Known Issue: Incorrect Legendary Token and Hornhead Store Odds (8/24/17) [Fixed]

2»

Comments

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Great. Missed out.
    Yeah, it seams to be fixed now.
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    That bug was fixed fast!  You all can insert other known bugs that they can't fix so quickly.  Ah well.  
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    @talleman  Myself and several others have pulled many Classic Tokens today, I've not yet heard anyone report getting a vintage 4*, only the latest 12. 
    Yea, but you pulled at a 25% rate for 5*s. Your point seems a little skewed. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Maybe this should be a lesson to devs that people won't hoard as much if the odds for fives were increased.

Nah, it'll just over their heads.
  • gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    I pulled 29 classic tokens and didn't get a single BH, and others in my alliance had the same experience (pulling more, 30, 40, 50+), I do understand that "random" means that everything regresses to the stated norm, and small sample sizes will show variation. But there were some fairly large numbers during this "error" that didn't see any bonus heroes. 

Makes me wonder if there was more to the error than just the odds for 5*'s. (which was a serious temptation, but honestly as soon as I saw it was a vaulted draw, I emptied my CP's). 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Great. Missed out.
    Yeah, it seams to be fixed now.
    Dang, they might as well roll it out so we all spend our hoard
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 29 classic tokens and didn't get a single BH, and others in my alliance had the same experience (pulling more, 30, 40, 50+), I do understand that "random" means that everything regresses to the stated norm, and small sample sizes will show variation. But there were some fairly large numbers during this "error" that didn't see any bonus heroes. 

Makes me wonder if there was more to the error than just the odds for 5*'s. (which was a serious temptation, but honestly as soon as I saw it was a vaulted draw, I emptied my CP's). 
    I pulled two bonus 5*s in my 50 pulls of which 8 were 5*s.  Pulled only two 4*s in that same group of pulls.  Random is random.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had a large hoard of cp, burned it on classic today. ~112 pulls, 38 5*, 2 bh 5, 1 bh 4. But I'm not complaining..... 
  • FokaiHI
    Milk Jugz said:
    Had a large hoard of cp, burned it on classic today. ~112 pulls, 38 5*, 2 bh 5, 1 bh 4. But I'm not complaining..... 
    congrats. Which 5*s did you finish
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    FokaiHI said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    congrats. Which 5*s did you finish
    Finally covered my Phoenix, +2 champ levels. Covered Hulk, with an extra cover but sold it. He's not gonna be my second champ 5. Got DrS to 5/2/5, and IM46 to 5/5/2, BB to 4/1/5. Those are my highlights.
  • FokaiHI
    Nicely done. 
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Pulled 800 CP worth of Hornhead.  Got 1 5*, and it wasn't even DD =(.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Got Coulson from Galactus reward putting him at 2-5-5 with a purple on the vine and still aint got an offer. So i think that theese offers are random.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    So no news on compensation for people who spent CP on hornhead with wrong odds? I spent 50cp. I know it isn't much, but it is a lot for me..
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am now wondering how many new champed 5's are out there.  I am in Slice 4 in the DD PVP, SCL 7. Just climbed to 908 and am in 59th place.  59th!!!!  There are so many champed 5 rosters in the rankings both around me and t20.  Normally I'd be around t20 if not t10 right now.

I imagine:
    1.  There were a lot of hoarders due to 5SL and Doc.
    2.  The "oops" 5* rate made many crack those hoards.  To heck with Latest and waiting for better 5's.
    3.  Many more champed 5's now around.

So if you didn't have a hoard and/or missed the oops store (like myself), best of luck competing now.   Sigh.  Demoralizing.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I am now wondering how many new champed 5's are out there.  I am in Slice 4 in the DD PVP, SCL 7. Just climbed to 908 and am in 59th place.  59th!!!!  There are so many champed 5 rosters in the rankings both around me and t20.  Normally I'd be around t20 if not t10 right now.

I imagine:
    1.  There were a lot of hoarders due to 5SL and Doc.
    2.  The "oops" 5* rate made many crack those hoards.  To heck with Latest and waiting for better 5's.
    3.  Many more champed 5's now around.

So if you didn't have a hoard and/or missed the oops store (like myself), best of luck competing now.   Sigh.  Demoralizing.
    S4 has very few brackets. Hence high concentratiom of big rosters.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Devs, please feel free to make these odds the norm. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the norm in the near future and the only "mistake" here was turning the functionality too soon. Just like every other "mistake" that happened and turned out to be something in the works that got pushed out too soon.