The Drop is Very Very WORSE

Boratdi
Boratdi Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Hello.
With the latest update the drop of the cards is a ****. Every time the drop is worse. The cardss are repeated one and eight times.
People like me, with hundred hours of play, cannot complete or found the cards to complete the collections.

Is it possible to improve the drop of the missing letters in the collections?

Thx

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

Booster crafting is still in development, so I don't see any adjustments being made to drop rates in the meantime.

I also don't think drop rates have gotten worse.  They were always lousy.

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

Well, evidence does not suggest that they changed drop rates. 

Check out historical drop rates here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUeuf0BcOlNHpt3dA7SQ838ws7AOlWMEz-4AAG2dYrE/edit#gid=545160007

But yes, the drop rates are tinykitty as you so elegantly stated.  And it is 100% impossible to collect a full set.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I think they got better with HOU. I have more combined mythics and masterpieces than I do from AKH and they haven't even dropped all of the cards yet.  Also I bought 3 of my AKH mythics and have only bought one from the new set. In the last 7 days I pulled a new mythic and 2 rares from 1-card boosters, a masterpiece and rare felt the same event reward booster and several other rares from free packs. Unfortunately many of those were dupes, but I expect that from any game where RNGesus takes the wheel. 
  • Ciotog
    Ciotog Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    I'm pretty sure RNGesus was just being nice to you.  Or maybe just mean to me.  I've yet to get a mythic in HOU (not counting the one I got because of the mistake free elite pack). And not a single masterpiece in either set.  If I wasn't so stingy and was willing to buy more exclusive cards I might have more than 7 mythics from the new sets.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @bken1234, yes you've just been favored by RNGesus. Not sure what you did or what human sacrifice did the trick but there is no evidence that it is generally better for everyone.
  • bk1234
    Ciotog said:
    I'm pretty sure RNGesus was just being nice to you.  Or maybe just mean to me.  I've yet to get a mythic in HOU (not counting the one I got because of the mistake free elite pack). And not a single masterpiece in either set.  If I wasn't so stingy and was willing to buy more exclusive cards I might have more than 7 mythics from the new sets.
    @Ciotog I have some dupes that If like to give you -- they need to make trading happen. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    @bken1234 trading would indeed totally fix the dupe issue. Even "gifting" like other games would fix it. Instead we will wait for "booster crafting". 
  • babar3355
    I would love a trading system but I don't think that's what D3 would ever consider.  Unless its like MTGO where we never get free stuff but have to pay for everything.  Otherwise they would really kill the necessity of anyone spending anything.. or worse yet, spending money to buy it from a 3rd party bot!
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    bken1234 said:
    I think they got better with HOU. I have more combined mythics and masterpieces than I do from AKH and they haven't even dropped all of the cards yet.  Also I bought 3 of my AKH mythics and have only bought one from the new set. In the last 7 days I pulled a new mythic and 2 rares from 1-card boosters, a masterpiece and rare felt the same event reward booster and several other rares from free packs. Unfortunately many of those were dupes, but I expect that from any game where RNGesus takes the wheel. 
    Well you must be taking mine. I have ZERO HOU mythics and I have purchased 10 PP.  Just how many more do I need to purchase before I finally get one. Also used all of my boosters from rewards and still none.   This pisses me off the most about this game. I am even starting to think getting no mythics is worse than getting dupes. 
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Opened 10 card packs the other day. No mythics, no rares, all dupes. Fun times. 
  • bk1234
    I opened 26 hoarded Kaladesh packs in my alt yesterday, 8 rares and 2 mythics. 
  • babar3355
    I opened 50 AKH packs... 10 rares, all dupes no Mythics
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    I opened 26 hoarded Kaladesh packs in my alt yesterday, 8 rares and 2 mythics. You sound madder than a hatter :wink:
  • Dave808
    bken1234 said:
    Is there a purpose to hoarding packs like this? I've seen a bunch of people that do it and I'm curious if there is a reason or just personal preference. Me personally, I never do it. I'm just too impatient and want that instant gratification. 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    I don't believe the drops are worse but I do wonder why I have six dupes of Cartouche of Zeal yet haven't been able to pull one Cartouche of Solidarity.

On the positive, I opened two AKH boosters today that I had from the recent event and got two new rares and two new uncommons.
  • bk1234
    Dave808 said:
    bken1234 said:
    Is there a purpose to hoarding packs like this? I've seen a bunch of people that do it and I'm curious if there is a reason or just personal preference. Me personally, I never do it. I'm just too impatient and want that instant gratification. 
    We hoard packs because exclusive cards are released when a set changes. Yesterday I pulled Rishkar's Expertise which was not lootsble when it's set was current. 
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    They aren't released after their "exclusive" sale ends? We have to wait until the next set?
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    There are waves where new cards are released over time. The final wave are the ultra exclusive cards that do come when the new set hits. 
  • Dave808
    bken1234 said:
    Dave808 said:
    bken1234 said:
    We hoard packs because exclusive cards are released when a set changes. Yesterday I pulled Rishkar's Expertise which was not lootsble when it's set was current. 
    Interesting, good to know. Thanks. 
  • babar3355
    They aren't released after their "exclusive" sale ends? We have to wait until the next set?

Correct... exclusives become available when the new set arrives, not once the sale ends.  Same with exclusives won in events (which seems to be a thing of the past).