5* customer service complaint

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
i know nothing will come out of this thread but I have to vent about how frustrating it is to pull a 6th color cover of a 5* from classic tokens.  I recently pulled a bunch of classic to try and champ some of my older 5* and what do I get.  2 blue Silver Surfers and 2 red Silver Surfers.  The problem is I have SS at 5,5,2.  This means I have to sell all 4 covers of a 5* I currently have 12 covers for sitting at level 435.  The customer service policy on 5* is horrible.  I have offered to exchange 3 covers for 1 black.  I have had silver surfer at 12 covers for close to a year now and the fact that you can exchange a latest 5* but not a classic is probably the worst policy in the game.

devs you need to make classics exchangeable through customer service, or start placing classics 5* as progression rewards in PVP and PVE.  Maybe as CL9 or 10?  5* are already significantly diluted in classics and only a 15% chance to get one.  Stop making it harder for players to cover 5* with this policy of yours.

thanks for the venting feel free to vent yourself about the 5* dilution.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel you. For a long time, my OML was 5/1/5, and I couldn't seem to stop pulling OML blacks and reds. It was a massive pain and a huge waste. Since I generally only seem to pull any 5* maybe once every few months (assuming around 2 pulls per day), it's a real kick in the pants when it ends up being a useless dupe of one that I have 5 covers of, but less than 13 covers total.

I have a few such covers sitting in my rewards queue right now.

Basically the only way to lower the odds on this happening is to hoard like crazy and open all at once, in the hopes that one of them won't be a useless dupe. Which is so strange that the devs don't seem to understand at all why many advanced players hoard.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My goblin is 1/5/1 forever .... My last two pulls ... purple :(
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stop pulling classics, until they fix the odds.  5's in Classic are basically vaulted. The customer service on exchanges for Latest is awesome - usually 1-2 days max.  Give up on Classics for 5's.  A waste.

A while ago (5 months) I asked in a thread how high a 5* % you would need to get in Classic for equivalent odds in Latest (in terms of return for CP spent).  The answer then was over 40%.  I think that was when there were 3 less 5's in Classic Jail. So now, north of 50%.  I don't argue that equivalent benefit should exist for less CP expenditure.  But you can decide how to use your CP.

Not to mention that with unvaulting, your best odds of any 4 or 5 star from a pull is a Latest 5.  Other than the Oops Store last week, of course.

BTW, if your pulls were all made during the 25% Oops Classic store, well, I would hardly expect CS sympathy.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Stop pulling classics, until they fix the odds.  5's in Classic are basically vaulted. The customer service on exchanges for Latest is awesome - usually 1-2 days max.  Give up on Classics for 5's.  A waste.

A while ago (5 months) I asked in a thread how high a 5* % you would need to get in Classic for equivalent odds in Latest (in terms of return for CP spent).  The answer then was over 40%.  I think that was when there were 3 less 5's in Classic Jail. So now, north of 50%.  I don't argue that equivalent benefit should exist for less CP expenditure.  But you can decide how to use your CP.

Not to mention that with unvaulting, your best odds of any 4 or 5 star from a pull is a Latest 5.  Other than the Oops Store last week, of course.

BTW, if your pulls were all made during the 25% Oops Classic store, well, I would hardly expect CS sympathy.
    Or sympathy from fellow players. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got 720 CP left? At least you could save those covers then.....
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup.  I have 3 5* covers sitting in my queue right now - 2 Black Suit Spidey blue covers for my 5/2/5 Spidey and a Phoenix red for my 5/2/5 Phoenix.  And in 3 days in daily resupply I get a Cap yellow for my 5/3/3 Cap.

They really need to do something about this.  I'd easily pay 25 CP to swap a 5* cover into another color.  But what will happen is that they'll get enough complaints about CS not swapping Classics so they'll stop swapping Latests.  Makes sense.
  • ZamWiesel
    ZamWiesel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I tried getting them to swap my 2 pending red covers for SS a few months back as mine is at 3/5/1. I was given the same canned message most everyone else gets who hasn't spent thousands on the game. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In general, the way I see it is you use Latest to build your 5* Roster, and when you're happy with it you draw from classics to broaden it and increase your existing champ 5*s.  If you don't have Champ 5*s then Classics are a bad deal - it's a real **** shoot whether or not you finish any particular character (and there are some 5*s in Classics that aren't worth finishing, right Bruce?)  I suspect this is what the devs intend for the tokens - it's consistent with the way they are laid out (i.e. with exactly the same 4* load, despite people asking for otherwise.)   You draw 20% less 4* and 5* in exchange for a better chance to cover a certain 3.

I wish they'd do swaps for other than the Latest, but I heard that they're inundated with too many requests in general, so they had to limit it somehow.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime said:
    i know nothing will come out of this thread but I have to vent about how frustrating it is to pull a 6th color cover of a 5* from classic tokens.  I recently pulled a bunch of classic to try and champ some of my older 5* and what do I get.  2 blue Silver Surfers and 2 red Silver Surfers.  The problem is I have SS at 5,5,2.  This means I have to sell all 4 covers of a 5* I currently have 12 covers for sitting at level 435.  The customer service policy on 5* is horrible.  I have offered to exchange 3 covers for 1 black.  I have had silver surfer at 12 covers for close to a year now and the fact that you can exchange a latest 5* but not a classic is probably the worst policy in the game.

devs you need to make classics exchangeable through customer service, or start placing classics 5* as progression rewards in PVP and PVE.  Maybe as CL9 or 10?  5* are already significantly diluted in classics and only a 15% chance to get one.  Stop making it harder for players to cover 5* with this policy of yours.

thanks for the venting feel free to vent yourself about the 5* dilution.
    Definitely this! It´s almost impossible to build up classic 5* characters properly since coincidence only decides which color you get.

