5* customer service complaint

Options
2»

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's no point to the special release store if doesn't focus on the new release 5* and yet you still run the risk of d3 refusing cover swaps. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    and yet they'll swear up and down here that they 'know the pain of having to waste 4/5* covers'. yet here we are, still, without a means of fairly exchanging unusable 6th + covers.

this still remains, imo, the biggest drawback in the game.
    A free to play game WANTS you to waste resources, because you'll either spend to circumvent the problem, or at least those resources won't go towards progressing in the game (once you run out of progression, there's no reason to spend, so they never want you to reach the finish line, if they can help it).

The only reason we have covers exchanged is because the system isn't perfectly balanced, and players are being discouraged more than they're being encouraged to spend. (the real proof that the system isn't perfect is that we have to go outside the game to CS to take care of it, which is a patch more than a fix)

The reality is, as nice as things like "colorless covers" and "an easy way to exchange duplicates" sound, they aren't good for the business model, because they make it too easy to advance without wasting resources, which would reduce spending.
  • ZamWiesel
    ZamWiesel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is why 5* covers should never expire. You could keep them pending until the day they become useful. Then there is no wasted covers and no need to swap. You'd just have to be patient until you get the 5* fully covered.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    A free to play game WANTS you to waste resources, because you'll either spend to circumvent the problem, or at least those resources won't go towards progressing in the game (once you run out of progression, there's no reason to spend, so they never want you to reach the finish line, if they can help it).
    Or, the player gets fed up and quits.
    My older brother, who had been playing since the launch of the game, more or less quit because of this.

Remember when they gave a free 5-Star cover during the OML nerf?
    He had only ONE POWER out of ALL of his 5-Star characters at 5 covers (Phoenix Green).  Guess what cover & color he pulled?

He tried to ask CS if they would switch (ANYTHING ELSE would have been useful for him), and was denied, so as a result he's barely logged in since then, and not once in the past few weeks.

Just another way this game punishes and disincentivizes top end players for claiming rewards.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    and yet they'll swear up and down here that they 'know the pain of having to waste 4/5* covers'. yet here we are, still, without a means of fairly exchanging unusable 6th + covers.

this still remains, imo, the biggest drawback in the game.
    Acknowledging our pain is not the same as acknowledging the need for an immediate solution. I can acknowledge that it must be hard to buy a lotto ticket every week and never win without crying for a way to exchange one's lotto ticket for another with better numbers. 

While I can only speculate, I must assume that what they are doing is working out a solution to improve the experience for players in the middle of an extremely unlikely and undesirable streak without completely compromising their carefully designed and forecasted 5* drop rates and expected pulls to complete.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So far I have pulled 8 black Green Goblins..meaning I had to sell 3 of them while still not having a complete GG.
    When I pulled the 7th I messaged CC....of course all I got was an explanation what probabilities are and that that's just the way it is. Thanks for nothing, I guess.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given the rarity of 5* covers in the first place, they should automatically become colourless once you have 5 covers in a particular colour, wasting lower levels covers is bad enough, but losing out on 5*s is unacceptable on their part.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The current handling of 5 classic* dupes in the game suggests to me how detached the developers are from the experience of the playerbase. 

To even get a 5* cover entails a lot of sustained play and then you have to beat the vagaries of the RNG to see purple for the right character which is becoming more difficult with each release.

To then find consistently after getting through these hurdles which has probably taken quite a time that you have drawn the same unusable cover for the 6th time is pretty soul destroying.

I really think the developers just do not get this as they are not actual players of the game. Otherwise they would maybe understand the frustration experienced by their players.

Edit remove typo
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 0/5/5 Thanos and 0/5/3 Green Goblin weep every time I pull a cover for them..... Their black powers still elude me.....
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Um isn't this the point of card collecting?  That it is hard to get everything by yourself?

That part of the system is actually OK or matches actual card collecting.  

The problem is that trading isn't allowed.  That is what makes card collecting work.  They don't want to allow that because it would cost them money, because they don't WANT everyone champing all their characters, they want them playing.

So your desires are at odds with theirs.  Don't expect a major policy change until the game starts failing.  That is typically when they start to give away the store to keep the game going a while longer.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    D3 should have a better customer service policy on this one.  Or make it simple and make 5*s colorless so you can make them how you want and never waste the toughest things in the game to get. It's really sad they don't do anything to help the customers in this aspect enjoy the game more. 
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    why don't they make the 5*cover never get expired.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D3 should have a better customer service policy on this one.  Or make it simple and make 5*s colorless so you can make them how you want and never waste the toughest things in the game to get. It's really sad they don't do anything to help the customers in this aspect enjoy the game more. 
    Lucifier said:
    why don't they make the 5*cover never get expired.
    It seems less and less like people are reading posts and more like they're just shouting comments into the ether.

They don't do these things because they WANT you to be at risk of wasting things, because they want you to SPEND MONEY to get around the problem

The system certainly isn't perfectly finely tuned, but covers that never expire and colorless covers just aren't going to happen. Because they drive waste down, which will drive down the urgency/need to spend, which will drive down profits, which might kill the game.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @JHawkInc
    i get your point, but I only mean 5* covers, not all covers, (well i am not even in 4* land).
    but buying 1 5* cover cost 720 cp (i think), i don't know, but how many players will make 5 stark purchase just to buy one 5* cover (if need two this is 10 stark purchase).

another way, if player try to make stark purchase to get CP, to try to pull this certain 5* char, with a useful color, i think this have lower chance than just buying it for 720cp.

so most likely these players will just sell this cover, so how does this will effect D3 revenue.

unless someone have full 13 covers of a certain 5* char, and have more extra cover are about to expire and this char is not champed yet, and then he/she will purchase iso.