Trial by Combat - worst PvP?

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm nominating Trial by Combat as the worst (as in, most frustrating) PvP event.

I know RNG is RNG, but repeatedly, whenever I use her green, it tends to obliterate the 1 black and 2 yellow the opposing team doesn't have any active powers in, leaving the red nuke and green AoE free to go off.  But when used against me, it almost always takes out the AP pool I need most.  And since Cage was in 75% of the matches, firing off powers prematurely gave a devil's bargain - incite a powerful protect you may not be able to match or steal, or lose the AP and and not fire the power at all.  It's a perfect deterrent scenario.

I can't say it's the hardest PvP.  I was still able to win matches, but they dragged on forever with all the draining and stealing.  If I'd been trying for 900, I doubt I could've made it.  With matches that long you're just begging to get tripled.

Who's worse than Shulk as a compulsory character?  Maybe C&D, with constant popping in and out of animations?  Hood, slowing AP accumulation to a crawl?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hood isn't too bad, since your Hood cancels theirs as far as AP stealing goes.

I think the worst was probably Capt Marvel since simple 5* match damage would trigger her AP gain.  So you'd have to stun her first or something and that was a giant pain.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos for HPack usage.  (Blade less so.) Kahn for heals left and right.  Shulk is probably worse, but those aren't great either.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's definitely in the least favorite category along with Thanos, Dr. Strange, Falcon (especially since the rework) Luke Cage and Sentry.  

She Hulk makes for very slow matches and I find myself taking her out first which is not my usual MO.  Usually the 3* gets left for last.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it was a super annoying event, and I totally agree that it seemed like the AI would destroy the most crucial AP I needed without fail, yet when I would fire my green, it would rarely destroy AP the AI needed to fire a major power. I did make it to 900, but it was pretty brutal. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And I'm pretty sure the ai magics green ap......
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got to 900 without too much trouble, but matches took an age. I had decent boosted 4*s, though, so I actually enjoyed it more than the last few where I didn't.

That is not saying much, come to think of it.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That She Hulk was a pain... green always stealing my best covers.
    After some time i found some useful combos (passive based team without need for colors or IM40 + 4* Cage) but still - huge pain.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Good news - She Hulk's Furious Charge prevented the opposing Teen Jean from blasting your entire team for 7K+ with her green.

Bad news - She Hulk's Furious Charge prevented your Teen Jean from blasting their entire team for 7K+ by draining your green.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    granne said:
    I got to 900 without too much trouble, but matches took an age. I had decent boosted 4*s, though, so I actually enjoyed it more than the last few where I didn't.

That is not saying much, come to think of it.
    I agree, I made it to 900 also, but it was the sloggiest of slogs EVER! I ran MrF and C4ge. Plenty of protect tiles to keep my team alive for the long matches, but it took FOR-E-VER
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Welcome to made man
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you're running Cage, Made Man is just fine.

Actually it's a pain in the backside, but it seems just fine compared to Trial by Combat.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Second only to Iron Fist's event, imo. That boosted attack tile is a pain.

Carol is a good suggestion. The better your roster, the more annoying she gets.

Strange's health is low enough to take him out first and fast.. Thanos' court death isn't too bad and can be avoided with a well timed AoE.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's annoying. I think Daken's event is worse.
    (Oh wait, someone matched green? Resolve-Resolve-Resolve-Resolve-Resolve-Resolve)
  • Milk Jugz
    edited August 2017
    Options
    spectator said:
    Welcome to made man
    I'm actually enjoying made man. My vision is one of my higher level 3*, I think my first 3* champ. So he tanks 3-4 colors, depending on my team. Making his blue actually viable, and as my only red user, his red is a pretty decent AoE (almost 8.5k).
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    (Oh wait, someone matched green? Resolve-Resolve-Resolve-Resolve-Resolve-Resolve)
    Actually, I like Dakens event. Anytime I can use Medusa, it's a good time. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pre-fix falcon was the worst!

Now shulk is probably on the short list.  Along with vision and quicksilver [edit:] and sentry!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I disagree with what some have said here, I make green denial a priority, I don't ignore it. Also I fire all my powers as soon as AP is available instead of waiting. Very annoying PvP, I agree
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FokaiHI said:
    Dormammu said:
    Actually, I like Dakens event. Anytime I can use Medusa, it's a good time. 
    Those turns must take 3 hours.  ;)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, we're on a roll here.
    Shulk into Vision into Sentry.

Hopefully next season will start with Hulk and Rags so we won't see all of those PVPs for a few months.