Look at my 5* Dr. Strange: My latest pulls (2 blue covers, 1 purple cover) brought him to a very dangerous 5/4/0-build. I foresee that I´ll pull a few unusable Dr. Strange-covers in the near future...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In general, the way I see it is you use Latest to build your 5* Roster, and when you're happy with it you draw from classics to broaden it and increase your existing champ 5*s.  If you don't have Champ 5*s then Classics are a bad deal - it's a real **** shoot whether or not you finish any particular character (and there are some 5*s in Classics that aren't worth finishing, right Bruce?)  I suspect this is what the devs intend for the tokens - it's consistent with the way they are laid out (i.e. with exactly the same 4* load, despite people asking for otherwise.)   You draw 20% less 4* and 5* in exchange for a better chance to cover a certain 3.

I wish they'd do swaps for other than the Latest, but I heard that they're inundated with too many requests in general, so they had to limit it somehow.

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Bruce Banner sits at 2/5/4.  I also have two other Bruce Banner sitting at 0/1/0.  I had hope someday they'll make alternations to Bruce Banner and I can swap those extras for something nicer than 2000 iso. Though I'm fairly certain I'm wishful thinking they will have any good value. :neutral:

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

In general, the way I see it is you use Latest to build your 5* Roster, and when you're happy with it you draw from classics to broaden it and increase your existing champ 5*s.  If you don't have Champ 5*s then Classics are a bad deal - it's a real tinykitty shoot whether or not you finish any particular character (and there are some 5*s in Classics that aren't worth finishing, right Bruce?)  I suspect this is what the devs intend for the tokens - it's consistent with the way they are laid out (i.e. with exactly the same 4* load, despite people asking for otherwise.)   You draw 20% less 4* and 5* in exchange for a better chance to cover a certain 3.

I have 6 championed 5* and 2 classic 5* at 12 covers and 2 at 11.  
    In regards to the exchange they might be inundated with request but it has been that way since latest have been introduced.  The fact is they need a better solution than ignoring players who pull classic covers.  The biggest problem I see is down the road when they only introduce new 5* because there are so many 4* in the game how are players going to cover the 5* they need.  There are some really good 5* in classic covers Thanos, Panter, BB and players should not be punished for not being able to cover them when they are in Latest packs.

they should swap classics for the same character only until they place 5* in the reward structure for progression.  If you could earn a 5* in CL9/10 for facing higher level difficulty in PVE or high end PVP it gives an alternative to RNG.

on a side note I will have my banner at 4,4,4 in 15 or so days and I would love to use him and champ him.  He is fun to play.  He is not meta in PVP nor will he be, but he can still be fun.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would love to see a method to more easily controlling and accessing classic 5* covers.  I'm about to champ a couple classics, and after that I'm forced again to hoard as my next on-roster options are classics (good ones) at 4-1-4 and 4-1-3 builds that are unobtainable.  It literally looks like 34000 iso and 2000 hp, wasted, not two characters.  

And this isn't even about swaps - it's about achieving the covers reasonably with any chance of success.
  • tonyeq
    tonyeq Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ZamWiesel said:
    I tried getting them to swap my 2 pending red covers for SS a few months back as mine is at 3/5/1. I was given the same canned message most everyone else gets who hasn't spent thousands on the game. 
    I'm at over 3 years daily play with over $1000 spent and I got the canned message. They won't swap my 6th BB green for a yellow. By the time over five 5* covers are accumulated, the character is no longer a latest legend.

I'd like to know how many cp and pulls it would take from latest legends at 1:7 odds over 3 characters, each at 13 covers, to get to an over 5 cover situation. If 1 of every 7 latest legend pulls somehow yielded the same cover 5 times in a row, that's 35 pulls by those odds, at 25cp each, for a cost of 875 cp. By the time anyone not in a buy club attains that much cp, that cover is in the Classic bin. And that scenario is assuming the best luck of the draw ever, aside from a utopian five out of five draw!

The truth is it will take many many more pulls to get 5 of any 5* cover, like it did with me. Anyone working that long to build 5* rosters should get dupes swapped, which is simply the right thing to do, otherwise, so much for being rewarded for loyalty. Another reason I no longer spend on this game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    tonyeq said:
    I'd like to know how many cp and pulls it would take from latest legends at 1:7 odds over 3 characters, each at 13 covers, to get to an over 5 cover situation..
    With cover swap the mean is just under 300 pulls.  Some people did the math ages back and 300 is the target for most people chasing 5*s from Latest.  (The 300 estimate assumes CS cover swapping, without that it would be higher).

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/55098/so-you-want-to-whale-latest-legendaries/p1
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm about to sell red cover number 10 - 11 and 12 for IM 5star (5/4/3). They've denied me for the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. But even 7 same covers out of 12 lifetime sold 5star dupe covers being the godforsaken same cover isn't enough for these guys.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FYI they won't exchange the unusable Black Panther covers I pulled from the Hornhead store.  Yet more ridiculousness.  I paid 25 CP just like if he was a latest, but because he's in classic tokens, customer service won't help.  I'll keep asking them to escalate.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    and yet they'll swear up and down here that they 'know the pain of having to waste 4/5* covers'. yet here we are, still, without a means of fairly exchanging unusable 6th + covers.

this still remains, imo, the biggest drawback in the game.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    FYI they won't exchange the unusable Black Panther covers I pulled from the Hornhead store.  Yet more ridiculousness.  I paid 25 CP just like if he was a latest, but because he's in classic tokens, customer service won't help.  I'll keep asking them to escalate.
    That is tinykitty. Hope they fix it for you

****Removed profanity - Ducky