*** Elektra (Assassin) *** Updated (8/24/17)

Options
13»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If nothing else, I love her design.

Also her Black will be super useful in 3* land.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Not sure if it's intended or not, so I will put this here: Elektra's health is greater than Hulk at the same level. Is it due to the new character boost?
    Well, her health at 166 is 8670, Hulk has about 32% more. I would expect that ratio to stay the same at any level, boosted or no.

Keep in mind when you view a boosted character from within an event, their level in the preview page itself shows their unboosted level along with their boosted stats. So my level 68 Elektra, boosted to 166, shows level 166 stats. (which would be much better than level 68 Hulk stats, but not better than level 166 Hulk stats).
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My Elektra is level 153, boosted to 251 where she has 25k health. Hulk is boosted to 310, where he has 23.8k health.

Something is awry.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    granne said:
    My Elektra is level 153, boosted to 251 where she has 25k health. Hulk is boosted to 310, where he has 23.8k health.

Something is awry.
    Yes, that does seem high. Bug report, I guess.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having played her in The Hunt, not sure when I would ever use her Purple.  Just awful design.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Having played her in The Hunt, not sure when I would ever use her Purple.  Just awful design.
    Use her with Patch, or against Muscles. Pretty much against anyone who makes strong strike tiles.
    She is also very useful against Kaecilius, who is coming soon in Strange Sights.
    I must be an idiot but how does this help her Purple?  When she actually makes more strike tiles for the other team?  I am totally confused but have no problem being wrong.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Use her with Patch, or against Muscles. Pretty much against anyone who makes strong strike tiles.
    She is also very useful against Kaecilius, who is coming soon in Strange Sights.
    I must be an idiot but how does this help her Purple?  When she actually makes more strike tiles for the other team?  I am totally confused but have no problem being wrong.
    Mine boosted to 206, 3/5/5 steals two enemy strikes and boosts them by 76. Then creates 3 strength 19 enemy strikes. 3 X 19 = 57. So the 3 she creates is less than what she boosts 1 stolen enemy tile. And she boosts 2 of them, it's good for you in the end.

Also, as @OJSP points out, Patch and Muscles put out high strength strike tiles. So you come out way on the winning end!!!
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    She steals and strengthens enemy strike tiles, while giving them weak ones. She will also overwrite purple traps. It is a power with a drawback. You're not the only person who dislikes the power, just check the 4* Elektra character thread. It is situational, but it has its uses.

Against Kaecilius who can only be damaged by matching enemy strike tiles, she reduces the damage we take from him while giving us more ways to damage him.
    It bears noting that Kaecilius takes the same amount of damage from matching away a Strike tile regardless of how strong or weak that Strike tile happens to be. The tiles he creates are quite strong, however Elektra can take those away from him and give him weak ones in their place. This reduces the incoming damage that your team faces and provides a greater number of options for dealing damage to Kaecilius at the same time.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    She steals and strengthens enemy strike tiles, while giving them weak ones. She will also overwrite purple traps. It is a power with a drawback. You're not the only person who dislikes the power, just check the 4* Elektra character thread. It is situational, but it has its uses.

Against Kaecilius who can only be damaged by matching enemy strike tiles, she reduces the damage we take from him while giving us more ways to damage him.
    It bears noting that Kaecilius takes the same amount of damage from matching away a Strike tile regardless of how strong or weak that Strike tile happens to be. The tiles he creates are quite strong, however Elektra can take those away from him and give him weak ones in their place. This reduces the incoming damage that your team faces and provides a greater number of options for dealing damage to Kaecilius at the same time.
    Good point for specifically on Kaecilius!!! 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I wasn't sure about Lvl 166's numbers because I couldn't find anyone with those 2 characters at that level when I noticed the numbers.

From Florida's Elektra essential node and 3* characters around her level in my roster:
    Lvl 225 Elektra: 20894. Lvl 221 Groot: 14175. Lvl 226 Colossus: 14490. Lvl 228 Thanos: 16820. Lvl 270 Hulk: 18523.

I'm going to wait until she is not a new character anymore before doing anything else. I was wondering if anyone noticed something similar with Hawkguy or Starlord when they were released.
    Nope, that is definitely unusual.

OJSP said:
    Unfortunately, DDC is also actively bad against characters like Blade or Daken, who primarily about having lots of Strike tiles even if they're really weak, and may not be a good idea against characters like Sam Wilson who can really boost the strength of those tiles to meaningful levels potentially faster than you can steal them back.

I'd consider the ability to fill up purple tiles with strikes to counter Doom's traps to be a niche case at best, although presumably at least mildly effective when it comes up.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She was invaluable for me against Kaecillius today. Between her, SWitch and Falcon the job was a good un.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Elektra's health has been updated. At lvl 206, she now has 10710, the same as 3* Blade.
    Makes sense. That was just silly, before.
  • WeatherTop
    WeatherTop Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm having fun with her now that I have her champed and she's boosted. 

How exactly does shadow step work?
    I see her health bar flash green when it's activated.
    Does this mean damage is taken and an equal amount of health is restored? Or, does the health come first and then the damge? Or, is the damage truly negated and the flashing green is just a notifier for the user and some kind of programming short cut for the developer?

I'm curious if anyone has seen her downed, activate shadow step and be reborn?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The green flash is just to indicate that the damage is negated (it's not registered or deducted/regained at all). 
    So, -0- damage.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    The green flash is just to indicate that the damage is negated (it's not registered or deducted/regained at all). 
    So, -0- damage.
    Correct. You'll also see this with Spider-Woman: Seeking Redemption, and Lockjaw: Loyal Protector (if they're at the cover level where they reduce 100% damage)