2»

Comments

• cheshyre
    cheshyre Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Hardly ever use. I generally don't remember they are there  :D 
    Ditto, and same with the boosts.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I use them all the time, there is no reason not to.  It's not like they are a limited commodity, you can request them as often as you like.  As others have said, boosted 4's are amazing as team ups.  I will specifically request the boosted 4 from my guild mates during their events and it makes some of them go so much faster.  I don't actively seek out team up AP, but we have all been in that situation where you end up with like 12 team up AP on like your 2nd or 3rd turn.  Might as well have a Gamora or Luke Cage one shot someone and possibly save you some health packs.

It also gives your guild mates EXP when you request, which helps you out as well.  The more powerful your guild mates are, the higher your guild can rank, the better rewards you get. 

And finally, some team ups are just AWESOME.  Black Widow comes to mind.  Others I really like are Carol's black.  Before I had her champed, that was all I asked people to send me.  Cheap, lots of strike tiles which everyone can use, and a fortified tile that nukes?  One of my favs.  Agent Venom's yellow is also great in most situations even when he isn't boosted.  AOE damage, and it makes your entire team invisible for 3 or 4 turns, that is crazy good, AND it means you don't have to bring your own AV.  Medusa can be good too.  You know you will always get her purple since it is her only active power, and if you are fighting a team that pumps out special tiles, you don't have to plan your team around it, you can just take the team up. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I rarely use them. Mostly for emergencies. I will occasionally go through and throw away junk ones and ask for new ones but that's more for my alliancemates to get xp. 

I use boosts more than teacups but still not all that much. Mostly for low level CotT & PvP matches where I know I'm going in outmatched. 

Ah, the joys of autocorrect.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't game plan for them, but I try to have some that hit hard in case I need them. Also never hurts to have a few Whales you can drop on a PvP mismatch for a lot of points.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Use them all the time. Delete 90% of TUs received from AI. Keep the ones from alliance or delete weaker ones. Even if I don't use them, my alliance mates receive XP for giving them. Win-win.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I usually use TU after the AI has used theirs, regularly a super-annoying on for the characters I bring in, and remembering they exist. The only time I use TU a lot is in DDQ, for the 2* node, as I am regularly selling 2*, sometimes only have 1 high level one for a few days.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "In case of emergency, break team-up."

I'll periodically clear some out and send a team-up request so my alliance mates can get XP. But as far as actually using them, it means **** went sideways in the most spectacular way. Or, occasionally, in PVP when I need one more win to reach a progression reward and have precisely zero time for tiny felines.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't used to.  While I was primarily a 3* player the teamups didn't seem all that effective, except for whales.  Since a lot of my alliance can now offer 4* champs, they're far more useful.  Carol's black will still kick out 12k worth of damage, Spiderwoman's purple tile negator can be a real life-saver, and a 15k punch from Iron Fist is nothing to sneeze at.  I don't generally go out of my way to manage my TUs unless I'm trying to whale a 70 point PvP match.  I just delete the bad ones and let the AI decide between what's left.  If the board isn't cooperating with whatever strategy I was using I'll check what's available and use them.

Particularly when the opponent has gotten one of those hideous minute-long cascades, TUs can save a match.  One solid nuke might be all you need to turn a loss into a win.
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I can easily forget about them but I try not to. I normally don't claim any that come up after a victory so I can ask for some. I have two reasons for this:
    1. I get really good ones from the alliance.
    2. It's free XP (and a gob of iso when you level up) for those who donate.

I don't know why it's not made a practice in all alliances with players that are still leveling. 35+k iso is a nice chunk of iso. 
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Knaaks said:
     As others have said, boosted 4's are amazing as team ups.  I will specifically request the boosted 4 from my guild mates during their events and it makes some of them go so much faster. 
    You hit the nail on the head. The problem with team-ups is that you have to remember to delete all the Yelena and Bullseye TU's from your inventory so you can request the good stuff from your alliance. 

I'm going to go do that right now. Knaaks, feel free to send me whatever gives you the most XP.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use them pretty freely as well. They are a good extra asset, I think a lot of players tend to underestimate the extra power TU's can bring and ignore them too easily.

Knaaks said:
    I use them all the time, there is no reason not to.  It's not like they are a limited commodity, you can request them as often as you like. 
    Actually, you can only request them once every few hours. Can't remember the exact number, but you'll get a message saying so if you're too soon.

RedLion said:
    You hit the nail on the head. The problem with team-ups is that you have to remember to delete all the Yelena and Bullseye TU's from your inventory so you can request the good stuff from your alliance.

Actually, Yelena's black power is a nice TU at times! Turning enemy special tiles into criticals... Which can deal a lot of damage, especially if your team has 5*s.

I also sometimes keep around Bullseye TUs. His black power is expensive but will place critical tiles too. And his green power is a good utility power with targeted tile destruction, provided it's not too lowly covered (with too few covers it doesn't target enough tiles to be worth it usually).
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    As others have said, stings are the only ones I use regularly, and that's in an emergency: if an opponent is about to unleash a big AOE or I might lose a match. Other than that I keep a few around situationally (Mordo purple, XFW black etc)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I treat team-ups as a bonus. On the priority list of what I'm looking to match, team-up tiles are very low priority. I seek out the colors that will fuel my team's powers first (obviously) but if there are none of those matches available I will go for team-up AP. Depending on how much of a rainbow my team covers determines if and when this will happen. At that point, if I manage to get enough AP from matching or random cascades I'll use a team-up - why not? They're free and readily available.

I usually bring 3 different team-ups. One nuke, one AoE, and one 'other' (stun, AP generator, etc) to give me the most flexibility when the moment of bonus comes. The game does a good job of remembering and carrying over the TU selections so this requires little management.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I miss environmental tiles :)