The Deadliest Woman... Success Stories?

2»

Comments

• WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Pulled it off by accident tonight doing my 5th clear of the 2nd sub Sandman required node in DPvMPQ. As you all likely know, this is that godawful node with Ultron/Doc Ock/Carnage.

My Sandman is 0/1/1, and I feel like Carnage and Doc Ock's presence demands my 2/1/4 Medusa. Since G4mora is boosted I brought her (3/1/3) along as the 3rd.

Carnage got off a Symbiotic Scythes fairly early in the match, and I was having a rough time getting Medusa to heal/eliminating enough enemy strike tiles. Eventually I downed Ultron, then a while later finally got off a second Hair Mettle, stealing and buffing enough tiles to make short work of Doc Ock.

Full health Carnage moves to the front, and I'm still a bit on edge as whether I'll be able to survive another Symbiotic Scythes. Lo and behold, without any intention or realization of what was coming, he makes a match, and the next thing I know, G4mora's flying across my screen. Amazeballs.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I tried running 4* Gamora with Ant-Man but was only moderately successful getting her insta-kill to fire.  I found her more useful ignoring it completely and pairing her with Professor X, which is a special tile-palooza.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a good one this morning. Final goon of a wave node had about 500 health left. I fire her black, which covered all the purple tiles. I make my move, and no new purple tiles fall into place. 

The final wave populates: Hood, Muscle, Don. I was hoping that no purple tiles would fall in after Hood's match, but then the most glorious thing happened: Since I had finished the goon off with a simple match, the attack tiles hadn't processed. With all the strikes and attacks I had on the board, it was enough to take out Hood. And since it was only two goons left, no tiles were moved. Full-health Muscle rotated to the front, and G4mora promptly laid him down for a dirt nap. 
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    This has got me wondering the following:
    1) Would it trigger if there were no purple tiles on the board?
    2) Would it trigger against PVE bosses that don't take damage, e.g., Doc Ock in the Sinister Six event or Kaecilus (spelling?)?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure someone tried it when she first came out and it didn't work if there was no purple at all. Not sure on the others. Can you take them down with Whales? If so, this might work, too.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Managed to pop it multiple times per wave match while running with boosted 3* Bullseye in PVE. Used the first few guys to pop Bullseye's passive multiple times and fill up the board with strikes. Get Gamora's passive, kill the next guy with Bullseye to fill purple with strikes again. Rinse and repeat. Highest record I have is 4 times in a single wave match.

Another reason why 3* Bullseye is one of my favourite characters
  • Swish
    Swish Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    For the Loki PVP, I left a purple match-4 for the AI at the start of the match.  They hit it (of course), my Loki puts out 2 purple CD tiles - because that was all the purple left on the board. It switches to my turn, and instakill before I make another move. Unfortunately, it was just Loki, not one of the big hitters, but it was awesome anway!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    As a side note heroes like IM40 that stun themselves will also give you special tiles. 

I play her very often with R&G and Medusa and when there are 2 enemies left if you stun and then activate black, you have a great chance of getting her passive. 

The best result is by far when the enemy himself gets rid of the last basic purple tile. My highest kill was Thanos with 32k HP. It was great both game wise, both thematic wise. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    The best result is by far when the enemy himself gets rid of the last basic purple tile. My highest kill was Thanos with 32k HP. It was great both game wise, both thematic wise. 
    I just had Cyclops off himself like that in the nasty 4* Required Node in Spirits of Vengeance. It was particularly awesome because, up until that point, I'd actually been losing pretty soundly, but that turned it around.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    In the bullseye required nodes in current pve (wave nodes), brought g4mora and r4g (both unboosted) and bullseye tanks multiple colors, triggering his black multiple times per wave. So far I have managed 4 deadliest woman in one run, with at least one trigger per clear.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    Rocket & Groot, Gamora and Medusa. Against low-health goons tho, but here's what happened:
    Rocket & Groot placed their strike tiles at the start of the battle like they are supposed to. These made every purple tile on the board into a special tile. Gamora starts the battle by downing a goon. 
    Funny, i thought passive did not work your first turn.......hmm.