"Loading" percent counter happens every node

2»

Comments

• Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    They better fix with a data push. How are we supposed to hop when every match takes an extra 30 seconds to even start? How are we supposed to PVE when every match takes 30 extra seconds to start (luckily it's a 48h sub)?
    Thx but that seems like a lot of work.....why can't they test
    these updates before they release them? 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    To fix the issue:
    You need to redownload every art asset for each character, both in roster and in matches. Look at your roster for the first, and do System Reboot for second. Just start a match with 3 new characters, watch the download and retreat. Rinse, repeat until you've done all characters. Missing a character? Find them in sim. PVE Goons? There's Prologue for Hammer and Maggia, but it's a 48h sub, so not that bad if you do them in the actual PVE during your one clear.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Merged the 2 threads regarding the excessive loading times and centralized them in the Bugs and Technical Issues subforum, leaving a redirect in General Discussion***
  • ntmad8tr
    ntmad8tr Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    You can not tell me that this went completely unnoticed or are the updates not tested prior to going "live" with them....30 seconds...I don't know who timed 30 seconds. I just had a 3 minute load of the "That guy " level 1 DDQ level.....I've stopped there. I'll wait for this to be fixed before playing anymore.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a game-changing bug that makes it unplayable for some people.   There's no way this was tested.  Any fight gives it away.  The LT odds were fixed in 3 1/2 hours, yet this bug continues and everyone has probably gone home for the day.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    The silver lining is that this is going to lose a lot of business for them. At a time when they are expecting an influx of new players (GotG v2 media release, Defenders, and now Inhumans - there's been a lot of Marvel "stuff" happening). A lot of new players are going to be turned away by that long loading time, and I suspect even a lot of existing players are going to cut their play time drastically - essentially extricating themselves from the Skinner box.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Daiches,thanks for the tip.it does work,20 mins I'll never get back,but it beats waiting for every fight.plus who knows how long it will actually take them to fix it.i'm not sure how you figured it out but well done.thanks
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    This is a game-changing bug that makes it unplayable for some people.   There's no way this was tested.  Any fight gives it away.  The LT odds were fixed in 3 1/2 hours, yet this bug continues and everyone has probably gone home for the day.
    The bug is fixed by just having the art assets loaded. Pretty sure their test build has all assets already loaded. Since the only issue is needing to redownload these assets once (by starting a fight with or vs the character), even if they didn't have it loaded at first, the issue disappears after just one quick test match with a character. So by the end of testing there would be no more issue to see. 

This whole thing takes 20 minutes tops to fix anyway. Just look in this very thread and various other places where I posted it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    The silver lining is that this is going to lose a lot of business for them. At a time when they are expecting an influx of new players (GotG v2 media release, Defenders, and now Inhumans - there's been a lot of Marvel "stuff" happening). A lot of new players are going to be turned away by that long loading time,
    I doubt this is true (also how is that a silver lining?).  As the bug is related to art assets as they are used a new character will have dramatically smaller roster and play much less of the game.  It will take them fewer and/or shorter loading screens to get all their assets loaded then a player with every character rostered who plays both PvE and PvP competitively.

I haven't seen the loading screens as that much of an annoyance, but I saw the forum posts before the bug in game and have been going out of my way to only play the game on wifi.  It makes a huge difference on loading times.