***** Daredevil (Matt Murdock) ***** Updated (1/4/19)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    any idea how DD sonar strike passive and BP panther’s prey ability (black) stack?

will DD sonar strike ability double dip on BP black? 
    Hmm, it looks like it should. Like Imaginaut, it should do its damage seperately of any other damage instead of acting like some kind of strike tile. That said, with a 0/2/0 Panther, I have no direct experience (going to be so bad when he’s required). Spirit of Wakanda should also do that when it procs.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    any idea how DD sonar strike passive and BP panther’s prey ability (black) stack?

will DD sonar strike ability double dip on BP black? 
    Tested it, appears to be working.

Most of those extra damage abilities are working with sonar strike right now.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    It's really entertaining to see the Sonar strike damage come up after a stunned enemy takes damage.  There are times where it doesn't and I assume it's just added in the initial total.  Not a big deal in scl 8 where guys still fall quickly, but there are times where I'm wondering if it didn't work. 

2 specific instances:
    Using 3* Punisher's aoe on a stunned enemy, I didn't see the sonar tick 
    Using 4* Gamora's red on a stunned enemy didn't show a sonar tick for the initial damage, but the end of turn damage from her red does trigger sonar.  
    I'll keep a pen and paper out next time and see if I can confirm.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Well, 5* Daredevil is now my main go-to character when up against certain Dark Avengers. Of course he is good overall, but in the following cases he can be even better:

Daken: Damage me when you get just 5 blue? Thanks! Now I can heal while producing strong strike tiles. You added green to the board too? Cool.

Ares: And thank you for the Onslaught damage, I needed yet more strikes on the board. Oh, and the green AP was kind of you.

Bullseye: It seems like every time I match purple you create an annoying protect tile. Welp, I guess I'll just stun you and flip those into more strike tiles. Here's some extra damage to make up for the trouble.

Moonstone: Uh oh, how did she get all that purple AP already? The audacity of warping my passively-created strike tile into a corner! 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Is there a general consensus on best default build?

I feel like you want Rank 5 in Yellow (since it's a significant improvement across threshold, Strike tile strength, and healing compared to even Rank 4) and Rank 5 in Green for the increased AP returned via friendly match, but that leaves the stun from Purple at only 1 turn rather than 2.

I feel like I'm leaning towards 5/4/4.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    @DrDevilDinosaur

I default him to 5/3/5, I usually run him with BB who has a better green power. Sometimes I'll run him 5/4/4, never 5/5/3 though- he's all about that passive stun damage and strike tile generation.
  • DrDevilDinosaur

Thanks!

I had forgotten that the Passive damage from Purple jumps up from Rank 4 to 5, so I can definitely see now that 5/3/5 would be the best build most of the time.

• Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I really like DD on offense where I can start him at 50% health, but I'm curious what people think of him on defense.

The few time I've attacked into him, he's felt like a giant punching bag. His mechanics are very conditional and can't really be played by the AI.

While he's above 50% Yellow doesn't do anything, so you leave him above the threshold until you have a nuke ready to bring him down the minute you hit the threshold.

Purple is pretty hindered on defense because the AI can't target and stunned characters go to the back after one turn, so you don't get much out of the passive. I suppose the tile conversion and stun is still okay.

Green, I doubt anyone is going to intentionally match into it. So unless they get unlucky and trigger a 4-match on it, or it's the absolute last match, It's essentially a really expensive attack tile. 

For those deep into 5* tier, do you find DD teams have a big target on their back? 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Sandmaker

Any team that does not include Gambit has the biggest of big targets on their back....... Take it from me.....
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sandmaker said:
    I really like DD on offense where I can start him at 50% health, but I'm curious what people think of him on defense.

The few time I've attacked into him, he's felt like a giant punching bag. His mechanics are very conditional and can't really be played by the AI.

While he's above 50% Yellow doesn't do anything, so you leave him above the threshold until you have a nuke ready to bring him down the minute you hit the threshold.

Purple is pretty hindered on defense because the AI can't target and stunned characters go to the back after one turn, so you don't get much out of the passive. I suppose the tile conversion and stun is still okay.

