I will skip 3*elektra pvp.....

CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
There will be 3*elektra pvp after 4* Ironfist PVP.  MPQ does not give us any way to get 3* elektra now( like boss fight or PVE). I can  only use 3*elektra (1/1/1) to fight Thanos BP or Thanos BB in 5 star land. It is impossible to win. MPQ should make some change for 3*elektra pvp.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    It's a stupid idea (by D3), but at least it's just off season 
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Given it's off season and just how exposed to Thanos a 3* loaner is I wonder if Demi would consider making the loaner a fully covered level 166 for a change @Brigby

otherwise the concern is valid and they'll have the shiny new totally underwhelming character release event as a washout because the 5* meta is Thanos first and last
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Its the same for everybody, is it not?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/1/1 3* or 1/1/1 Yondu, they're all Thanos fodder.

It's off-season so it will be terrible anyway.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, there's a vault with her cover in it now.  Just one, though. Not really a solution unless you whale 3*s.  Which I suppose you could do.....

The 3* is often just a speed bump anyway. This will be a good event for faster matches.  If everyone runs a 1/1/1 3*, you'll have less health to whittle down.  Be happy!

If you have any boosted 4's you'll be able to do as well as any other PVP.  No 3* bothers players with leveled Thanos, champed or not.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Hey, there's a vault with her cover in it now.  Just one, though. Not really a solution unless you whale 3*s.  Which I suppose you could do.....

The 3* is often just a speed bump anyway. This will be a good event for faster matches.  If everyone runs a 1/1/1 3*, you'll have less health to whittle down.  Be happy!

If you have any boosted 4's you'll be able to do as well as any other PVP.  No 3* bothers players with leveled Thanos, champed or not.
    You're just unlucky. I've seen vaults with up to 6 of her
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I've only got one of the 3-star Elektra covers in my vault.  I have five 3-star Hulks, though.  I must have missed him in The Defenders show.

I've also got two 4-star Punisher covers in my vault.  That would normally be good news, except they're both black, which my 5/4/2 PunMax does not need at all.

Edit - For one of the few times ever, I did a Reset Vault.  My new vault has four Elektra Covers, which would make her a 1/2/1.  For added giggles, there's 4-star Elektra as a random cover. :)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    bluewolf said:

You're just unlucky. I've seen vaults with up to 6 of her
    I just checked mine. I have two 4* Elektras in it and one 3*.
    I have a better chance of getting the 4* version than the brand new "less rare" one!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    bluewolf said:
    Hey, there's a vault with her cover in it now.  Just one, though.
    Mine had 3 and I already got all 3 with 12 pulls. 

I personally like the PvPs with new characters because I can generally use the loaner save some health packs and generally not feel disadvanted. I usually place better in those events because I have more health packs to use on the two actually doing the work. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only got one of the 3-star Elektra covers in my vault.  I have five 3-star Hulks, though.  I must have missed him in The Defenders show.
    The Defenders isn't just a TV show. The name is taken from a classic Marvel series. Dr. strange (who you might also have noticed in the vault) put together the team to deal with certain mystical/cosmic threats. The Hulk was a regular member of that group, so he belongs in the vault. Silver Surfer apparently was too, but you're not getting a 5-star in a vault. Valkyrie has also been mentioned with the classic line up, and I remember Gargoyle too. Yeah, the event's celebrating the show release, but it's also taking the opportunity to celebrate the history of the title.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 3* Electra covers in my vault, already pulled one. Don't care how bad she may be, I want everyone 2*+, eventually all 1* too
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Wait, there was a probability to get 3* Elektra in the Defenders vault?

I got a grand total of  0 (zero indeed) covers for her... What do I win for that? Is it a much coveted 'no-prize'? If so: Aw yiss!  :D
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is it any different than any of the other PvPs for new releases? At least this one is off-season.
  • zodiac339
    Borstock said:
    How is it any different than any of the other PvPs for new releases? At least this one is off-season.
    The difference isn't big for most people. Instead of happening a week after release, it's happening a few days before. That's the difference between a 1/1/1 and a 2/2/2. So it means it's slightly easier to activate Court Death. (Shrug) Yeah, one way or another, she was going to be a liability.
    Oh, forgot about covers from the follow-up PVE progression. Is the difference between 1/1/1 and 3/3/3 significant?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    The Defenders isn't just a TV show. The name is taken from a classic Marvel series. Dr. strange (who you might also have noticed in the vault) put together the team to deal with certain mystical/cosmic threats. The Hulk was a regular member of that group, so he belongs in the vault. Silver Surfer apparently was too, but you're not getting a 5-star in a vault. Valkyrie has also been mentioned with the classic line up, and I remember Gargoyle too. Yeah, the event's celebrating the show release, but it's also taking the opportunity to celebrate the history of the title.
    I've been reading a few old Dr Strange comics lately, including some of the 'original' Defenders. The first instance of the Defenders consisted of Dr Strange, Hulk, and Namor, and later they were indeed occasionally joined by Silver Surfer, but more consistently by the Black Knight and Valkyrie. Although it was more like a 'loose coalition' than a 'team'.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Borstock said:
    The difference isn't big for most people. Instead of happening a week after release, it's happening a few days before. That's the difference between a 1/1/1 and a 2/2/2. So it means it's slightly easier to activate Court Death. (Shrug) Yeah, one way or another, she was going to be a liability.
    Oh, forgot about covers from the follow-up PVE progression. Is the difference between 1/1/1 and 3/3/3 significant?
    Yeah, still feels like she was always going to be a meat shield. She just absorbs slightly less damage this way. And everyone is in the exact same boat.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    BP/Thanos is only tough to beat if you actively use the weak loaner character for your attacks, and that character dies. If you're using one of your other two stronger characters to do the attacking, then you'll have a fighting chance, as long as you don't let Thanos' green go off.
  • zodiac339
    It took me a while to figure out the point of BP/Thanos being a thing. Thanos is obviously powerful, but it's just not that obvious to me with BP. One point I only just realized is the whole Move or be Moved attacking when he's done being stunned as punishment for Thanos' Courth Death (I feel dumb that wasn't obvious sooner). Of course the other passive is the second big deal, since all AI has to do is match yellow. Set up the team with an expensive team up. Frustrating how more and more of the game is revolving around not doing anything.