***** Daredevil (Matt Murdock) ***** Updated (1/4/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in Character Details
(8/24/17 Update) - Added full details for abilities at base level, his backstory, and his Marvel article.
(1/4/19 Update) - Updated full ability details to level 450.

"Blinded by a chemical spill as a child, Matt Murdock ended up with superhuman senses which allow him to see the world in a unique and powerful way. He now uses these powers to deliver justice, both as a lawyer in his own law firm, and as a vigilante at night, stalking the streets of Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil, the Man Without Fear."

yellowtilepng greentilepng purpletilepng Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
5 Star Rarity (Epic)

(Abilities listed at level 450, Power Level 5)
47,984 Health
yellowtilepng 662 | greentilepng 588 | purpletilepng 515 |  333 | bluetilepng 84 |  77 | blacktilepng 71 |  4.0x

Fighting Spirit 
(Passive) yellowtilepng
Daredevil continues fighting, even when things look bleak. At the start of the turn, if Daredevil is below 30% health, he creates a strength 412 Yellow Strike tile, then restores 612 health for each friendly Strike tile on the board (max 5 tiles)
  • (Level 2) ...strength 483 Yellow Strike tile...
  • (Level 3) ...below 40% health...restores 765 health
  • (Level 4) ...strength 612 Yellow Strike tile...
  • (Level 5) ...below 50% health...strength 718 Yellow Strike tile...restores 1165 health...
Hand-to-Hand - 11 greentilepng AP
Daredevil takes on a group of enemies, swiftly dashing between foes. Create a 5-turn Green Countdown tile that deals 1411 damage at the end of each turn. If you match it, recovers 5 Green AP. If otherwise matched or destroyed, deals 8821 damage and creates another Hand-to-Hand tile if one doesn't exist.
  • (Level 2) ...or destroyed, deals 9997 damage...
  • (Level 3) ...that deals 1646 damage at the end...recovers 6 Green AP.
  • (Level 4) ...that deals 1999 damage at the end...or destroyed, deals 11056 damage...
  • (Level 5) ...recovers 8 Green AP...or destroyed, deals 15525 damage...
Sonar Strike - 9 purpletilepng AP
Daredevil's sonar vision lets him avoid enemy attacks and strike back at their weaknesses. Converts 2 random enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles to friendly Strike tiles, then stuns the target for 1 turn(s).
(PASSIVE) When a Stunned enemy is damaged, Daredevil deals 823 damage to that enemy.
  • (Level 2) ...deals 1176 damage...
  • (Level 3) Converts 3 random enemy...
  • (Level 4) ...stuns the target for 2 turn(s). 
  • (Level 5) Converts 4 random enemy...deals 1834 damage...
Check out Daredevil (Matt Murdock) and Elektra (Assassin)'s Marvel article HERE 

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Delayed countdowns are a newish thing. First time I've really thought about how useful it could be in some pairings.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Delayed countdowns are a newish thing. First time I've really thought about how useful it could be in some pairings.
    It's also a very rudimentary description of the ability. The Marvel article will reveal some more fun details about them!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    The idea of Matt recovering health amuses me to no end. Especially as he's Netflix!Matt, who is a walking ball of scars and pain.

I'm sad that he's a 5*, but the artwork for his 3* version makes my eyes hurt, so surely this will be an improvement.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    will the recovered health be a burst or true healing?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Please don't just make a comic illustration of Charlie Cox in black.  There's so many cool Daredevil outfits and covers, I'd even prefer the I'm Not Daredevil holiday sweater.  

I would've spent my hoard on Star Lord (knowing he was bad and hoping for an eventual buff) if they went with the portrait variant as his cover.  
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    The idea of Matt recovering health amuses me to no end. Especially as he's Netflix!Matt, who is a walking ball of scars and pain.

