CHEATER¡¡¡¡¡¡

2»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    @OJSP

Ok. I assume they have tons of reports against them by now. Let the devs deal with it. We do not need a daily update on someone suspected of cheating.

Do you sit by the time clock at work and make sure every employee is clocking in and out at precise times? Management is aware of the issue and will deal with it however they see fit.

The terms of service you are supposed to read and agree to every time you start the game states clearly that it is the sole discretion of the company to determine wether or not someone is cheating. They also have the right to punish or not punish at their discretion. They have been made aware, it is in their hands. 

Cheaters absolutely should be dealt with in my opinion. But I do not run the company. So whether or not anything is actually done is out of our hands. If we cannot tolerate inaction vs cheaters then our only option would be to quit the game.

The devs are aware and will do whatever they want with the info. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the person is found out, and sandboxed, do the people who were pushed out of rewards get those rewards they would have earned?  No.  (I do not expect that.). Therefore, players have a vested interest in keeping on the publisher to have cheaters removed.

Especially players who spent money on the game.  Especially whales.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    tiomono said:
    Do you sit by the time clock at work and make sure every employee is clocking in and out at precise times? 
    If i suspect them of stealing my money, you bet I would. I will make sure I get proof of that as soon as possible and sack them.
    Absolutely if they are robbing you personally. However this person is not stealing your money, they are potentially stealing from the game publisher. The devs have been made aware and will deal with it how they see fit.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    tiomono said:

The terms of service you are supposed to read and agree to every time you start the game states clearly that it is the sole discretion of the company to determine wether or not someone is cheating. They also have the right to punish or not punish at their discretion. They have been made aware, it is in their hands. 

Cheaters absolutely should be dealt with in my opinion. But I do not run the company. So whether or not anything is actually done is out of our hands. If we cannot tolerate inaction vs cheaters then our only option would be to quit the game.
    You are aware that this is a forum where people can raise issues and they will hopefully be spotted by Brigby and/or the developers and hopefully one day addressed.  So in a way it is in 'our' hands and not withstanding previous inaction on the BH issue, if this thread is continuously bumped it may get their attention.

In addition, this doesn't seem to be a BH exploiter who would usually already be a paying customer who D3 would have a reason to hold onto.  It is undoubtedly a Steam user who is giving themselves HP/Iso/cp etc and D3 are getting nothing off them.

On a positive note, the account now has 5*s in the 530's so I doubt it'll be long until it draws the attention of super whales and at that point something may finally be done about it.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    meh,  he's just getting started on building out his sandbox account.  I hope he'll start publishing character analysis videos soon.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***If you suspect someone is cheating, please submit a ticket and let the devs handle it as they are the only ones who can be certain if someone is cheating. As such, I'll be closing this thread.***
This discussion has been closed.