I will skip 3*elektra pvp.....

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    It took me a while to figure out the point of BP/Thanos being a thing. Thanos is obviously powerful, but it's just not that obvious to me with BP. One point I only just realized is the whole Move or be Moved attacking when he's done being stunned as punishment for Thanos' Courth Death (I feel dumb that wasn't obvious sooner). Of course the other passive is the second big deal, since all AI has to do is match yellow. Set up the team with an expensive team up. Frustrating how more and more of the game is revolving around not doing anything.

The point of Panther is his damage after stun and his black.
    You don't plan your game around yellow.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    zodiac339 said:
    It took me a while to figure out the point of BP/Thanos being a thing. Thanos is obviously powerful, but it's just not that obvious to me with BP. One point I only just realized is the whole Move or be Moved attacking when he's done being stunned as punishment for Thanos' Courth Death (I feel dumb that wasn't obvious sooner). Of course the other passive is the second big deal, since all AI has to do is match yellow. Set up the team with an expensive team up. Frustrating how more and more of the game is revolving around not doing anything.

My own Panther is a 0/1/0, so I basically just deal with defending BPs. Can more or less ignore black since the AI seems programmed to specifically miss any relevant target. Yeah, using it, that black is probably amazing. Is it the attacker's Move or be Moved that resolves first when the stun from Court Death ends?
  • Bowgentle
    zodiac339 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    zodiac339 said:

My own Panther is a 0/1/0, so I basically just deal with defending BPs. Can more or less ignore black since the AI seems programmed to specifically miss any relevant target. Yeah, using it, that black is probably amazing. Is it the attacker's Move or be Moved that resolves first when the stun from Court Death ends?
    No, enemy panther goes first.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    BP/Thanos is only tough to beat if you actively use the weak loaner character for your attacks, and that character dies. If you're using one of your other two stronger characters to do the attacking, then you'll have a fighting chance, as long as you don't let Thanos' green go off.
    The issue isn't winning fights on offense, it's that people visible to 5* attackers will see their points drop like a rock because other players' Thanoses will be get a free shot at a 1/1/1 3*, which is tantamount to a free win. 
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Well, except that the design of the Defenders vault makes Elektra potentially un-whaleable. 
  • Bowgentle
    Well, except that the design of the Defenders vault makes Elektra potentially un-whaleable. 
    Win 3 covers in Fist PVP.
    Buy the rest.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Most will be using loaner elektra anyway so you will be in the same boat as everyone else.  I'll probably use thanos with hobo/cage/panther depending on what the other team is running.  Maybe not cage so much since I like having a black outlet with thanos.  Fist will actually be solid since match damage will kill elektra in 2 turns and fist blue into green into black will finish off the rest in most cases.  Black kind of expensive but 35k damage is solid
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just looked at my vault, 0 Elektra covers but 4 Hulk. Awesome.  So I would have to reset at 400 HP for a chance to even see any covers.  Not sure why some
    of her covers are not locked in.  Doesn't make
    sense. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't overlook that those hoarding CP can buy up her covers quickly once they have one of each. 20 per cover is pretty simple if you're already sitting on a hoard.

(I am not.)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    This isn't really that much worse than a 4* release PVP with regards to Thanos. It's 1-2 matches to kill the loaner instead of, like, 3-4.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only one 3lektra in my vault. Can you guess what my very first event token got me?! Yup, a 2*.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    A better way for them to have done this would be for her to be the fourth of the 4 Defender PvPs, and have her cover be the placement awards for the 3 preceding events..

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    jackstar0 said:
    Don't overlook that those hoarding CP can buy up her covers quickly once they have one of each. 20 per cover is pretty simple if you're already sitting on a hoard.

(I am not.)
    Yeah, if I wanted to (I don't) I could easily have her maxed for her PvP.  I got her to 2/0/1 off the 3 covers from her vault.  I could get T25 and get her to 3/1/2.  Then it's a matter of buying 7 covers for 140 CP, easily done with my 2808.

• lakanta
    lakanta Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Daiches said:
    bluewolf said:
    Hey, there's a vault with her cover in it now.  Just one, though. Not really a solution unless you whale 3*s.  Which I suppose you could do.....

The 3* is often just a speed bump anyway. This will be a good event for faster matches.  If everyone runs a 1/1/1 3*, you'll have less health to whittle down.  Be happy!

If you have any boosted 4's you'll be able to do as well as any other PVP.  No 3* bothers players with leveled Thanos, champed or not.
    You're just unlucky. I've seen vaults with up to 6 of her
    6 of them?  I have a vault which has 0 of the new 3 star and 2 of the 4 star.  Should I be asking customer support for a reset?  Isn't it supposed to be an opportunity for the new character (or will they just say I should reset it ...?).
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    I know that BP/Thanos could be defeated in 5 star land.the problem is that you need to defense to get good reward.The loaner team is just meal for thanos/ BO team.You need to spend 5 minutes  to win Thanos/BP team. Thanos /BP team only need 2 or 3 minutes to finish fight. If three is critical chance,, the battle will finish faster. So even you use shield to protect your team,it's still difficult to get good reward
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was rather stupid to not have her be in everyone's vault with at least one of each of her covers at the very minimum especially after they gave the in-game announcement that people would have a chance to get her with tokens from the pvp events. As with lakanta there are more covers of 4* Elektra in my vault than the shiny "new" 3* version. What a joke.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    broll said:
    jackstar0 said:

(I am not.)
    Yeah, if I wanted to (I don't) I could easily have her maxed for her PvP.  I got her to 2/0/1 off the 3 covers from her vault.  I could get T25 and get her to 3/1/2.  Then it's a matter of buying 7 covers for 140 CP, easily done with my 2808.

So I decided to buy a 40 pack, more because I wanted the 4*s than anything.  Ended up 56/80 having all the usable 4*s but 2, getting the LT, and getting all 3 1000 CP, so I decided to recycle the vault looking for ones that:
    1. Had unchamped 4* covers I could need (Kingpin any but yellow & Electra any but black)
    2. Had several 3* Electras.
    It ended up costing my 2000 HP to cycle 5 times till I found one that was satisfactory enough based on the top two above:
    • 3 Luke C4ge covers (Champ levels)
    • 1 Hobofist cover (Champ level)
    • 1 Purple Kingping (usable for non-champ)
    • 1 Red Electra 4* (usable for non-champ)
    • 3 Electra 3*s (Black, Purple (x2))
    In my 5 cycles I never saw more than 3 Electra 3*s, I saw two that had 0, one that had 1, and one that had 2.  It would be nice if they at least said no 0s.

If I can get all of those 3* electras and hit T25 (looks likely) I'll be 5/2/3.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha.... has anyone else noticed that if you look at the progression rewards for her event, the little image of her cover..... Her hands, the way they are placed..... I had to do a double take..... I thought they were paying homage to my name......
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    My vault contains one 4* Elektra cover and one 3* Elektra cover and I pulled one of them. That extra 2,500 ISO came in handy.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Not skipping, just... not enjoying. She really is a dead weight to carry along. At least with other recent new characters, they had some support element that came in handy even from the loaner. Mockingbird had that enemy match4 thing. Yondu had the ap destruction thing. Gamora cheap stun. Grocket strike tiles. Sandman... well... lets say stun.

Elektra does nothing to help the team she is in. Oh, shadow step. Yeah... go hide in the shadows. Not like I was saving black for IF4. Place a small red trap. Yeap! Good work! I was saving that red for LC4. Steal a strike and create 3 new ones. Wheeeeeeeeeee.
    So it's 3on3 fights with a dead weight in both teams. Excellent