Mindless Ones!

2»

Comments

• TiberiusKhan
    TiberiusKhan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    4 Cage, 4 Carol, and Wasp make short work of them.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    The irony of complaining about a lack of variety in enemies right after complaining about how the enemies are too difficult because you didn't adapt to one-trick-pony
    My first post was an observation. My second post was a complaint. I didn't say they were too difficult, I said they took longer than the symbiotes and can be a nuisance.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    For the protect tile mindless ones, I've been using Brock venom, elektra, and 3* Hawkeye. Let them buff the protects a couple times and it still only counts as 1 against you. Let Electra steal them and you are doing tons of damage against them. Hawkeye helps fuel purple for Electra, as well as fire of tons of arrows. 
    I also tried stealing the protects with 3* starlord, then switching them to strikes with wasp. 
    I agree that the variety isn't there, but it's kinda nice having almost no tile movers to let you play around with strategy 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Can you imagine how ridiculously hard this sub would have been under the old scaling rules?  I would have been fighting 440 mindless vs 330 mindless.  That sub would have been a 15hp event
    I was thinking the exact same thing the whole end grind.
    This would have been so bad, worst PVE sub in the whole game.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    This sub took me quite a bit longer than the first one. I also got bored from fighting the same minions over and over again. Gotta try if Loki is really that helpful, more concerned about clearing speed. 
    My team is Bl4de, 3Strange and IM40. Two possible scenarios: Enough red on the board to create beefy strike tiles each turn, boosting Strange's revenge beam to ludicrous numbers or fire off that recharge and crank out 3000 damage each turn with Bloodlust on top of that. Even better if you can create some strike tiles before the recharge. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I've been running C4ge, RiRi and 3* Strange.

Strange wears em down with the non-stop crossfire, AND in the it took me way too long to realize this category can cleans the Protect/Attack tiles if you can't reach them in the corner.

C4ge prevents most of the damage (just gotta wait for them to lay down a couple of CD tiles so he can get his protect ones down), has a powerful yellow punch, and I've been letting RiRi's blue powerup his even more powerful red. In a pinch, she can send them airborne.

My longest node has taken 10 minutes - unfortunately that was this morning when I woke up 10 minutes late to do my end-of-sub grinds, but that one still would have taken 4 to 5 minutes to clear.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Boosted Strange + Boosted Gamora + 4* R&G has made this the easiest PVE I've had in a WHILE, actually. I'm blowing right through these guys. Strange's Flames of Faltine is doing, like, 3500+ damage thanks to R&G's sword tiles, and since minions don't make matches, I never worry about them getting cleared away.

The MO's CAN be a small pain when their tiles get buried--and I actually started off 0-4 (OH FOR FOUR!) on the rental node to start the event where I couldn't use Strange or R&G--but all-in-all, I've been a big fan of this event because I'm ripping through it at my best pace ever. 
    I actually lost that one too. It made me laugh because I don't think I've ever lost one of those before. On the second time I made pretty fast work of them.

I'm using Strang3, R4G and 3* Star Lord. Collect purples and blues while not matching away your strike tiles. Strange and R4G will rip them apart. Steal tiles with SL's purple. Throw down a stun from Strange to add on some extra damage while keeping one out of action for a few turns.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I think it worked better as one-off special events back when it was first run. As a normal PVE, with 5 clears for full progression, it's just tedious.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    As others have mentioned, boosted Strang3, among others, definitely helps. But that opening required characters node (2* Storm, 3* Gamora, Winter Soldier) is just brutal. Aside from Gamora's cheap red, every other power is expensive.

I feel like I got incredibly lucky with my end grind. It may have been my initial clear, or the first time trying to clear at the start of my end grind, but I had to retreat because I just could not collect enough AP or clear away the special/CD tiles.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    Medusa
    Iron 4ist
    C4ge

Elektra 5/3/5
    Iron F4st
    C4ge
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    For me, this is no more or less tedious than the usual 45 clears per day.