Green, I doubt anyone is going to intentionally match into it. So unless they get unlucky and trigger a 4-match on it, or it's the absolute last match, It's essentially a really expensive attack tile. 

For those deep into 5* tier, do you find DD teams have a big target on their back? 

I'd probably put Daredevil at around the same threat rating as Phoenix. It usually goes well attacking them both, but if you aren't careful they can mess you up big time. I certainly don't back down from fighting DD, but he's not as big a target as some of the other fivestars. Probably mid-tier for PvP defense.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    So I have DD fully covered and slowly bringing his level up as I work on other 5's, only Thanos is champed so far. 
    With him boosted in the HoD event I've only run into two 'challenges':

> With DD not high enough yet, it can a bit of an issue with Thanos since some PVE nodes can end too quickly and DD is at risk of getting KO'd by the Court Death team damage. Sometimes I stretch out the match just so that DD can heal a bit more. I know, what a problem, but..

> Sometimes DD heals too quickly and at the start of the next match he's at 50% health and makes no strikes. Sure you can try to get him hit by a goon CD, but is it worth the extra effort/delay?

Admittedly these aren't that big of problems to face of course, but does anyone run DD with Carnage? 

I'm about to champ Carnage finally since he's one of my last 8 classic 4's to do. With the little testing I've done it seems a great way to keep DD getting hit by the enemy attack tiles that are created each turn, and then he heals and produces a strike each turn potentially as well. 
    DD tanks all of his colors of course, and you don't have to worry about the team damage from Carnage's red since DD will just heal again (unless your 3rd ally should avoid this). Attack tiles in general are great with DD's stun-added damage, plus the strikes adding in. 

For a 3rd here I've tested with Wasp, Mr. F, Yondu, for the color spread, but I'm looking forward to Nico regardless of the overlap in purple. She will buff all those attacks each turn (if you have more), and can heal if you want the protects - you might not if you can keep DD in front. I know Medusa always plays well with Carnage but meh. Other ideas for a 3rd?
    -I'm mostly asking about 4*s, but running half-dead Thor with these two has been amazing-
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    My DD is 5/3/4. I had great success pairing him with Carnage when the latter was boosted recently. As a third, I ended up using Punisher - mostly for the passive component of his Blue. A 25% increase on those Strike tiles from DD really helps end things fast
  • LordRayne
    LordRayne Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Does DD's stun not work without enemy special tiles on the board now?
  • Quebbster
    LordRayne said:
    No, you can still stun an enemy without converting any tiles. At least I was able to the other day. Did you maybe try to stun an unstunnable enemy? One of the Civil War bosses perhaps?
  • LordRayne
    LordRayne Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Quebbster said:
    LordRayne said:
    No, you can still stun an enemy without converting any tiles. At least I was able to the other day. Did you maybe try to stun an unstunnable enemy? One of the Civil War bosses perhaps?
    I think you’re right.  
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    So, my dd is now 3/5/4 , is it worth leveling him to lvl 435?

Or is he not that great without 5 in yellow. My other champ 5s are gambit, bolt, oml and gg.

Kp is at 301, both he and bulls are bh, but could be a while until I get the last covrr for dd.
  • Quebbster

Or is he not that great without 5 in yellow. My other champ 5s are gambit, bolt, oml and gg.

Kp is at 301, both he and bulls are bh, but could be a while until I get the last covrr for dd.

He's not as good with suboptimal healing, that is true, but his Purple can be pretty mean too. If you run him with OML you have Another source of strike tiles that lets him get a head start on his healing. You are not going to wreck your MMR leveling him (I Think), so if you have the ISO to spare I see no real disadvantage to leveling him early.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards

His healing at 3 yellow is fine, he has to dip a little lower (50% vs 40%), he heals slightly less and the strikes tiles are not as strong. It's still a great power even at 3 but its more risky.

His purple will give you 2 turns of stun too, green is good as well at 5 covers.

Level him, you wont waste iso with him and he's gonna save you plenty of health packs in the long run.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Thank you both. I leveled him, haven't had the chance to take him for a spin yet
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I have him champed at 5/3/5. I use him all the time with 4 star Gamora. Her stun is super cheap and that is great with the extra damage he does with a stunned enemy. 

Who else do you all use with him?