"Loading" percent counter happens every node

Kaazz
Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
playing on iPad.

Every time I go to play a node, I get the "Loading XX%" screen. This used to only happen when first opening the game after an update. Now it happens every single node!! It takes forever to get into the match itself, as I sit there watching the % counter go up. Painful!!!! Please fix ASAP!

Comments

• nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Anyone else seeing longer than normal 
    load times prior to each match?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    See bugs section. Widespread issue.
  • nonnel
    Lol. Ain't nobody got time for reading multiple sections.  
  • nonnel
    But thank you for confirming, sorry. Forgot my manners
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    No prob. I think major bugs stemming from updates should be in News or at least GD, myself.  At minimum on the Revision notes post.
    Couldn't agree more. Thumbs up for you madam, or sir!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to know I'm not alone! This happened a few years ago as well. Hopefully they fix it with a data push.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    They better fix with a data push. How are we supposed to hop when every match takes an extra 30 seconds to even start? How are we supposed to PVE when every match takes 30 extra seconds to start (luckily it's a 48h sub)?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to see a public acknowledgement of the issue from the devs.  I was worried that this had to do with the transition to 64bit.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Yeah I'm not playing until this is fixed. The game takes so much time as it is. Hope it's fixed soon.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I applaud your post, not many people check the bug page to avoid game destroying issue. Should have been an announcement unless it's not a bug and just the new normal.
  • Daiches
    To fix the issue:
    You need to redownload every art asset for each character, both in roster and in matches. Look at your roster for the first, and do System Reboot for second. Just start a match with 3 new characters, watch the download and retreat. Rinse, repeat until you've done all characters. Missing a character? Find them in sim. PVE Goons? There's Prologue for Hammer and Maggia, but it's a 48h sub, so not that bad if you do them in the actual PVE during your one clear.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I just consider it a chance to practice my speed counting to 100!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy mother of Marvel, this is brutal.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    To fix the issue:
    You need to redownload every art asset for each character, both in roster and in matches. Look at your roster for the first, and do System Reboot for second. Just start a match with 3 new characters, watch the download and retreat. Rinse, repeat until you've done all characters. Missing a character? Find them in sim. PVE Goons? There's Prologue for Hammer and Maggia, but it's a 48h sub, so not that bad if you do them in the actual PVE during your one clear.
    Double Ewe. Tea. Eff. I think I'll wait until I'm home and on WiFi to do that.
  • Daiches
    JSP869 said:
    Daiches said:
    To fix the issue:
    Double Ewe. Tea. Eff. I think I'll wait until I'm home and on WiFi to do that.
    You can cut down on the time by just doing the character you need for your next hop/PVE clears, and the rest later ;)
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    To fix the issue:
    Good catch. I wonder if this just didn't happen in the original opening after downloading the update. Usually my first opening takes 2-4 minutes and this time it was about 30 seconds. So it would make sense that the additional time would be the art assets. 
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Happening to me as well and I'm on android.  I am frustrated how something always get broken when there is an update.  Some things never get fixed such as daken or 3star captain marvel's moves.  So annoying how the energy absorption animation is backwards and it fires on wave nodes when she wasn't even part of the wave you killed.
  • Sutelc
    Sutelc Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Me three. Really irritating how long it's taking to start matches today. Have only been able to get through about 1/2 of what I'd normally have been through on my breaks at work.
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Same here, I'm playing on Android.  I noticed that the long loading times came from after I installed the recent MPQ update.  Really puts a damper on pvp players trying to move fast.