SURPRISE!! Here is 10,500 free ISO from MPQ

2»

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I am thankful to receive the extra Iso, it would have been nice to have had an official response from the devs. In the bugs forum, which was within the day marked as "Solved," it was said that the extra difficulty was a result of the SCL scaling changes.

However, when it was pointed out that it was 17 matches no matter the SCL, silence...  Then a bunch of Iso falls into our laps unannounced.  I'll take it, but stepping up and admitting a mistake is not weakness, it's the right thing to do.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is anyone surprised by the Tacit admission of a bug?  It was pretty clear that they didn't test how Kaecillius's damage mechanic would work in a flat scaling environment.

It was never the designer's intent to have the Kaecillius battle function the way it did.  It was an example of bad boss design and not really a statement on the puzzle challenge of the game.

If they had really wanted a longer boss match, they could have done a lot of different things to get the same effect with out all the tedium.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Yep, im one of the people who got nothing as well, only reinforces my decisions lately...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Maybe the trigger for the "facing him reward" was that you had to inflict a certain amount of damage before you were defeated? Otherwise it makes no sense why those who fought but didn't win got nothng at all.
    I fought and won and got nothing at all.  Except the win rewards, of course.

I'll have to check my news history.  Maybe it scrolled by in one of the event reward or intercept notifications and I just tapped through it.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I like the iso, but I hope this is not going to negatively affect the difficulty of future events. I liked this one because it required me to think rather than brute force it.

I played and beat him at SCL 8 with a 4* transition roster. If I can do that, there's no reason that other people can't if they are in the right SCL.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Calnexin said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Maybe the trigger for the "facing him reward" was that you had to inflict a certain amount of damage before you were defeated? Otherwise it makes no sense why those who fought but didn't win got nothng at all.
    I fought and won and got nothing at all.  Except the win rewards, of course.

I'll have to check my news history.  Maybe it scrolled by in one of the event reward or intercept notifications and I just tapped through it.
    They came through on their own pop-ups for me - no way to miss it. Now that the LockJaw notification is there, I can't see anything else in the news history.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope didn't get it but then again I didn't play the event so that makes sense.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Didn't find the boss fight too hard, just overly tedious.

Nevertheless, 10.5k iso is always nice to have, so thanks to the devs.

Yeah that was my stance too. Strike tiles did too little damage for my liking. Made the boss take a big longer than it needed to.
    I'd say either increase their match damage or decrease the damage his black does. And...maybe stop him making matches? Dunno...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I was wondering if they had made a formal announcement.  In the absence of that, yes, I would definitely say this was a tacit admission that Kaecillius was harder than they intended.

I used Coulson, Hawkeye, and Mr. F.  Hawkeye was there to continuously generate AP for Coulson and Mr. F - I used the red for CDs, the blue for Mr. F's tile swaps, and purple for Coulson's tile swaps.  Black and Yellow were also there just to generate AP with Coulson and Hawkeye.  After a few turns I could pretty much always match the strike tile, but it was tedious.

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    My complaint about this is not the reward itself, but that because there was a perceived issue with Kaecilieus, lots of us didn't play beyond the first time, so we didn't get the rest of the rewards if they would have fixed it in the first place or tested the issue instead of just putting it out there and saying it was fine and scaled properly to the SCL.
  • Riguez
    Riguez Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I beat him all the three times (first two times on my first try, not sure why the third time I needed like 3 tries) and I got absolutely nothing... and if I did, I just tapped through it and didn't notice