Maybe the power will be themed around a visit to Claire 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm so sad about this news. Wish he was a 4*. Wish he, Luke, Danny (and Jessica) were all in the same tier.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    They're all in 3* land. Maybe you can hope for a 5/3* Jessica combo to complete things? 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    I have what I hope the rest of the community thinks is a good question. If Daredevil is blind, why can't he target invisible enemies???? Isn't every enemy invisible to him???
    This is a really good point. This should absolutely be an ability of his. He should also be able to see enemy trap tiles.
    granne said:

Maybe the power will be themed around a visit to Claire 
    This was my guess when I was considering if 4* Yondu would be Jessica Jones and I saw his heal ability. I can't see what else it would be if this is the Netflix Matt Murdock variant.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Milk Jugz said:
    I have what I hope the rest of the community thinks is a good question. If Daredevil is blind, why can't he target invisible enemies???? Isn't every enemy invisible to him???
    This is just like wondering why 3* DD couldn't remove traps tiles with his purple despite it making so much sense. Sometimes the devs don't really "get" it.
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Milk Jugz said:

Well that depends on the source of invisibilty, doesn't it? So let's look at the characters with invisibility powers:

ProfX: He hides his presence from the minds of others, I don't see (hah) why he shouldn't be able to do that with DD.
    IW: Hmm. Some sort of light bending thing I think, so not sure if this would have an impact on DD, depends on how his perception works I guess. Ambiguous I'd say.
    Howard: Well he just hides between a lot of other ducks, if other heroes can't discern which duck he is, DD probably can't either.
    BSS: Shadowy acrobatics won't work on DD, he should not be invisible to DD.
    AV: His cover fire makes his allies invisible, so it's not real invisibilty, is it? The hail of bullets or whatever makes targeting them impossible apparently. Again, if other heroes can't work around this, neither can DD. Colossus and Jean seem unimpressed by bullets though...

Any invisibiliters I'm forgetting?
    P.S.        ^       this is not a real word, I know, I just think it's funny.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prof X - agreed.
    IW - DD should not be affected by invisibility. However, he might be confused by her forcefield shape which would "look" like a blob to him.
    Howard - DD also has other heightened senses which he can use to identify individuals, so he should be able to ID Howard.
    BSS - Agreed.
    AV - This should be more effective against DD as all that flying lead will mess up his radar sense even more!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    RemcoLoki said:
    Milk Jugz said:

Well that depends on the source of invisibilty, doesn't it? So let's look at the characters with invisibility powers:

ProfX: He hides his presence from the minds of others, I don't see (hah) why he shouldn't be able to do that with DD.
    IW: Hmm. Some sort of light bending thing I think, so not sure if this would have an impact on DD, depends on how his perception works I guess. Ambiguous I'd say.
    Howard: Well he just hides between a lot of other ducks, if other heroes can't discern which duck he is, DD probably can't either.
    BSS: Shadowy acrobatics won't work on DD, he should not be invisible to DD.
    AV: His cover fire makes his allies invisible, so it's not real invisibilty, is it? The hail of bullets or whatever makes targeting them impossible apparently. Again, if other heroes can't work around this, neither can DD. Colossus and Jean seem unimpressed by bullets though...

Any invisibiliters I'm forgetting?
    P.S.        ^       this is not a real word, I know, I just think it's funny.
    Miles. Camouflage. I doubt DD cares about camo.
    Boss Venom. I don't even know how that one works. He can obscure himself from Spidey Sense, but invisibility?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually does Hawkguy/5* Hawkeye have an invisibility power with his smoke arrow? It's been a while since I got that far with his blue so can't remember if it is protect tiles or invisible?
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Can't believe I forgot Miles, I just champed him...but yeah, no dice.
    And bosses don't count ;)
    Hawkeye's last arrow is indeed smoke bomb/invisibility, good call. But that shouldn't work on DD, it's just smoke...
    And the duck...I mean no one can apparently tell the difference between a regular duck and a naked Howard, so why should DD? Maybe we should call in an expert...@Duckyo:)

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh yeah. His fifth or sixth arrow? One sec... seventh. Scrolling through powers was a nice addition.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't take a screenshot right now, but there's a FB mobile ad for the game that has a pic of him in it. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Borstock said:
    I can't take a screenshot right now, but there's a FB mobile ad for the game that has a pic of him in it. 
    I got you covered

https://m.imgur.com/pSf0CSf

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    That be the one.