Are we allowed to talk about rumours ?

D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I read the forum rules, and it does specify that D3Go! has the right to remove any topic regarding spoilers and/or data-mining. But is a rumour considered to be such a thing ? Perhaps if it's made in such a way that it doesn't actually reveal names per-se, and its only purpose is to make some hype and guessing game ? 

For example, I read a rumour somewhere else, of potential heroes to come in MPQ in the future. I don't know if it's only speculation or is the result of datamining (probably is), but this things, while not so desired by the games' official staff, can actual be beneficial to make hype train, and is used on other forums (Heroes of the Storm is an example). Now I understand that it's a fine line between making a topic of hype and one of plain spoiler with reveal of the actual stuff you read or come across, and that is not my question. 

How is this viewed on this forum, and is there any liberty at all to talk about this stuff ? 

(The reason I'm asking is because I'm a type of player that actually enjoy this hype of knowing that in the future a favored hero of mine is possible to enter the game, and so do others. And while I don't do datamining - and never will - I enjoy reading about this kind of stuff. And some games actually take advantage of this and see how wanted is a character by simply sending this kind of rumours in the 'air'). 

EDIT: Thanks for the anwsers and warnings. It was just a honest question. I assume my actions, if I deserve a warning point, so be it... but just wanted to know how things stand. On HotS we often talked about this kind of stuff, and it was a double-edged sword (both hype & dissapointment), but it fuel the 'hungry for news' and it was kinda fun. 

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    No way. This topic will get locked and you might get a warning if you are unlucky.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Based on the mood of the mods you might even get a warning point, so be carefull. I've received one for mentioning character that was announced on discord, but not on these forums.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it turns out it was datamined content, they will likely remove it and may issue you a warning regardless of culpability.

You could always put the info under a spoiler tag for those that might not want to see it.

Speaking for myself, I'm pretty hungry for any news right now, so unfounded rumor or not I'd be interested.
  • Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    some of it at least
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Rumour is that we can't
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards

Any kind of speculation tends to get lobbed under the spoilers and/or data-mining banner, so best to avoid them at all.

That said, is it a spoiler to think that other Inhumans are coming to this game, based on who you see in Lockjaw's power?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:

Any kind of speculation tends to get lobbed under the spoilers and/or data-mining banner, so best to avoid them at all.

That said, is it a spoiler to think that other Inhumans are coming to this game, based on who you see in Lockjaw's power?

From the Marvel.com Lockjaw interview:

"Josh Austin: Lockjaw is awesome and his popularity is growing so finally being able to add a playable canine to “Marvel Puzzle Quest” just made the team really excited. One of the great things about Lockjaw in “Marvel Puzzle Quest” is his ability to teleport in other Inhumans, so while we aren’t adding Crystal and Karnak to the game as playable characters (at least it’s not planned right now), they are getting put in the game through Lockjaw."
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    You're worried about a Mod warning? Those are like badges of honor. It means you're probably doing something right. 

Anyway, you owe it to us all to come clean with your info now that you have piqued our curiosity  :p
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a business of facts. If you're going to state something, you must state where that information came from. Was it meeting a D3 representative at a convention? Did you read it on marvel.com? The Discord discussion group? Is this your own opinion? Is it based on an upcoming Marvel TV Show or Movie?

All of those sources should be fine. If it's from Data Mining, then you'll get in trouble here.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just rest assured that if you're hearing them, they're probably true.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a warning or whatever (I could post, but not create a new topic) for just stating that Star Lord would be the next 5* when GotG2 was about to come out and you would have to have not paid any attention to the releases in the past 2 years to think anything else was going to happen. I would probably not post about rumors and if that's really your thing you should look for other avenues to get your fill (LINE or Discord chats)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    If you're purely speculating or wishing hopefully about a specific character coming in the future, you can always post in the Speculations & Concepts section
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Rumors are almost always data mined and a big no-no as Daiches mentioned above. There is the occasional outlier, though. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen rumors and speculation of a particular character getting a new version for months now across various channels. No data mining involved with that one. It's simply been based on the pattern of releases going back over a year. 

I'm actually intrigued to see what happens to that talk on one particular channel if it goes from well known rumor based on patterns and assumption, to something a bit more concrete. 

(Yes, I'm purposely vague about the possible character to avoid any repercussions - now or in the future)
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    You can talk about rumors, but only if they're 100% false. Any true rumors will get you whacked, even if you're just making a wild lucky guess. It's best to stick to things D3 won't enforce, like abusing pull mechanics. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    What you have to do is say the characters you already know are coming, but pretend to you don't really know. It's best if throw in something you know isn't coming. That's how most people get away with it, especially when we get clues to new characters.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Really...