Healing is a Sin?

So is it true that healing raises mmr?

Can someone elaborate on this?

Is it just pve mmr?

Thanks

Comments

• Part of your PvE scaling is determined by the damage you take in a match. So, if you are coming out of a match fully-healed, the game assumes you need a bigger challenge.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Part of your PvE scaling is determined by the damage you take in a match. So, if you are coming out of a match fully-healed, the game assumes you need a bigger challenge.

This.

stupid-gifs-6.gif
  • It is indeed rather stupid.
  • Twysta wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Part of your PvE scaling is determined by the damage you take in a match. So, if you are coming out of a match fully-healed, the game assumes you need a bigger challenge.

This.
    Is this accurate? I was under the impression that if you come out of a match at the same health you went in, that would also count towards scaling (i.e. you essentially took no damage).

A small difference if accurate, but it means you can't go in at 75% health and come out roughly the same.

For what it's worth, for easier matches or ones that I outclass completely, I arrange overlap in my colors and bring in a stooge to tank the last color and let him get pummeled to death. Not sure how much it helps, but I place in the 2-cover range in the individual rewards practically every event and my scaling rarely hits 300+ (it did for the final 2 days of the Hunt; currently sitting in the 80-110 levels in hard mode).
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Gapsule wrote:
    Is it just pve mmr?

This is what I want to know. I actively avoid healing in PVE if I can help it to keep my scaling down but I generally heal as much as possible at the end of a PVP event but I'm under the impression that it doesn't affect my MMR.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    The biggest issue with this that I see isn't even in the healing sense. For the all goon nodes at the higher levels you're either coming out of the fight at full health or your whole teams dead. Doesn't mean you need an even bigger challenge on other nodes such as ones with heroes actively attacking you.
  • Does prologue healing count towards your PvE MMR? I know it's kinda stupid to ask but I don't know much about healing. I only got OBW to a suitable level for healing during the Hunt. It definitely seems like a sin to me. I never had lvl 120 enemies in PvE on the first node. I'm being punished for something I didn't know was a sin. Why bother putting a healing ability if you don't want people to use it? It's very frustrating 'cause sometimes I'd have to use Anti-Gravity Device to increase CD that are about to go off. Sometimes I just take the damage in fear of scaling adding 10 more levels to a node that I'm already having a hard time defeating.
  • Does prologue healing count towards your PvE MMR?
    Yes, as does PvP healing. Ice has said that it's pretty easy for the system to realize that you finish a node in a given event at not-max health, then a few minutes later enter a node in the event at full health, but you didn't use any health packs. Ergo, it assumes you healed elsewhere and scales you up.

Edit: This post is wrong. Demiurge_Will corrects me further in the thread, but stated here for those who only skim threads.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using legitimate tactic to maximise the amount of time you can spend playing is the work of Lucifer.

Also do not prevent the opposition taking a turn by stun locking or tying up the board even if it means certain death and you have no health packs left. Doing this will result in a critical tile leaping from your screen and beating you in the face with a wet hadock.

However purchase health packs and all will be forgiven and you can play for as long as your wallet will allow without any fear of retribution.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Does prologue healing count towards your PvE MMR?
    Yes, as does PvP healing. Ice has said that it's pretty easy for the system to realize that you finish a node in a given event at not-max health, then a few minutes later enter a node in the event at full health, but you didn't use any health packs. Ergo, it assumes you healed elsewhere and scales you up.

This tinikitty again -- do we finally have any kind of confirmation or everyone just mindlessly repeat the rumor over and over?
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Riggy wrote:

This is not the case. Sorry if there was a confusing post previously.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    edited May 2014
    Riggy wrote:

Would you care to elaborate? It would be nice to actually know how in game healing is affecting us.
  • Riggy wrote:

But what IS the case?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Ice specifically stated that is does affect scaling slightly if prologue healing is done right after/before PVE, is that not true?

Here is Ice's post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4442&p=73500&hilit=+prologue#p73500
  • Riggy wrote:

Clarification question. PvP healing does not count, prologue healing does not count, or neither? Was unclear which quote you were responding to. Thanks for jumping in on this!
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    I thought that is has always been the case that prologue healing never counted- I remember the post where IceIX said that it would be easy to do (which just implies that it wasn't implemented.)
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    kidicarus wrote:
    I thought that is has always been the case that prologue healing never counted- I remember the post where IceIX said that it would be easy to do (which just implies that it wasn't implemented.)
    This. That was my understanding as well.

In fact, I have healed many times in Prologue missions during the final hours of the first subs ending and kept checking on Sim05 opponent levels. They have never increased.
  • Thanks to Rajjeq for digging up Ice's old post that I was referencing. However, I'm with WYP - Will, your answer was ambiguous. Any clarification would be appreciated.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Riggy wrote:
    Thanks to Rajjeq for digging up Ice's old post that I was referencing. However, I'm with WYP - Will, your answer was ambiguous. Any clarification would be appreciated.
    Yeah, this morning I went out of my way to avoid healing in the prologue, which meant entering my final fights with half-dead characters because I was out of health packs. I'd ask for even more clarification on the scaling algorithm, but I know we won't get that icon_e_wink.gif
  • If that's the case I'm ****... I have this little obsession of coming out of a match(no matter how risky prolonging the battle is) with full health every time I use a healer.