Character affiliations

Options
Smart80
Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
In my opinion, MPQ doesn't make enough use of the groups, but still there are a few uses like RnG4 with fellow GotG or Cap5/IM5 with their CW buddies.

I was wondering if anyone has a nice up-to-date overview of all groups and/or characters with their affiliations.

A second request is for the developers and/or moderators. Either make it much easier to see everybody's affiliation and/or communicate better if anything changes.. I mean, whoever normally scroll all the way to the end to check that Natasha joined Team Cap??
Tagged:

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow natasha changing to team cap is new.  I was just looking at the iron man cap affiliations
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Natasha is a former Soviet super spy, she changes affiliations like the rest of us change underwear.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I still think Team Affiliations should include more people that have been on the team for a short time and not just core members. So, for example, pick one of the Tony Starks and make him GOTG affiliated. She-Hulk and Medusa should be Fantastic 4 affiliated. And so on.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Affiliation boosts are something I think are really needed to encourage more variety of characters being played. Better boosts if all 3 characters are in the affiliation. Also, better boosts if the affiliations have a leader and you play the leader, i.e. cap, iron man, black bolt, star lord, etc...
  • Smart80
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Natasha is a former Soviet super spy, she changes affiliations like the rest of us change underwear.
    Ghehe. Maybe they could do something with that as well. Before you're in battle, you won't know her affiliation. Or even a 1% chance she will actually join the enemy team during battle? ;-)

Anywho.. any got working on a list? 

And @Brigby, can we be informed whenever anything changes regarding characters affiliations? Ty in advance
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, there's a lot of space for future development here, and I'm sure they are planning something bigger with team affiliations. I mean there is just to much potential here.

My only grief right now is that X-Men are not an affiliation. Wolverine, Iceman, Storm or others are just 'heroes'.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Well, there's a lot of space for future development here, and I'm sure they are planning something bigger with team affiliations. I mean there is just to much potential here.

My only grief right now is that X-Men are not an affiliation. Wolverine, Iceman, Storm or others are just 'heroes'.
    "What are these so-called 'X-Men' you refer to?"

-Marvel
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    New McG said:
    D4Ni13 said:

"What are these so-called 'X-Men' you refer to?"

-Marvel
    Me: "they're the better version of Inhumans" ... [ Runs away faster than Bolt... ]

Joking aside, I still hope they get the X-Men rights sooner rather than later. While Inhumans are nice and have some cool characters, X-Men are vintage and most of use grew up with them. Hard to beat that. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I still think Team Affiliations should include more people that have been on the team for a short time and not just core members. So, for example, pick one of the Tony Starks and make him GOTG affiliated. She-Hulk and Medusa should be Fantastic 4 affiliated. And so on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that make 1/3 (just a guess, someone with better comic knowledge would be able to correct me) of the current available characters affiliated to Fantastic Four? I'm not complaining if Medusa is considered a member of Fantastic Four, Carnage Medusa Mr F just got a boost.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/463083-fantastic-four-members-the-full-roster#/slide/1

It would be quite a lot. Probably the one you could leave out is Hulk as MPQ doesn't have his gray version.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Other teams you could have

The Illuminati – Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Black Bolt, Mr. Fantastic, Professor X (Not sure if Black Panther counts).

That actually could be a boss event ala Sinister Syndicate when I think about it. Hulk would need to be boosted for that one. :)

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WTB some non blue/red characters for Team Iron Man please!

All of his would be good partners seem to be on Team Cap.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A front page icon denoting affiliations would be a nice QoL improvement.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Joking aside, I still hope they get the X-Men rights sooner rather than later. While Inhumans are nice and have some cool characters, X-Men are vintage and most of use grew up with them. Hard to beat that. 
    Marvel has the rights to do whatever they want with the X-Men outside of film and television. They always have. As far as I know, Marvel hasn't entered into any exclusive agreements with any video game developers.

As for how they could develop better uses for affiliations, there been a lot of good ideas over the years. I made some suggestions very recently.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:

Me: "they're the better version of Inhumans" ... [ Runs away faster than Bolt... ]

Funny that you mention that...  The X-men predate the Inhumans by less than 2 years.  If you grew up on X-men, you also grew up on Inhumans. :)
  • Smart80
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    As for how they could develop better uses for affiliations, there been a lot of good ideas over the years. I made some suggestions very recently.
    Sorry, did not find your topic on affiliation search. Some cool ideas.
    Did you by any chance make a nice list of everyones affiliations? ;-)
  • Dormammu
    Options
    No, sorry!  ;)
  • Smart80
    Options
    Again a change in affiliation that didnt get any attention: Spider-verse
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *If you would like to discuss new character affiliations, please continue the thread here: Updates to Character Affiliations
This discussion has been closed.