Event starts time Change Request

Options
2»

Comments

• MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Simplest solution (probably very easy to change/program)  Extend the ending time for the event by 2-3 hours.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I mean, you have 2 hours less to clear the final set of nodes, which has never made sense to me. 
  • MDsupa
    Options
    How about making the start and end time the same, but node recharge to 4 Hours with Maximum charges to 6 (or whatever it is currently)  so that people can finish the event way earlier than having to wait until 2AM (my time) to complete that last charge.  Everyone get the same amount of charges.  No one needs to rush in.  And anyone who wants to start late can finish all 6 charges couple hours before end of event and no one loose charges.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Again, the easiest solution is to simply pre-load all of the charges at the beginning and let everyone play them according to their personal schedules. 
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Again, the easiest solution is to simply pre-load all of the charges at the beginning and let everyone play them according to their personal schedules. 
    Maybe, but they want you logging in every two hours to collect those 1-card packs, so they want you opening the app more often. Makes sense for when they present data to their investors.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maybe, but they want you logging in every two hours to collect those 1-card packs, so they want you opening the app more often. Makes sense for when they present data to their investors.
    An alternative approach is a full day of charges every 24 hours with 14 hours to use them. This too lets people use at their pace yet logs them in every day of the event. 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Except that doesn't work.

When they had the 8 hour packs, I would regularly log in and claim 3 packs a day for 6 days a week, 2 packs on the final day.

Now that we have 2 hour packs, I don't bother logging in at all.  Unless of course I'm taking a washroom break at work, and fire up a TG match or play a charge in an event.  I feel liberated.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually never used to click on the free boosters because I hated going through an extra load screen to find the booster wasn't ready.

Now it's part of my work flow and I click it all the time. Different strokes I guess. 
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Steeme said:

Except that doesn't work.

When they had the 8 hour packs, I would regularly log in and claim 3 packs a day for 6 days a week, 2 packs on the final day.

Now that we have 2 hour packs, I don't bother logging in at all.  Unless of course I'm taking a washroom break at work, and fire up a TG match or play a charge in an event.  I feel liberated.

Me either. I usually play the game in big chunks of time then set  the game down for hours in between. This new schedule for boosters doesn't work with my play style. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Australia, Europe, East/West USA, South America, these are the timezones I've seen multiple representatives from. There are most likely others. Any solution needs to cover everyone in the world.

Anyone playing from Antartica?

Or Santa Claus?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wait... You remembered Antarctica and forgot Asia?

Usually it's the other way around. 
  • MDsupa
    Options
    Ok.. having to either stay past 2AM PST and plays 8 matches (2 events) or Getting up 6AM (or earlier..since you'll have to get ready for work too) to finish these 8 matches isn't something I'm not going to keep doing (i'm sure others have same issue).  

D3 @Brigby can we seriously consider revamping the schedule?  Many Good Suggestions in the thread here.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simplest way to revamp is to start each node of each event with 50% of the event's maximum charges, with each node able to fully hold 100% of the event's charges. This way, no one will ever miss any charges. And everyone, including late joiners can be equally competitive.

Late joiners, who hope to get easier brackets, will still be slightly and fairly disadvantaged though, since they have to rush to finish 2 or 3 days worth of stored charges in less than 1 day. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simplest way to revamp is to start each node of each event with 50% of the event's maximum charges, with each node able to fully hold 100% of the event's charges. This way, no one will ever miss any charges. And everyone, including late joiners can be equally competitive.

Late joiners, who hope to get easier brackets, will still be slightly and fairly disadvantaged though, since they have to rush to finish 2 or 3 days worth of stored charges in less than 1 day. 
    Except this doesn't solve the problem faced by those in the western United States where the last refresh happens at 2am and you have to use it by 8am. We typically miss the last one because of when it happens and the shortened window to use it.