Lockjaw Coming Soon To Marvel Puzzle Quest! (8/28/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

For those of you that are subscribed to our newsletter, or follow our social media channels, this already comes to no surprise to you. For those who aren't though, get ready, because Lockjaw is coming to MPQ!

As part of National Dog Day this past Saturday, we were excited to announce that players will soon be able to play as the teleporting, canine protector of the Royal Family of the Inhumans.

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Is he classed as limited?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Spiritclaw
    To my knowledge, Lockjaw is going to be a regular character!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    What rarity will Lockjaw be? :)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have Lockjaw, and Redwing is in the game (albeit as a power and not a character), now we need Kitty with Lockheed, and then we can have Throg as a limited character like Howard/Dino maybe, and then all we need are ways to include Hairball and Ms. Lion and we've got the Pet Avengers! :D
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was with you on Kitty & Lockheed...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Big doggo hype
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe a swashbuckling Nightcrawler for Talk Like a Pirate Day?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re: missing 'stache.  First, it is debatable whether it was meant to be a mustache or just different coloring.  More boringly, this is a character that now has Cinematic representation (in IMAX, no less).  How silly would a giant dog with a mustache look on screen???   4 stories high?  So design consistency probably ensured a lack of 'stache.

Also, the early reveal obviously was led by Marvel using synergy to create excitement for the IMAX event on Sept 1.  I am thankful we get Labor Day weekend without a new release, myself.

I hope the character is as fun as he looks!  And maybe he will be fully covered before the TV show finishes its season.  ;)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe it's the same technology that hides Superman's moustache in the Justice League movie?
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Too bad the inhumans show looks terrible already, I even got the same comment from someone who worked on it, lol.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too bad the inhumans show looks terrible already, I even got the same comment from someone who worked on it, lol.
    The director himself said they had to make it fast and cheap. I sure wouldn't pay to watch it in IMAX.  Maybe Marvel is overextending themselves a bit.

Current shows in production:

The Punisher
    Daredevil
    Iron Fist
    Defenders
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Agents of Shield
    Runaways
    Cloak and Dagger
    Inhumans

(Ignoring Fox produced X-shows here).  Plus the canceled Agent Carter.

It's a bit of a shame that Inhumans went from major motion picture to this.
  • Dunamis101
    edited August 2017
    Which is sad cause even agents of shield got boring for me with a pg rating. Almost down right corny.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:

I don't agree. Motion Picture would have been fine, but I think general audience would need more introduction for it to really be a big hit. But also, I like TV series quite a bit. The movies have been great, but a good Inhumans tv series will bring me greater enjoyment. So I hope it is good. 
  • Dunamis101
    It won't be, considering the budget on agents of shield or anything else on ABC prime time.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    The director himself said they had to make it fast and cheap. I sure wouldn't pay to watch it in IMAX.  Maybe Marvel is overextending themselves a bit.

Current shows in production:

The Punisher
    Daredevil
    Iron Fist
    Defenders
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Agents of Shield
    Runaways
    Cloak and Dagger
    Inhumans

(Ignoring Fox produced X-shows here).  Plus the canceled Agent Carter.

Disagreement! Its a bigger shame that the Inhumans were forced on us to begin with...
    Just my opinion.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    It won't be, considering the budget on agents of shield or anything else on ABC prime time.
    I dunno man, did you see what they did with Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider (or more appropriately, Ghost Driver) last year? Maybe I'm easily impressed, but I thought that was pretty good for a TV show. 

I'd like to think we'll be pleasantly surprised, but I will agree that the footage they've shown for Inhumans has been less than impressive so far.

As far as I'm considered, it's a trade-off; we'll get a less visually impressive series, but they'll have the chance to tell a more in depth story and give the characters a chance to develop.