*** Elektra (Assassin) *** Updated (8/24/17)

Options

Comments

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tiger Wong said:
    Am I the one person who realized that 

1) she doesn't turn only purple tiles into enemy tiles. 
    2) she doesn't turn only black tiles into trap tiles. 
    3) she deals damage along with creating a cd 

which all adds up to her not "having the exact same powers" as the 4* Elektra?

Do you really think they'd make the 3" version better than the 4* version by allowing the strike and trap tiles to go anywhere? This is why I can't believe that the powers would be different.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tiger Wong said:
    Am I the one person who realized that 

1) she doesn't turn only purple tiles into enemy tiles. 
    2) she doesn't turn only black tiles into trap tiles. 
    3) she deals damage along with creating a cd 

which all adds up to her not "having the exact same powers" as the 4* Elektra?

Do you really think they'd make the 3" version better than the 4* version by allowing the strike and trap tiles to go anywhere? 
    Uhhhh.... isn't that what the powers say?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It doesn't actually specify either way. Just says random basic tiles, it doesn't say that they are only of one color. But, it also doesn't say that they are of any color.

The third power I kind of agree with though, 4* Elektra doesn't deal damage when she places her trap. That power implies 3* Elektra will. But, 4* Elektra steals ap with that trap as well as dealing damage every turn. It doesn't appear as though 3* will.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    It doesn't actually specify either way. Just says random basic tiles, it doesn't say that they are only of one color. But, it also doesn't say that they are of any color.

The third power I kind of agree with though, 4* Elektra doesn't deal damage when she places her trap. That power implies 3* Elektra will. But, 4* Elektra steals ap with that trap as well as dealing damage every turn. It doesn't appear as though 3* will.
    Yeah, I kind of breezed past that part. Someone compared it to G4mora's red, and that sounds about right. 4* Elektra's red will deal damage each turn as long as the trap exists; 3* sounds like the damage will only last for a few turns.

And yeah, I would be surprised if 4* would be limited to the color of tiles that the traps and strikes are placed on and 3* isn't. I suppose stranger things can happen though. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow. Nice trick there d3. Random basic tiles? Not really. The red and black powers are the same as the 4* except DDC only steals strike tiles. 

What at a bunch of mistaken faith I placed in them. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red lacks the clear wording of Gamora red. I hope they work the same, and the original enemy hit continues to take damage rather than whoever's in front. If not, I would have preffered Psi Katana with better damage up front.
    It feels weird that Shadow Step damage goes down at rank 4 and 5, but it is more about the dodge than the damage.
    Purple makes me sad. So very sad. No matter how much strike tiles are preferred, limiting the steal to those was what made it bad for the 4* version. If it's to remain like that, I would love to see an added passive regarding matching enemy specials. Deal damage when matching them, or better, stealing AP from the AP pool matching the color the tile was on.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Her preview is up in the game from the f4st pvp rewards. Black traps are black. Purple strikes are purple. Don't remember anything about the red
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So the information in the preview for the versus tournament says:

Double-Double Cross: 7 purple
    • Level 1: Elektra has "defected" to the enemy team, working for them while feeding her true allies powerful information.  Elektra steals 1 enemy Strike tile, but she also converts 3 random Purple basic tiles into enemy Strike tiles of strength 6.
    • Level 2: Elektra steals 2 and now improves their strength by 11
    Shadow Step: 10 black
    • Level 1: Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows.  She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into Trap tiles.  If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a Trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 167 damage.
    • Level 2: Elektra's Trap tiles deal 239 damage.
    Crippling Blow: 9 red
    • Level 1: Elektra makes a precise strike at her opponent's weakest point.  Deal 423 damage and create a 3-turn Countdown tile which deals 50 damage to the enemy when it ticks down each turn.
    • Level 2: Deals 495 damage and creates a 3-turn Countdown tile which deals 67 damage to the enemy when it ticks down each turn.

So the purple and black look pretty much the same as 4* Elektra.  The red sounds like 4* Gamora's red, but it doesn't use the "targeted damage" wording, so the countdown could just damage the front enemy.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She's visible in-game now.  Her pink is a combination of the worst parts of 4* Elektra's pre and post-buff pink.  No 3rd tile affected and only strike tiles valid targets.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When is she getting a buff?
    she is one of the worst 3* in the game.

