Galactus Hungers Event Details *Updated (8/24/17)

Options

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    Bagman? Serious? Boosted Bagman
    Galactus is a Fantastic Four villain, so it makes sense to boost the version of Spider-Man wearing an FF uniform.
  • Demanufacture69
    Demanufacture69 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @brigby When Galatus gets his power to fire does this affect airborne characters or would they be able to carry on when they land?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Should be a fun event. Personally, I'm not too excited though because I'm playing for covers to start my dupe Strange and champ levels 278-280 for Coulson. 
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    My 5/2/2 Coulson isn't super thrilled, but I really like boss events, so I'm not complaining. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No one in my alliance has Yondu.
    ( couldn't be bothered, Just another shiny new 4* cover that will gather dust).
    No one in the alliance has 3* Electra.
    ( underwhelmed).
    This is the First time EVER  we haven't been pumped for an alliance event.
    I'm sorry guys but the person who increased the grind from 4 clears to 5.
    The person who decided to stretch this game out has killed the spirit of many a fine game player in the process.
    Really don't know where we go from here.  :'(
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Update: Added Hornhead Legendary Store details
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No one in my alliance has Yondu.
    ( couldn't be bothered, Just another shiny new 4* cover that will gather dust).
    No one in the alliance has 3* Electra.
    ( underwhelmed).

Does that matter?  They're New, not Featured, and while Yondu's AP steal might be a minor benefit neither of them are essential, either literally for refresh nodes or figuratively for beating Galactus.  If you're underwhelmed by the rewards, that's another thing entirely, but not having the new characters shouldn't impact your event one way or the other.

All things considered I'd rather not have a 3* Elektra on my roster.  One more Iso sink delaying 4* champs.  I've got my fingers crossed for a hornhead of my very own, though.  I've been pretty lucky with the 5* release tokens, getting three covers from six pulls (2 spiderman, 1 starlord).  If no one cares about him, though, I suppose it's time to take it easy.  Just agree among yourselves before you sign up so individuals have the option to merc out.  If I missed my second token because my alliance decided to throw in the towel I'd be miffed.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thought the horn head would have been just daredevil at 10% 

but there are 3 5* characters which is going to make it difficult to get a 5* dd 

just wondering if that means we have a 30% chance of a 5* if all 3 are 10%

still no sign of the system reboot event either 

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    oooga booga where the System Reboot event at?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Where is the system reboot event ?
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    According to my Hornhead Store Brigby's odds are wrong and there is a 3.33% chance of each 5*
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    System Reboot will start at 8 p.m. EDT.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @brigby When Galatus gets his power to fire does this affect airborne characters or would they be able to carry on when they land?
    It specifically says in his power "and wins the battle".
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Basically, the power isn't like Whales where it does an incredibly large amount of damage to win the fight, but a literal win condition where if it is met, then that side has won. Basically, like 5* Doc Oc's incredibly convoluted green.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    so who will be your A-team against big G in later rounds? 
    3fist and 4fist would be fun, other than that, considering the boosted list, 4fist with... cloak&dagger (clagger? CD?) and c4ge? 
  • Demanufacture69
    Demanufacture69 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Basically, the power isn't like Whales where it does an incredibly large amount of damage to win the fight, but a literal win condition where if it is met, then that side has won. Basically, like 5* Doc Oc's incredibly convoluted green.
    Thanks for the info guys thought it was damage based and using vultures airbourne abilty i thought may have prevented his power hitting him. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too bad Mordo isn't boosted. I imagine his purple could work pretty well against Galactus....
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Cho for the win, save up green and one shot galactus.
    I see your Cho's Green, and raise you Mordo's Purple. It will deal a crazy amount of damage since Galactus never uses his AP for anything.  Plus, it will drain five (hopefully black) AP, and give you some to boot.  All for 9 purple.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why do they keep boosting the same characters for boss events? I remember using XFW and TAHulk for both runs of Sinister Six because they were the boosted 4*s and therefore the most powerful options (plus their healing helped). Now it's them again (this time with 4* Blade joining in). Is there some special reason they're considered boss event characters?
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

Why are there 3 5*s in the Hornhead tokens? Every time you guys offered a special token for a new 5* before it only had that one 5* at a 10% rate. Plus isn't Black Panther still heavily broken with his abilities not working correctly or at all?