Montreal studio closing

Options
ipapotihus
ipapotihus Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
I just heard the hibernium montreal studio is closing. Will this affect the game?

Comments

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Gonna need a little more to buy into this.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. This may be very bad news for the game. Maybe @Brigby or @LakeStone could comment on this.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    Also, the government contribution mentioned in the gamztube.com post happened in 2014: http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/hibernum-creates-a-partnership-with-investissement-quebec-516370271.html
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Yes, Hibernum's studio is closing today.

In the long term, the game will not be affected much, as we are working with a trusted team of engineers and programmers to keep the future vision of the game alive. In the short term though, some features may be delayed as we transition to the new team. 

Please find our official announcement HERE 
  • Marcel
    Marcel Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Yes, Hibernum's studio is closing today.

In the long term, the game will not be affected much, as we are working with a trusted team of engineers and programmers to keep the future vision of the game alive. In the short term though, some features may be delayed as we transition to the new team. 

Please find our official announcement HERE 
    As long as the game remains alive, take the time to polish those new features and warn us if the game will die so it's not as devastating as it will be. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some features delayed?  Let me guess...Booster Crafting?
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Perhaps you all will now listen to our pleas in regards to micro-transactions, collectability of cards, and the overall cost of cards.  Honestly, you could probably get me for $20-$50 every week or two if it wasn't such a rip off. At $100 for 3000 crystals that get you 10 premium packs I spend exactly nothing on this game.  Even cards I want I rarely buy because $40 is so steep.  Stop trying to harpoon whales and make the game affordable for the masses!
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    Only the developer is changing; D3 is still the producer. If @LakeStone wasn't listening to you before, @babar3355, I doubt he'll start now. I admire your commitment to the fight, but it's an uphill battle.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options

Well assuming D3 didn't fleece them on the contract, it seems fair to say that profitability under the current model is not through the proverbial roof. 

I will keep fighting as long as I have breathe in my body to get these hard-heads to listen to people who understand the community way better than they do.  Or at least as long as the app is installed =)

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Closing this thread, as the official announcement thread is HEREPlease continue the discuss there. Thank you!*
This discussion has been closed.