Game Data drop in R134 [Devs Aware]

Options
Renler
Renler Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
I just updated to R134 and noticed, that the game Data dropped from about 475 MB to 200...now every time I enter a fight the game has to load back small amounts of MB every time. In WiFi it's no Problem, but on a mobile connection not playable.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've noticed the same things on iOS.  Every match needs to reload.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am seeing it in iOS too.  iPhone 7, up to date.
  • spacedwarf
    spacedwarf Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes. I'm suffering the same lag after the update. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    same here iOS
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The developers are aware of this issue, and they are already investigating the increase number of load screens.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, even on wifi, this is becoming problematic. It's taking longer to load than one of Carnage's turns in Sinister Six.
  • Renler
    Renler Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm curious about whether it will stop loading at a certain point or stupid only go up. About 2 months ago the game reached an insane amount of almost one Gigabyte on my phone. I deleted and reinstall it, so it went down to 475 and stayed there. But now this. 
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    same problem here.

iphone 6s.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Same issue on Android.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same issue. Game loading before every fight is huge.
    Android
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yup! Same issue here on iOS.  About 1 minute load time before you can even play match!
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Game is basically unplayable in its current state - just ages spent staring at a loading screen with slowly ascending percentages.

Boring and in a game where the entire competitive mechanic is built around speed killer 
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same for me. Auto update on Google pixel. Huge disadvantage now vs people who haven't updated. One minute per load. Will absolutely destroy my clear rate. There goes t5, probably even t10.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same thing on iOS. The game has to load for half a minute before the battle starts. Very annoying!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is making the game painful to play.....load screens are the worst
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got a new phone last week. I just checked my phone's data usage, and in just the few days since I got my phone MPQ has already used 360MB of data. Fortunately I'm with TMobile so they don't charge me for going over my data quota (they only slow me down).

People with other service providers may not be so fortunate.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    I got a new phone last week. I just checked my phone's data usage, and in just the few days since I got my phone MPQ has already used 360MB of data. Fortunately I'm with TMobile so they don't charge me for going over my data quota (they only slow me down).

People with other service providers may not be so fortunate.

That is normal, even before this botched patch.

MPQ is the worst resource hog imaginable, with a lot of data usage.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    very slow load on IOS with version 134.  Please fix.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm seeing increased loading times as well. After hitting the final 'fight' button (Heh, 'final fight') I'm looking at 8-15 seconds of loading screens. Each match. And if the posts above me are correct in assuming this is some kind of download/data transfer, I should consider myself lucky that I'm mainly playing from my fast home wifi...

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The developers are aware of this issue, and they are already investigating the increase number of load screens.
    According to this post on Reddit (no idea how valid it is) the game now apparently needs to download the art & animation for each character the first time you fight with or against them. The 'workaround' to minimize future loading screens is to play a match with every character in your roster.