Event starts time Change Request

Options
MDsupa
MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
I see that D3 has reverted the time back to original event starts time.  I liked the new start/end time.

Having to stay past 2AM PST to finish event (or getting up before 7AM and sitting there finishing nodes instead of getting ready for work)  especially on Weekdays isn't what I want to do for a Mobile game.

Can you please revert back? 

Or better yet.  How about having events starts based on Region?  Not all Bracket has to starts at the same time.  Marvel Puzzle Quest let you choose start times.

At this point I'd be happy if the event starts and end 2 hours earlier.

Thanks

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    The simplest fix seems to be to have the last recharge of the event be 16 hours before the end of the event, rather than 8. That way, everyone should have a fair chance at completing in time.
    The event currently ends only 6 hours after the last recharge currently. I'm also on Pacific Time and recognize the last node charge is at 2am which means I have to play my last charges on the train to work in the morning before 8am or miss them entirely.

I'm with the original poster that it would be good to have regionally based events. Making them by time zone might be a bit too sparsely populated for some groups giving them an unfair advantage, but they should know what region you live in based off the app you're using and could have separate event brackets for Europe, North America, East Asia, etc, and then calculate coalition leader boards once events have ended.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The previous times were terrible for me.  I'm glad they reverted back.

If we want to inform d3go in a representative way, then maybe a poll would be in order.

(I agree multiple timeslots would be best of all, but I'm not holding my breath for that.)
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well the previous times were so much better for me than the current/old time, and I hate that they reverted, so there's that.

I feel we should have stuck with it for more than a month, seeing as this current timing has been in use for over a year.

Cycle through the timings? 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in favor of timings cycling. Seems fair that way. 
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I hate cycling! its just screwing others based on where they happened to live
    bit racist if you ask me

lets face it.... regional events is too much for D3 not even sure if they could handle that

just hardcode it so the last charge is twice as long (12 maybe even 6+8 (14) hours)

last charge for me is 1am - 7am no chance for proper sleep with current schedule but why should I advocate to screw others by cycling just fix the last charge its an easy fix which Im pretty sure even D3 developers could handle

• Ohboy
    Options
    Lol don't disagree with the point on inconvenience.

But how is it racist? 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Racist?? Lol
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Racist?? Lol

Interesting word choice due to language barrier.  I would just substitute "discriminatory" instead.

As for event times, I think the best solution would be to skip both the first and last node refresh times.  Or why not even get rid of the max charges altogether?  Only makes sense for events with a variable boss HP end time.

• losdamianos
    edited September 2017
    Options
    intentional disadvantage for people who happen to live on certain timezone, racist is being used in the same fashion as using racist when you against certain religion(thats not racist, yet MSM is pushing it this as racist)
    Or should I say that D3 is deliberately discriminating Europeans ?? Would that be better ?
  • Steeme
    Options
    intentional disadvantage for people who happen to live on certain timezone, racist is being used in the same fashion as using racist when you against certain religion(thats not racist, yet MSM is pushing it this as racist)
    Or should I say that D3 is deliberately discriminating Europeans ?? Would that be better ?

Discriminatory is the correct term, but it actually has nothing to do with your physical region.

For example, I live in Toronto, but I wake up at night time, which makes my actual "timezone" more like Moscow time.

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    intentional disadvantage for people who happen to live on certain timezone
    Nobody thinks the aim behind d3's event time choices is to make the game harder for targeted groups of people...  Do they?
  • losdamianos
    edited September 2017
    Options
    OK, lets agree that current system puts at disadvantage Players from Europe who wake up in the morning and go to bed at night (Your average 9-5 Jo) it also affects everyone from Toronto who wakes up at the time equivalent to European Morning (sleep thru the last cycle)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Volrak said:
    intentional disadvantage for people who happen to live on certain timezone
    Nobody thinks the aim behind d3's event time choices is to make the game harder for targeted groups of people...  Do they?
    Quite the opposite. If they determine that more of their players are in one geographic region than any other, then they will cater the timing on the app to best suit their needs even if that means the majority of players existing anywhere else on the globe are at a detriment because of it. 

The current setup has the final node refreshing for people in the Eastern United States at 5am with the event ending at 11am giving them ample time in the morning to complete an event after waking up. Contrast that with the Western United States where the last refresh is at 2am and events ending at 8am and there's a definite disadvantage to living in one place over the other, but they probably determined there are more people playing in eastern/central time than people playing in mountain/pacific time.

However, there's no reason every player needs to play the same version of an event. The start, end, and refreshes can be tailored to each region based off the data from your App Store and what version of the app you're using. From there they can have events regionally custom for all time zones and once all instances of the event end, composite coalition scores from all users in a coalition to create a final leader board. 
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OK, lets agree that current system puts at disadvantage Players from Europe who wake up in the morning and go to bed at night (Your average 9-5 Jo) it also affects everyone from Toronto who wakes up at the time equivalent to European Morning (sleep thru the last cycle)
    The current times are perfectly suited for europe right now I' d say. The events end at 1700 (gmt +1 but afternoon-early evening for most europe)and last charge is added six hours before that.
    I play during my  lunchbreak at work for the last. And I have plenty of time at the start of an event at 1900 and on until I go to sleep. 
    Last cycle the event finished at 0700 (again gmt+1) with last charge added at 0100. So I had to go up 30 minutes earlier (0445) if I wanted to play the last charge.

I would guess many other regions say that this time cycle is bad for them atm.
    There are more suitable solutions to make more players satisified so we can just hope the new devs can do something to implement some of rhem.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was thinking they could charge a players account
    with that days charge at the beginning of each day
    the event runs. eg 8hr event starts with 3 charges
    and at the same time on subsequent days charge it
    up with 3 charges. this should allow all players to
    play regardless of time zone but still have some
    form of staggered effect whilst playing.

HH
  • Ohboy
    Options
    They should just set up several timings and rotate events through them.

For eg

This week:
    Time slot 1 - totp
    Time slot 2 - legacy event
    Time slot 3 - standard event

Next week:
    Time slot 1 - standard event
    Time slot 2 - totp
    Time slot 3 - legacy event

No one gets a permanent competitive advantage in terms of timing.
  • Steeme
    Options

I'd rather have a redesign of the charge system.

Why even have a cap on banked charges for an event that has a fixed number of matches and a fixed end time?  It only makes sense for the boss HP event.

• ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think so too, just get lost of the max limiter (or set it to 8) and the last charge, then start with one additional charge. Problem solved for the 24/32 matches events. Makes no difference where anyone lives then.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Especially with the PvE events that were former bosses and how fast one can progress through them the charges in PvP events seem a bit slow by comparison.