Passive Team Affiliation Bonuses

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
This has been brought up before but maybe if it gets brought up enough it's something the developers might look closer at. I love how team affiliations have slowly been working their way into active powers but it would be so wonderful if there were more benefits to it. It doesn't have to be anything game-breaking and could be something very minor. It would add another layer to team building and might cut down on 9 out of 10 SHIELD sim teams being Medusa/Carnage/Blade.

Here are some rough ideas/examples. If all members of your team share the same team affiliation the following effects occur:

Avengers: +2 team-up AP at the start of the match
The list of people who have been Avengers is long and varied. They can call on a variety of friends to help them out when the going gets tough.

Fantastic Four: +1 all AP at the start of the match
Reed Richard's brilliance and array of gizmos helps put his team in the best position for success. (This affiliation could be fleshed out a bit with the addition of She-Hulk, Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine.)

X-Men: Strike Tiles are 10-20% stronger
The X-Men are a quick strike team, which you have to be when you're a gang of outlaw mutants. (Enough X-Men generate strike tiles to makes this worthwhile - Logan, Chuck, Jean, Hank...)

Guardians of the Galaxy: +2 AP in strongest color at the start of the match
They're outcasts and losers as individuals, but together they're a family and can accomplish anything.

Sinister Six: +10% match damage
Spider-Man's greatest foes are dangerous to other people, too.

Villains: Any team-ups that share the Villain affiliation cost 2 AP less
You meet a lot of potential allies when locked away in The Vault, plotting your revenge...

Team Cap: Defense tiles are 10-20% stronger
Captain America diligently protects his friends.

Team Iron Man: +2 Red AP
Let's throw a little fire engine red in there...

Spider-verse: Two web tiles are added to random tiles at the beginning of the match
Spiders shoot webs.

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed. Passive bonuses for stuff like this in other Marvel games have kept me from just picking my strongest mismash of characters, or some ultimate combo team, and never touching anything else.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Neat idea.

Could occupy a team-up slot, if the opportunity cost is otherwise too low. (which would mimic a boost in some cases, I guess, except not be limited quantity?)

Would definitely make designing new characters somewhat more difficult, as it presents yet another way to get a boost to an already absurd team.
  • thatgyemartin
    thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Giving this thread a bump. I was just thinking about something along these lines. The release of Shuri got me thinking that there should be a synergy between Shuri and Black Panther; perhaps for example +15% match damage when you use them together and I agree with the above mentioned suggestions as possible boosts for using teammates together.