Bonus hero changed or on the dry streak?

Options
Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
Hi
I can't remember what the original odds were for bonus heroes  

But it seems like ages  since I've received one  

do thongs change with vintage heroes, or am I just  having bad luck? 
Tagged:

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had a bad run 2 weeks ago where I didn't get a single one in over 50 possible pulls.  Then last week went a staggering 5 for 15.  

RNG is random.  
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled about twenty 3-star and 4-star covers from a small hoard of Elite and Heroic tokens last night, and not one Bonus Hero. But then I've had days where I've opened a daily hoard of tokens, received three or four 3-stars, and  hit a Bonus hero on every one.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be honest, 50% isn't even a sure fire thing. Flip a coin 100 times, you won't get heads and tails at 50 results each.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't even remember the last time I pulled one for a 4*. I got a 3* BH last night I think though.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    I pulled two 3*s consecutively from standard  tokens so my bonus streak looks healthy  ;)
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I get tons of 3* bonus heroes (multiple almost every day), very little outside of that. I always keep my lowest 3* favorited until they get up to 250 or so, then move on to the next one
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    I haven't seen a 3* bonus in at least a week, let alone a 4 or 5
  • Tintaiwan
    Options
    I finally got a 3 star BH.  but some wait.  Maybe if i mention how long it has been since a 4* or 5* D3 may hear and send one my way. ;)

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RNG aside, I do feel there's been some change. I only keep track by seasons, but the first 3 seasons I'd get 20+ 3* BH, but this current season and previous one I'm lucky to break 10 BHs.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    RNG aside, I do feel there's been some change. I only keep track by seasons, but the first 3 seasons I'd get 20+ 3* BH, but this current season and previous one I'm lucky to break 10 BHs.

Which just means that the good luck you had the first 3 seasons is now evening out.

Just pull enough tokens and you'll see the promised rates on 3* and 4* BHs.

5*s... yeah, don't even get me started.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've received 1 5* and 2 4*s since they were put into the game. Up until last month I was getting loads of 3*s, but now these have pretty much stopped having only received 1 in August.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3 stars BH come easy, even 5 stars but out of 41 4 stars both from heroic and LT I have not received a single bonus and I only started keeping up with it because I has not gotten a 4 star BH in forever, say what you will about odds,  statistics, and RNG something is wrong in 4 star bonus hero land.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been only pulling standard tokens, and my 3* bonus streak has been 100%, so all of y'all are wrong.

;)  :#B)
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I pulled two elites, a heroic, and an LT just now. Four bonus heroes in a row, 2 3*s, and 2 4* bonus heroes, including 2 Spider-Gwens. What are the odds of getting back to back to back to back bonus heroes with two being the same 4* character?

RNGesus is fickle.

I applied the two 3* covers and the 4* Coulson before taking the screen shot. 

• Tintaiwan
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    I've been only pulling standard tokens, and my 3* bonus streak has been 100%, so all of y'all are wrong.

;)  :#B)
    That's why I no longer hate standards.  
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm on a streak of over 120 standards without a 3*. Slightly disappointed by now but hey, RNJesus gonna RNG. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled two elites, a heroic, and an LT just now. Four bonus heroes in a row, 2 3*s, and 2 4* bonus heroes, including 2 Spider-Gwens. What are the odds of getting back to back to back to back bonus heroes with two being the same 4* character?

RNGesus is fickle.

I applied the two 3* covers and the 4* Coulson before taking the screen shot. 

Oh, hey, umm I think you got one of my Spider Gwens. She is literally the only 4* that I don't have rostered. Well, Dino too but that doesn't really count. I was looking at the ddq schedule about three weeks ago and thought "Well I've got three solid weeks to get her before she's required for behemoth burrito. Surely I'll get at least one of her by then." Opened my season pvp 10 pack. Nothin'. Opened a Mockingbird 10 pack. Nothin'. Opened another 10 pack one night because it was late and I was bored and I do really stupid things when I'm bored and have a lot of cp/hp. Nothin'. I feel like I'm living out that scene in Jurassic Park when they're trying to crack into Nedry's computer to get the systems online. "AH AH AH! You didn't say the magic word!" 

The last time, the only time, that I got a bonus 5* was the day Hawkeye was added to tokens. I got Hawkeye and a bonus OML.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3 stars BH come easy, even 5 stars but out of 41 4 stars both from heroic and LT I have not received a single bonus and I only started keeping up with it because I has not gotten a 4 star BH in forever, say what you will about odds,  statistics, and RNG something is wrong in 4 star bonus hero land.
    This. I don't expect them from LT, but dear Lord, I feel like a BH should drop at some point when pulling 4*s from heroic.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My experience is the same as others have described. I'll go days with nothing and then get 4 in 5 pulls. It's like RNG by way of Carlos Gonzalez (streaky player in baseball).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This. I don't expect them from LT, but dear Lord, I feel like a BH should drop at some point when pulling 4*s from heroic.
    They do; I've gotten a few. Obviously a lot less than from LTs because the 4* drop rate from heroics is itself pretty low.

Overall my 4* BH rate has been satisfactory. Definitely streaky, though, as is to be expected.