SURPRISE!! Here is 10,500 free ISO from MPQ

champg0951
champg0951 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
I wasn't complaining about the Strange Sights event and how much harder the Boss Fight was. Actually, I rather enjoyed the challenge on SCL8! (Finished T10/No champed 5*s). So, to my surprise when I log in later in the day today, I get pop ups saying here's some free ISO. 

Did everyone get this is my question and second, what did you think of the Strange Sights PVE?

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it earlier. Was pleasantly surprised.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Got it. Well appreciated! Especially since I didn't really have that much more trouble than usual anyway. I'll take iso over tokens any day.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn't complaining about the Strange Sights event and how much harder the Boss Fight was. Actually, I rather enjoyed the challenge on SCL8! (Finished T10/No champed 5*s). So, to my surprise when I log in later in the day today, I get pop ups saying here's some free ISO. 

Did everyone get this is my question and second, what did you think of the Strange Sights PVE?
    Same here on all accounts. Top 5, CL8, no 5 over 255.  Used Medusa/Carnage/Coulson and went 3-0 against K with no casualties.  Very happy to get the iso as that is my biggest need right now. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost my first two matches against him but won the next three when I changed it up with Coulson, Switch and Hawkguy. Leveled up my Peggy with the iso. Sorry, Mordo, you'll have to wait.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach got 10,500, Wolveroach only 7,000. The only real difference was that Moon Roach got full progression.  Both accounts beat Special K the same number of times.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Cynic that I am, here's my read. I expect their metrics showed significantly fewer people beating Kaecillius than in the last few runs of Strange Sights. This smells like a tacit admissions that they went a bit overboard with the difficulty change and that a big enough part of the player base missed out on the 3.5k ISO for each fight that they think they need to make it up to everyone. There's seldom any admission that mistakes have been made so I expect that if there is an announcement it will be that this is a gift to thank players for their support, there will be no mea culpa. 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I only beat him once, in the first round. Still got the ISO though.

I thought the boss fight was a bit hard, but I'm not complaining, since I got to max progression and top 50 without it. Some like a challenge, others don't. Those that do, should have something to challenge them. The rest have the option not to join the fight and play the easier battles.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Didn't find the boss fight too hard, just overly tedious.

Nevertheless, 10.5k iso is always nice to have, so thanks to the devs.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very pleasant surprise as I went 3-0 as well :)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Since it was significantly more challenging only fair play they upped the reward for it. This was no minor tweak after all. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very nice surprise. As for boss battle - Coulson, Quicksilver and Patch got it done for me, think I maybe lost once when I tried using 4 star Elektra instead of Coulson.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is everyone who got this bonus in SCL8?  I stuck to 7 and have not seen any such bonus.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it! Thanks for this!! I found the battles with K long and challenging but not impossible. I used OML, Mr. F and Medusa.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL7 here, and I did receive the 10,500 bonus ISO. The fight was a tough (and close) one, but I managed it with Coulson/Quicksilver/4Blade each time. 
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I got it, and was in 7. My start was later and I saw the complaints on the forum so dropped down an SCL. He was a hard fight, but still went 3-0 on him because I was prepared to move tiles (or spam defense, which worked fight 1). 

In each case my teams slid in sideways, smoking on their health, but they got the job done!

--Khanwulf
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I got 3.5K ISO first, then a few minutes later the other 7K. I was in SCL8, and lost my first match because I chose a bad team. Once I found one that worked, I beat him 3 times; it just took much longer than any other match normally would. I *think* I usually lost at least one teammate in each match.  I've slept since then, so my memory is a little fuzzy.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Big ups for this one. I am curious if this means his difficulty will be adjusted next run, or if he'll be equally hard but award 7k ISO for each win. I kinda hope it's the latter, honestly.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    It seems you only got the reward if you beat him. Presumably this means not that the bar was set too high but that the rewards for clearing the bar were set too low. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went 3-0 against the big K in SCL 7 and logged in last night to 2 rewards - one for facing him, one for defeating him.

I had the advantage of playing in slice 4 so I heard a lot of discussion regarding his difficulty on these forums before I had to fight him, giving me the foresight to bring a healer (Medusa) along with Patch and Quicksilver. Without Medusa I don't think I would have done as well and without the forums I probably would have brought Elektra instead, like the last time Strange Sights was played.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe the trigger for the "facing him reward" was that you had to inflict a certain amount of damage before you were defeated? Otherwise it makes no sense why those who fought but didn't win got nothng at all.