Heck I might take psylocke over her.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    It feels weird that Shadow Step damage goes down at rank 4 and 5, but it is more about the dodge than the damage.
    While the amount of damage per trap tile goes down, it goes from placing two traps at 3 covers to three traps at 4 covers and four traps at 5 covers. So, more dodges and more overall damage. 
  • zodiac339
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    zodiac339 said:
    While the amount of damage per trap tile goes down, it goes from placing two traps at 3 covers to three traps at 4 covers and four traps at 5 covers. So, more dodges and more overall damage. 
    True enough. Like OML or Dak3n going up in rank and making more but weaker strike tiles at a time. Say, maybe this version won't wait until the end of the turn to deal damage?
  • zodiac339
    Options

zulux21 said:
    When is she getting a buff?
    she is one of the worst 3* in the game.

Heck I might take psylocke over her.
    I've always wanted to take Psylocke.

I mean, um, I don't hate the character design. Well, except Bewilder. And her quick hitting powers were very effective with a Kamala Khan/IM40 team at clearing PVE prior to 4* transition. Recharge, Psychic Knife or two, then Strike powered Embiggened Bash. As for Elektra being one of the worst, it's too early to disagree yet. I hope the red is an improvement on Ballet of Death, because purple is a return to worse times.
  • jamesh
    Options
    She's visible in-game now.  Her pink is a combination of the worst parts of 4* Elektra's pre and post-buff pink.  No 3rd tile affected and only strike tiles valid targets.
    We don't know what the power will do with more covers.  The reworked version of 4* Elektra also only targets strike tiles with one or  two covers:

I suspect 3* Elektra is going to follow the same pattern but with toned down strength increase (e.g. it doesn't increase the strength at all with one cover).
  • zodiac339
    Options
    jamesh said:
    We don't know what the power will do with more covers.  The reworked version of 4* Elektra also only targets strike tiles with one or  two covers:

I suspect 3* Elektra is going to follow the same pattern but with toned down strength increase (e.g. it doesn't increase the strength at all with one cover).
    Ah, you didn't realize you can preview ranks. Tap on a given rank circle, and you can read the power at that rank. I'll go straight to rank 5 (level 40 numbers).
    Elektra steals 2 enemy strike tiles, improving strength by 55. Converts 3 random basic purple to enemy strike tiles strength 6.
    Rank 2 shows the most tiles you steal. All subsequent ranks increase how much you boost stolen tiles. You never steal attack or protect.
  • jamesh
    Options
    Wow.  I'd never noticed that before.  Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    (8/21/17 Update) - Added full details for abilities at base level, and her backstory.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really don't understand why they choose to go with the worst version of her purple. It didn't even work that well against fighting other 3* before she was buffed, and that was with her 4* version. What made them think that this power is going to be good with a weaker version of herself? 

Her red is also worse than her pre-buff red. It doesn't steal anything and is now a CD tile with a limited number of turn. It also doesn't follow the target but attack whoever is in front. Well, at least it can't be rewritten by Daken's passive, I guess. And the slash animation is pretty neat. 

I just wish they made her interesting and relevant and not something we just need to collect for any required nodes in the future. Hawkeye(Hawkguy)'s interesting with his black passive, making it possible to put him in a Medusa/Carnage team for those 3* -> 4* players. This Elektra just doesn't add anything interesting to the game at all :( 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako said:
    I really don't understand why they choose to go with the worst version of her purple. It didn't even work that well against fighting other 3* before she was buffed, and that was with her 4* version. What made them think that this power is going to be good with a weaker version of herself? 

Her red is also worse than her pre-buff red. It doesn't steal anything and is now a CD tile with a limited number of turn. It also doesn't follow the target but attack whoever is in front. Well, at least it can't be rewritten by Daken's passive, I guess. And the slash animation is pretty neat. 

I just wish they made her interesting and relevant and not something we just need to collect for any required nodes in the future. Hawkeye(Hawkguy)'s interesting with his black passive, making it possible to put him in a Medusa/Carnage team for those 3* -> 4* players. This Elektra just doesn't add anything interesting to the game at all :( 
    Her red isn't strictly worse; it does damage up front, which Ballet of Death has never done, to my knowledge.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like her red and the fact that it is a countdown makes he work better with a lot of characters.  I wish they had done something different with her pink power but the black is very unique in 3 star land, she will have her uses.