Lockjaw Coming Soon To Marvel Puzzle Quest! (8/28/17)

Options

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Medusa's hair in particular looks pretty dodgy in what I've seen for the Inhumans tv show
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa's hair in particular looks pretty dodgy in what I've seen for the Inhumans tv show
    They fixed that in the latest trailer by giving her a buzz cut.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agents of SHIELD got really good lately. And a lot darker. It's not the same show as in season 1. Inhumans does look terrible though- at least in AoS they picked inhumans who's powers didn't require much CGI, but Medusa would need the same animation budget as Tangled at least.

Also, I'm really glad Lockjaw is coming to MPQ- he's cute, has original powers and could be a lot of fun to play with.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jamesh said:
    They fixed that in the latest trailer by giving her a buzz cut.
    Ahaha I see what you mean!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Brigby any info yet on his power set?  I'm alway hopeful someone new will  break the nuke, create or steal special tiles, create or steal ap power set.  
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Sweet! A teleporter! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for Nightcra... wait, what?
    You have my thumb, sir.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As I see all your posts, it seems Im the only one who disagree that Lockjaw should be in MPQ. There are plenty of other "human" characters to choose from, even when we exclude X-Men.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phillipes said:
    As I see all your posts, it seems Im the only one who disagree that Lockjaw should be in MPQ. There are plenty of other "human" characters to choose from, even when we exclude X-Men.
    Just wait 2 weeks after the dog.

I can guarantee another character will be here. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE said:
    Phillipes said:
    Just wait 2 weeks after the dog.

I can guarantee another character will be here. 
    Touche
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Stats are visible in game and seem interesting.   Defensive yellow, highly variable blue, and a green of limited utility.
  • Sykosonik
    Sykosonik Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lockjaw is the PERFECT 3rd for an IM40/4Thor team. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seams pretty decent. Will have to wait until i see max level stats before i make an opinion tho :)
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sykosonik said:
    Lockjaw is the PERFECT 3rd for an IM40/4Thor team. 
    personally I am liking him for medusa + carnage as once that gets going he will just constantly do extra damage and not take match damage and then medusa can fuel his blue and green powers lol. though since I can't run him 5/5/5 might just have to sacrifice a bit of the green since carnage has a green active anyways.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    talleman said:
    Seams pretty decent. Will have to wait until i see max level stats before i make an opinion tho :)
    Why not just compare them to the level 70 stats of anyone else you like? The ratios between any two powers will be the same at any level.

Ok, here. Level 270, 5 covers
    ~16464 HP (same as war machine, whatever that is)
    Loyal Protector: ~1611 damage, resist 100% damage
    Resonance Frequency (U): ~2672 damage, destroy 7 random tiles in enemy's strongest color
    Bring Out The Best (Y): ~1541 burst healing
    Quasi-Sonic Whisper (G): ~1806 damage, destroy middle two rows
    Hair Meddle (P): Swap 16 pairs of tiles, steal enemy A/P/S and strengthen stolen tiles by ~269
    Some Say The World: ~1624 damage, A/P/S tile strength ~117
    Cull The Weak: ~1626 damage and stun other enemies for 1 turn
    The Dog That Bit You: Creates 8 Charged tiles. ~993 damage each turn if there's a charged tile in the enemy's strongest color.

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    talleman said:
    Why not just compare them to the level 70 stats of anyone else you like? The ratios between any two powers will be the same at any level.
    Im bad at math and im lazy ;)
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure how he will look in matches and when using powers, but the selection screen art from the character cover reward preview looks great! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm interested in the fact that Lockjaw can summon Crystal and Karnak. I feel that means those characters will be in the game soon, with one of their powers being the one Lockjaw summons them with.

...and if they've already announced those two, well then, I missed it.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

There's some clear synergy with Medusa and, to a lesser extent, Black Bolt. By contrast, Lockjaw conflicts heavily with Quake to the point that I can't think of any scenario where I would ever have them in the same team.

Yellow is cute, but it's tanking enemy matches not powers. I see the damage reduction as negligible, however the "feedback" damage could potentially turn the tables on an enemy cascade. Still, I see this as a niche ability.

Blue has a nice selection of abilities, and will combo well with any ability which can re-colour a large selection of tiles. Still looks like a support ability, as even the Red and Black abilities don't have huge damage on them.

The passive on Green is nice, and even serves as a sort of deterrent for some Charge tiles creators even without the active portion of the ability. However with no direct damage component this could end up being quite the double-edged sword.

Overall, an interesting support character. I don't see a clear path to top of the meta for Lockjaw, outside of partnering with Medusa - however, that's more of a statement on Medusa than LJ. I'm a little disappointed that we still don't have a counter for the Countdown meta, but that's merely a separate observation at this point and not a detraction from Lockjaw.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm interested in the fact that Lockjaw can summon Crystal and Karnak. I feel that means those characters will be in the game soon, with one of their powers being the one Lockjaw summons them with.

...and if they've already announced those two, well then, I missed it.
    From the Marvel.com article:
    while we aren’t adding Crystal and Karnak to the game as playable characters (at least it’s not planned right now), they are getting put in the game through Lockjaw.

Doesn't look like it.