Nerf 4* RnG fast please.

2»

Comments

• Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Eh I would take the 4k team damage. With team members at 30k+ hp, its no big deal. The extra match + massive aoe dmg more than makes up for the risk.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Um... Touché?
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Haters gotta hate, yawn.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    So tired of these crybaby posts.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    A call to nerf isn't appropriate, but I can't deny that boosted R&G with GoG support is kind of ridiculous.  I've never climbed PvP so fast.  It's not hard to beat, but winning with it is almost as quick as seed nodes without Thanos.  Granted I'm only facing other champ 4*, not 5*, but the starting damage output is in a category all to itself.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just curious, why is it people link up Rocket & Groot with Gamora almost exclusively? What is it about Starlord or Drax that make them less suitable?

I've been absolutely murdering PVE with 5* Hawkeye, Drax, and Rocket and Groot.  I brought Drax along for the extra damage from the CDs, but honestly I rarely get a power off as most nodes go down through match damage alone.  Next time R&G are boosted, I'm going SL8 instead of 7.

I don't see that as a good reason for a nerf, though.

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Just curious, why is it people link up Rocket & Groot with Gamora almost exclusively? What is it about Starlord or Drax that make them less suitable?

I've been absolutely murdering PVE with 5* Hawkeye, Drax, and Rocket and Groot.  I brought Drax along for the extra damage from the CDs, but honestly I rarely get a power off as most nodes go down through match damage alone.  Next time R&G are boosted, I'm going SL8 instead of 7.

For Florida, I used Thanos / R&G / any random Guardian.  Seriously, it didn't matter who it was, the match was over in 2 or 3 moves.  I kept switching so I only had to use health packs on R&G.  I started with Yondu, then went to 4* Gamora, 4* StarLord, Drax, then my 5-cover 5* SL, then my 3* SL before I finally finished.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think (we'll never know as they'll never return to this thread :D ) the OP is simply tired of seeing the same team in PvP. Grocket and Gamora teams are becoming rather plentiful, especially in the SHIELD sim.

So if all of you would just stop using them the OP will be happy and we could all go back to our Cardusa fixations.  :p 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, I use G4mora instead of Star Lord because it is faster.  Star Lord slows things down with his animations.  And if I had to choose between Gamora's red and Drax...  Well, that's not a hard decision.  The real question is if I'll switch out Gamora for Yondu once he's ready.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Lol... so initially I thought this post was about nerfing the power of RNG when it came to opening 4* tokens.  

After reading the OP, in my experience, you can usually match away some of those Grocket tiles early in the match which helps mitigate some damage.  Otherwise just bring your own Medusa (or Ant-Man which can deny blue to Grocket and Gamora) and steal most of those tiles and Medusa even enhances them.  Grocket is great for that initial tile placement but he isn't anything special after that.  If it is simply diversity of teams....that is always a problem as everyone plays the best/newest combo until another one pops up.  Honestly, you should be able to beat that team fairly easy with most champed 4* if Gamora and Grocket aren't champed.  PvP really ends up being about having 4* champed and boosted.
  • CosmicWolf
    CosmicWolf Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Orion said:
    GrimSkald said:

For Florida, I used Thanos / R&G / any random Guardian.  Seriously, it didn't matter who it was, the match was over in 2 or 3 moves.  I kept switching so I only had to use health packs on R&G.  I started with Yondu, then went to 4* Gamora, 4* StarLord, Drax, then my 5-cover 5* SL, then my 3* SL before I finally finished.
    This is exactly what I do too, and its the best.  You just fly through it.  I don't thing there is a quicker way of clearing PVE than with this combo when RnG is boosted.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    PS. I dont read the replies so save the hate.
    I call hairballs on this. Get the tinykitteh outta here with that, you know you reading all of it!

Of all the things going on wrong in the game, why request making it worse? 

***Removed personal attack - Ducky
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:

Welcome to the team is really really strong and you cant exactly counter something that happens before the match is started...
    Hate to be "that guy" but actually you can bring BSS with 5 purple covers and completely counter the strike tiles...
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    bob554 said:
    PS. I dont read the replies so save the hate.
    Why make a thread then?
    posting this link for the thread saying we need a Touche button. Because TOUCHE!
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67298/we-need-a-touche-button#latest
    If he doesn't read the replies then he won't post touché. TOUCHÉ!
    Touché or not touché, that is the question.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio said:
    sinnerjfl said:

Welcome to the team is really really strong and you cant exactly counter something that happens before the match is started...
    Hate to be "that guy" but actually you can bring BSS with 5 purple covers and completely counter the strike tiles...
     Thing with enough yellow covers is another option, provided the damage is enough to proc the power. Not as good of a solution as yours, but I think people are more liable to have yellow Thing covers than purple BSS covers. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    mohio said:
    sinnerjfl said:

Thing with enough yellow covers is another option, provided the damage is enough to proc the power. Not as good of a solution as yours, but I think people are more liable to have yellow Thing covers than purple BSS covers. 

I actually had a tough Simulator match against Thing/XPool/Carol

I was using Medusa/G4mora/RnG

If i hit anyone other than deadpool, i took 3k damage from him, but if i targeted deadpool, Thing got in the way all the while i couldnt match my strongest color.

I ended up winning after getting enough blue AP and started stunning, but the team gave me some trouble. What i did was just kept targeting Deadpool until he was dead and using there defense tiles as healing and ap generation for the team , and once i called her purple in i took all the defense tiles for myself.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio said:
    sinnerjfl said:

How to make yourself a target, bring BSS in a fight. If he wasnt so awful then that might be a good suggestion but sadly only his purple is any good.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Blue stun for  6 and 15k damage with green is nothing to sneeze at if you use him right.. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still don't think R&G is nerf-worthy, but after last night I believe they're meta-defining.  For the first time ever I was able to go past 1200 points in PvP using R&G and Medusa.  I normally hit 800 and then have to shield hop to 900, and that's about where I stop because I'm easy meat no matter how long is left in the event.  The night before last I'd made it past 900, stayed unshielded and got whittled down to 650. Then last night I just climbed straight to 1240 and shielded with 8 hours to go.

During one intermission, I was attacked 5x and defensively won 4 of them for a net gain.

When boosted (both by a fellow guardian and the weekly), those strike tiles allow you to move ridiculously fast and punch way above your weight class.  This is also the first time I've faced champ 5* and not had to spend 3 health packs after the match.

Non-boosted, it's simply another effective combo.  Not quite as game-changing because you're not taking down support characters in 2-3 matches.