If they want to do something about it, they can remove the animations taking up 75% of the play time.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teen Jean, St4r Lord, and Scarlet Witch for every node you can.  Two boosted AoE that do 8K damage?  Piece of cake.  Star Lord's red does a huge amount, since there are *always* yellow countdown tiles around.  So far, I've only been hit by one of the Mindless One's green tiles...because SW's countdown tile became part of a match three straight turns while I was sitting on 7 purple AP.
  • exirabit
    exirabit Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    So, all of the teams mentioned for handling these are 3/4*. What is the suggestion if you are firmly in 2/3* land?  I mean strang3 is a no brainer, but what 2s are there that can back him up if you dont have IF or Cage etc?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    exirabit said:
    So, all of the teams mentioned for handling these are 3/4*. What is the suggestion if you are firmly in 2/3* land?  I mean strang3 is a no brainer, but what 2s are there that can back him up if you dont have IF or Cage etc?
    In 2-star land, I'd probably go with some combination of the following:
    • Daken - True healer, strikes to boost Strang3's damage.
    • Moonstone - Steal those special tiles away!
    • Black Widow - Delay those countdown tiles, and some healing.
    • Cap - Overwrite the countdown/special tiles with his Red/Blue abilities.
    In 3-star Land, focus on true healers like Patch, Daken and Rocket and Groot.  Thanos might be nice if you have a lot of health packs.  She Hulk is nice to drain their AP, and she can also steal one or two of their special tiles, depending on what level you have her blue at.  Loki to turn those attack/protect tiles into your specials.
  • exirabit
    exirabit said:
    Best all 2* team ... Thor Stormneto.
    Agreed for lots of content, but for these guys who get up to 8k hp, that team just doesnt have the staying power. One countdown tile that hits the team and storm is toast :(
  • exirabit
    edited August 2017
    Just fired up my alt and cleared sub in CL7 with Thor Stormneto. No problem.

Let a CD resolve? a SIX-turn CD??? Pro-tip: Don't do that.

Target windstorms at owner of most threatening CD. Use all green not for storm calls, but for lightning strikes.

This alt has 10 3*s champed. A 2* player would be playing CL6 at most, or CL5. No sweat.

Another team that's old reliable (but slow as christmas) is 2cap OBW with 2BE, Cmags, or CStorm  as 3rd.

If you can sneak in some 3s, the option really start multiplying. OBW Rogers Falcon, Witch GSBW CStorm, IM40 Rogers Khan, etc, adnauseum.

Huh, I might have to try this. I'm in CL6 right now and have been doing it with a champed Strang3 (my only 3* champ), Dakken 2 and patch. It works great as long as you can clear out the early strike tiles and dont let too many of the countdowns by. But sometimes that team just doesnt have enough juice towards the end when the mindless ones hit lvl 200 and those strike tiles are hitting for 1k+ per turn. Its particularly bad when one of the mindless dies and the others sometimes stop casting stuff while their countdowns are ticking over.

Storm's stun might just be the thing to get around that...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teen Jean, Coulson, Switch

Felt like I was cheating. Barely even had to pay attention.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I been using a fun team im calling "Love & Rockets": strange(natch)+Hawkguy+ Spider-Woman
    Clint fuels a constant stream of purp, more than enough for JessiD to remove everything on the board
    I have her red at 5 which gives you a big enough nuke and stun,
    I sometimes shoot arrows, sometimes freeze down with Dr.

For 2/3: use(and request, always request) TU's constantly
     Loki, starbum, Mooney let you gaffle their boosted special tiles
    OBW,bagman let you prolong the timers
    cap'n, falcon- overwrite their countdowns
    Bullseye (yelena!)turns their specials against themselves and with strange and falcon can really boost the passive burn
    jughead and hulk shaking the board-2*marvel yellow does a good job as well

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whenever someone asks about a 2-star team, the only guy I can ever think of is Ares. That guy is nothing short of awesome for that tier and outperforms a lot of 3-stars. Just put some black, blue and purple with him.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

I couldn't use the Winter Soldier cover and didn't have time for 5 clears/node, so I dropped to CL6 to screw around.  With boosted 3* Gamora, boosted 3* Star Lord and 3* Rocket & Groot, I had a thematically appropriate team which handled the mindless ones pretty well.  As long as they didn't have an attack tile out, I actually found myself waiting for their purples to resolve so that Star Lord could steal more powerful tiles.  Quite a satisfying number of matches ended with: R&G's blue resolving, firing Gamora's black, firing SL's purple and call in Milano for the win. 

Granted, I admit I was screwing around and not going for speed, but I had fun on my way to 8CP this event...