capi121
capi121 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

this post is edited to remove the google translate version

Comments

• capi121
    edited September 2017

D3go, do something with this cheat, please. Hi.

A clear cheat was found in MPQ.

He is in an alliance, but a few days ago he was in other alliance

It has been followed by several players.

It has increased the level of their characters incredibly in a few days. possesses Mookingbird and Yondu at level 370 now and Lockyaw lvl 271.

He is a very clear cheater and has already been reported but still plays.

D3go, do something with this cheat, please.

He make multitaping in pve too.

I have screenshots but I do not know how to copy them here.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    For one, you cannot call out alliances or individual players on this forum. This thread will get locked. For second there's a proper way to do this if you suspect cheating.

Also...never underestimate the spending power of whales. It's very possible for this guy to have bought enough tokens for the current PvE to have 14 covers for Lockjaw.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Lol. Sour grapes are an ugly thing
  • capi121
    I have already consulted with several whales before I denounced that cheater. many have their eyes on him and do not know him
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    What do you know, cheaters in this game too!? No kidding!
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    It's interesting that one of the possible tells that he is a cheater is that many of his max champ 3* and 4*s have absolutely terrible skill distributions, as if he has never used them before.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It's the weekend, d3 aren't even at work right now. They will have to verify that he in fact cheated before sandboxing him.  think about it, would you want to be boxed before d3 investigated whether or not you cheated if someone reported you?  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    capi121 said:
    I have already consulted with several whales before I denounced that cheater. many have their eyes on him and do not know him
    Yes because everyone on the planet that spends money on this game has to pass the established whales inspection first.
  • capi121
    edited September 2017
    tiomono said:
    capi121 said:
    Yes because everyone on the planet that spends money on this game has to pass the established whales inspection first.
    I was just responding specifically to another comment.

and all the whales and others players know how to identify a cheater much better than me. I did not mean that they have to give anyone permission to spend his own money
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two days ago, a whale was in Discord calling out a group of cheaters.  One in particular had changed his handle at least 3 times after repeated sandboxing.  Whales often run across them first in PVP with their "enhanced" rosters.

It is not that hard, from what I can tell, to find ways to give yourself resources by cheating. (Based on anecdotes.  There was a person sandboxed from my alliance about 2-3 months ago after giving himself HP.)

Cheating absolutely exists, and it is possible to tell.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    OJSP said:
    It's the weekend, d3 aren't even at work right now. They will have to verify that he in fact cheated before sandboxing him.  think about it, would you want to be boxed before d3 investigated whether or not you cheated if someone reported you?  
    The person in question has been improving their roster for a week now, reported last weekend. They moved from one alliance to 2 others. If they are legit, their alliance mates would be swimming in CPs.
    Ahh, ok. With the holiday last week, I bet d3 is behind some. It is frustrating when people cheat the system while we've worked years on our rosters. But, I would rather them take the needed time to verify than to just box and possibly screw someone out of rewards. If we're still having this conversation next weekend then yeah, they need to move on it.  
  • tiomono
    capi121 said:
    tiomono said:
    capi121 said:

and all the whales and others players know how to identify a cheater much better than me. I did not mean that they have to give anyone permission to spend his own money
    Sorry I came off so hostile. Cheaters need to be punished. We just need to go through the the devs so they can check it all out instead of relying solely on what players think or see. 

It could be possible they are spending in a ton of smaller transactions so their alliance may not see the cp from the larger buys. Not everyone spends the same or is even intelligent with how they spend.

Nothing you described that they are doing could be ruled solely as cheating. They could be spending. So the devs are the right ones to investigate and pursue the matter not other paying customers.
  • tiomono
    edited September 2017
    How would i look at the roster when its against forum rules to call out a player? Turn it in to the devs let them deal or not deal with it.

It is still possible to get that roster in a very short time if you don't care about your money.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you can't recognize a Steam cheater..
  • capi121
    tiomono said:
    capi121 said:
    tiomono said:
    capi121 said:

Sorry I came off so hostile. Cheaters need to be punished. We just need to go through the the devs so they can check it all out instead of relying solely on what players think or see. 

It could be possible they are spending in a ton of smaller transactions so their alliance may not see the cp from the larger buys. Not everyone spends the same or is even intelligent with how they spend.

Nothing you described that they are doing could be ruled solely as cheating. They could be spending. So the devs are the right ones to investigate and pursue the matter not other paying customers.
    I consulted several players with great experience, only to know if their opinion coincided with mine when it came to locating a potential cheater.
    It's true that the developers are the only ones who really know if it's a cheat, but I did not want to blame anyone who might be innocent of cheating and that's why I wrote this.
    I am sure, as far as I can see, that it is a cheater. Thanks for participating in this chat, it is interesting to see everyone's opinion.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Just to add to this, I woke up last Monday to a hit from this cheater (presumably the same one but I'm not in many Line chats so not necessarily) in Shield Simulator.

The hit was with lvl 485 Thanos, 480 Panther and 484 Hulk.  I'd never come across this player before so checked out their roster/alliance and already all three of the above (classic) characters had increased by 10-levels.

I immediately made a report, got the usual canned response, but nearly a week later this account still hasn't been sandboxed.  As of now, those 3 characters are all 500+.

@Brigby - please get the developers/CS to sort this out.  It doesn't reflect well on your game and whilst I appreciate matters need to be investigated properly, the screenshots I provided to CS were imo sufficient evidence to at least temporarily sandbox.  I'm aware of legitimate 550 players having been sandboxed for less!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This person might have 20+ tickets against them already and nothing done yet.  But as we all know cheating is not punished, it is allowed and in fact not dealt with when it is wide spread (see bouns hero exploit for proof).  I think they should just make cheating a new feature in the game. Heck you could even call this feature after some players.........Oh wait already done.  Darn. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:

In less than 24 hours, this player gained enough iso to level 5* Daredevil from lvl 351 to champion him and enough covers to level him to 476.

Questionable.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    2nd place is the new 1st place
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    tiomono said:
    capi121 said:
    I gave him an ocular pat-down and determined he wasn't a threat.
This discussion has been closed.