor. It means you're probably doing something right. 

Anyway, you owe it to us all to come clean with your info now that you have piqued our curiosity  :p
    I'm more proud of my 4 spam points, 4 abuse points, and 2 probations than my 360+ likes and 50+ insightfuls......
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Beer40 said:
    You're worried about a Mod warning? Those are like badges of honor. It means you're probably doing something right. 

Anyway, you owe it to us all to come clean with your info now that you have piqued our curiosity  :p
    I'm more proud of my 4 spam points, 4 abuse points, and 2 probations than my 360+ likes and 50+ insightfuls......
    Indeed, they're just like ASBOs (for those lucky enough not to live in the paradise known as the UK, this was the completely useless and unintentional hilarious answer to gang violence). Why don't we see these warnings and other 'negative' points, so we can brag how badass we are on a forum full of nerds and geeks ;)
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I don't get this why ask if something is allowed, got a rumor post it as speculation and reference that you are basing this speculation on something you "read online somewhere"  You would be covered unless mods just don't care about proof, culpability and that stuff.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Beer40 said:

I only have one Abuse point  :( I have gotten DMs directly from mods telling me to stop being a jerk though.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Beer40 said:

I only have one Abuse point  :( I have gotten DMs directly from mods telling me to stop being a jerk though.
    Hahaha!!!! Yeah, I've had a few of those too.....
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I don't get this why ask if something is allowed, got a rumor post it as speculation and reference that you are basing this speculation on something you "read online somewhere"  You would be covered unless mods just don't care about proof, culpability and that stuff.
    Because, 9 times out of 10, that "read online somewhere" comes from datamining. Generally speaking, if you can post proof that it isn't from that (i.e. when they posted about Lockjaw on Facebook, or maybe if a new character leaks in art that got released for something else), then it would be fine.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Because, 9 times out of 10, that "read online somewhere" comes from datamining. Generally speaking, if you can post proof that it isn't from that (i.e. when they posted about Lockjaw on Facebook, or maybe if a new character leaks in art that got released for something else), then it would be fine.
    And because at this point, if what I read is true I know something I shouldn't, and if it's not I would create false excitement & expectation followed by disappointment. None of the results would be good for the community :)

I asked because I wanted to talk with somebody about it, since I was very excited by what I read. But I don't want to break the rules, just to feed my ego. Sorry :)

But I can tell you this: if it's true, most of the forum will be happy. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Ha ha!  I like your optimism.  Every change has pages of complaints.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    D4Ni13 said:

But I can tell you this: if it's true, most of the forum will be happy. 

Yeah, no.

'We wait 4 years for XXXX, then you bring him/her as a 5*?!? Now I'll never get to play him/her!!!!1111111'

Never underestimate the stupidity of this forum.