Anyone Else Not Use Team-Ups?

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
Just curious.  I imagine I am missing out on something but I don't give two thoughts to team-ups and rarely use them.  Maybe I'm the only person playing this game that rarely uses them but was just curious.

Comments

• grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I rarely use them unless something very bad has happened.  I also rarely use boosts... mine are almost always at 30.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll use a 1* BW every now and then when Thanos gets a green down where I can't reach it, but otherwise I don't bother.  It would have to be an "in an emergency, break glass" kind of moment.

If you use Panthos, then you don't want to waste your team-up AP on an actual team-up, when Panther's yellow does more damage than any team-up out there.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rarely use them. Mostly for emergencies. I will occasionally go through and throw away junk ones and ask for new ones but that's more for my alliancemates to get xp. 

I use boosts more than teacups but still not all that much. Mostly for low level CotT & PvP matches where I know I'm going in outmatched. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    rarely. if things go sideways and i have one than can pull a win from a defeat i'll use it.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Orion said:
    If you use Panthos, then you don't want to waste your team-up AP on an actual team-up, when Panther's yellow does more damage than any team-up out there.
    This is simply not true. With a champ 5* roster, the best offensive use for TU AP are boosted 4* nukes. A lvl 370 (boosted to 479) Whiteout, Buncha Fiddle-Faddle or Power with Purpose deals more damage per AP, often allowing to one-shot a champ 5*.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    I'll use a 1* BW every now and then when Thanos gets a green down where I can't reach it, but otherwise I don't bother.  It would have to be an "in an emergency, break glass" kind of moment.

You need better TUs,  4 star TU boosted to 477 are insane
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rarely used tu until recently. Now that I champed my first 5, I try to have a boosted 4* tu, as others mentioned at 479 they can mostly one shot a 5* character. As I am now matched with mostly single champ 5 teams and sometimes dual champ 5 teams, I like any tu that one shots a 5*
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Love boosts, only use TUs if I am out of boosts or I have one ready with no other plays. Great  TU are like potions in an RPG,  might need this super nuke far more down the road and never use it.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Use deadpool whales on unwinnable matches. I collect points in DDQ and it is a lifesaver sometimes
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Unless panther's spirit buddies steal them ;)
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    If I'm checking the Team-Up tab during a match it usually means something has gone very, very wrong...
    I used to use Whales, Retribution and Penance Stare for the later rounds of boss events, but as my roster has progressed I don't even use those anymore.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use them occasionally. I honestly use them more so I can send out team-up requests to get my alliance members some extra XP.

Team-ups could use a revamp. I think it would be cool if some powers were only available as team-ups. Maybe a way to streamline characters (so 3* Cap could give one team-up power that isn't exactly like any of his 3 powers, so you always know what team-up you'll get, and never have to worry about which color you get or send), and as a way to provide team-ups to characters that don't naturally have them (like Ant-Man). Then you could use team-ups as ways to sneak in extras. Like, if Mantis never gets a full character in the GotG, she could still get a team-up. Maybe you could do that for Sharon Carter, or WWII Peggy. Hank Pym is absent from the game, and has a dozen identities he could be added under, so maybe team-ups give you options of other ones (like if they added a 4* Yellowjacket or Goliath Hank Pym, you could still have an "Ant-Man Pym" team-up option, without having to give him a full variant). Or even support characters like Jarvis or generic ones like "Shield Agents", people that might not go full toe-to-toe with supers, but could still provide support in a fight in their own way.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like to keep a few on hand, just for emergencies, but I rarely use them. The main ones I use are stuns, because a few of my best teams don't have a stunner (and even when they do, it's sometimes nice to have one that's a different "colour" for when I get starved on that AP), board shakes (usually have a couple of Juggy teamups from Lightning Rounds on hand), and things that will remove Special Tiles without matching them, which can be super handy against Medusa.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man I have teamups that are probably six months old or older that I still haven't used. I'll take a teamup with me if I'm going into a hard node or for a tough pvp match but I'll mostly just rely on boosts like extra reds for a Bl4de vs Bl4de match. I did use one or two on those mindless ones when an eye beam was about to go off.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I have a mild addiction to 1* Widow blue team-ups for PvP. I generally take at least one with me, two if I'm up against Cage. I don't always use them, but, like my towel, I feel it's important to know where they are.

I can't remember the last time I used a team-up in PvE, though.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I don't actively pre-select them, I just take what's randomly assigned, though I only accept useful team-ups. If I get in a pinch I'll see if I have one available that'll help me out at that time.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Man I have teamups that are probably six months old or older that I still haven't used. I'll take a teamup with me if I'm going into a hard node or for a tough pvp match but I'll mostly just rely on boosts like extra reds for a Bl4de vs Bl4de match. I did use one or two on those mindless ones when an eye beam was about to go off.
    I think I still have the original TU they have when they were implemented. A level 200 Avengers Assemble if I remember correctly...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    1* BW is awesome but i find myself using them less Unless you have a great 4* Boosted and you can end the match quickly. 4* Cage was doing almost 60K damage when Boosted.  This is for pvp. For pve almost never.  I might boost damage if I know the animations are getting long and need to make up time on a clear. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I usually forget they exist, then I'll see the white bars flashing after I cascade into some TU power and it's like "well, I guess I might as well fire this."

I will occasionally plan to use a 1* Widow stun or retaliate on champed 5*s with a Whales teamup, but for the most part they go unused or get fired just 'cause.

The only ones I actively seek out and delete are the ones won from PVE, and underleveled 5*s. The latter give the sender lots of XP, but a 275 Phoenix red is so hilariously weak that I can't stand having it around.
  • Power_Stryke
    Power_Stryke Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Hardly ever use. I generally don't remember they are there  :D