Galactus Hungers Event Details *Updated (8/24/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here is some more information about the Galactus Hungers event that starts tomorrow!

Update: Added Hornhead Legendary Store details

Event Details

Event Stores

• Galactus Hungers Cover Store
    • Increased odds to get Blade (Modern), Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), and Hawkeye (Modern)
    • There's an increased chance to get the latest 12 4-Stars.
  • Matt Murdock Limited Vault
    • 40 items
    • 1 Hornhead Legendary token
    • 1 random 4-Star cover
    • 3 Daredevil (Man Without Fear) covers (one of each)
    • 6 Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14 Random 2-Star covers
  • Hornhead Legendary Store *New Update*
    • 5% chance each to get a Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), or Black Panther (Civil War) cover
    • 85% chance to get a 4-Star
      • 42.5% chance to get a Latest 4-Star
      • 42.5% chance to get a Vintage 4-Star

Comments

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And this Hornhead token...?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surely a vault featuring 5* DD only at 10% odds 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Surely a vault featuring 5* DD only at 10% odds 
    Putting my money on 5* Rhino
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    The Hornhead token is for a Special Legendary Store that will contain both 5-Star and 4-Star characters.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby
    Bagman? Serious? Boosted Bagman
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    why coulson 4* covers ?  prodigal sun placement rewards are 4*Blade and 3* DS

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The individual reward ladder is still woefully inadequate, especially in terms of ISO (the entire event only giving out 50HP is kinda sad as well).

@Brigby
    Bagman? Serious? Boosted Bagman
    Galactus' power relies on countdowns. Bagman (along with OBW) are the two characters who can increase enemy countdowns, and they're both boosted.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    dingao666 said:
    why coulson 4* covers ?  prodigal sun placement rewards are 4*Blade and 3* DS

Alliance progression rewards are the equivalent of individual placement rewards in alliance events. Not of individual progression. That's always been the case. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 4/3/3 Coulson is thrilled, though my alliance has never cleared R7 of a boss event before. Still. Even if we only clear R6, it's a huge boost for him.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shouldn't 5* Daredevil be listed as new boosted rather than just weekly?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 4/3/3 Coulson is thrilled, though my alliance has never cleared R7 of a boss event before. Still. Even if we only clear R6, it's a huge boost for him.
     So is my 4/5/2. The Sinister Six event was the first time I was part of an alliance that cleared all rounds. Hopefully this shouldn't be an issue either, because I really need to get through Round 7.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's a terrible 4* boost list. Too much color overlap.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    That's a terrible 4* boost list. Too much color overlap.
    You noticed that too? Green and Black actives for EVERYONE! I'm surprised they didn't replace XFW with PunMax, so they could all be Green/Black/Blue. On the bright side, Strang3 is the Featured 3-star, so any time the other team fires off a power, they're going to get whacked but good.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cho for the win, save up green and one shot galactus.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Where's the details on 5* DD, the legendary store, and the System reboot mission.  The slow odd trickle rate of information for this is odd based on previous precedence.  I'd have rather had a marvel article dump all this info at once.

Edit:
    Also annoyed that they keep doing the featured 12 for boss events.  Aren't there enough increased odds for them everyone else, give some old rando love!
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okay anyone here the last time they ran this event know if the following works:

Will the punisher's ability to kill at a certain percentage of health work?
    Does anyone think that Gamora's instant kill ability will work?
    If you flood the board with hail storm will this keep tiles from forming?

Any other information would be nice
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby Shouldn't 2* cover rewarded at 112k points be a hawkeye and not obw? Obw was featured in last event and rewarded there, now it's time for hawkeye as he is 2* placement reward from prodigal sun event.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @wumpushunter punisher red works. My team mates constantly ask for that team up during boss events. I assumed gamora purple should too
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boss isn't stunnable be or able to be sent airborne, but other than that, afaik, everything is fair game. Hailstorm isn't a good counter to Galactus though.  You will never have enough attacks to stop him playing CDs.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I still don't understand 2 things for boss events:

1. For standard PVE, there are 1+5 (essential + weekly) boosted 4*. For boss it is only 1+3. Is there any reason for it?

2. Number of boss figths is limited, a fight is not a cakewalk. Why succesfull fights aren't worth any reward after 8th win? After reaching personal and alliance progression, I still play side nodes for xp and iso. But I just go on boss with some 2* or other useless team and retreat or wipe to be able to fight next side node. Is it what you want?
    I'd like to take a chalenge to fight him to death every time but it needs to be worth it. Let say 100 x round iso (or at least 50 x round), i.e. 800 or 400 iso per successfull fight against hardest boss,  would be enough for me to sacrifice my time and healthpacks.