Mindless Ones!

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I had forgotten what a nuisance these guys are, and how long they can take to defeat - especially when their fortified yellow defense tiles get buried in a corner with no other yellow tiles within a mile. It took me 45 minutes to clear sub one in Honor Among Thieves, and tonight it took me 90 minutes in sub two. Yikes.

Thank Stan Lee for boosted Doc Strange and Teen Jean. Without them it would've taken me even longer and I would have been one tinykitty'd tinnykitty. 

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    I sent an under covered 5* team just for a lark against them (full rainbow) and I got wiped out since they did that hide the special attack tile in the corner trick and kept boosting it along with their shield. This event really can't be done at the 3*/4* level with out consuming health packs if you don't have a fully covered Strange.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    P.S. Do the developers hate us? Do they have any idea how BORING ten nodes of the exact same enemy is to clear? I just slaughtered 10 x 3 x 4 Mindless ones. That's 120 Mindless ones! Can't they give us a little variety in PvE???
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Dormammu said:
    Can't they give us a little variety in PvE???

Sure they can give us our beloved Simulator event with just dark avengers. /sacrasm

I'm quite satisfied with a PVE that doesn't consume health packs because Juggs is boosted and will take half your health because he has a 6 AP power and some goon giving him 3 AP in green and red every turn.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    P.S. Do the developers hate us? Do they have any idea how BORING ten nodes of the exact same enemy is to clear? I just slaughtered 10 x 3 x 4 Mindless ones. That's 120 Mindless ones! Can't they give us a little variety in PvE???
    The variety is in what teams you take to deal with them.  Lots of characters can easily neutralize those tiles.  In 4* land you have Medusa who steals them with Hair Meddle, Gwenpool who can destroy them with sploits, Quake who can burst them with her blue power,  Antman who steals them with his blue power, Howard the Duck who can remove them with Bill of Rights, War Machine who can remove them with Heat Signature Detection, Teen Jean who can Mind over Matter them away, Drax with the Destroyer.  Then you have the targeted damage guys like CHulk, Thing, X-Force Wolverine etc.  

Plenty of options in 3* land and even in 2* land as well.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strang3 and C4ge are both boosted. I think this was actually the first time I've gone through all seven clears around the Sub Flip without using a single Health Pack.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strang3, C4ge and IF, beautiful synergy. Still I also feel it a bit trite and wish it was over.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I was having major problems with them until I used a team of Medusa, Carnage and 4* Cage. Then it was a breeze
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I had forgotten what a nuisance these guys are, and how long they can take to defeat - especially when their fortified yellow defense tiles get buried in a corner with no other yellow tiles within a mile. It took me 45 minutes to clear sub one in Honor Among Thieves, and tonight it took me 90 minutes in sub two. Yikes.

Thank Stan Lee for boosted Doc Strange and Teen Jean. Without them it would've taken me even longer and I would have been one tinykitty'd tinnykitty. 
    Eddie Venom reduces enemy protect tiles to 1
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    I was using Medusa Strange and Mordo (all champed) but I feel like even 3* cap should be good enough. If you get either of his powers going, you're golden.

Loki with Ironfist, use IF's purple to charge up trickery... there's lots of fun options when it comes to dealing with special tiles.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The irony of complaining about a lack of variety in enemies right after complaining about how the enemies are too difficult because you didn't adapt to one-trick-pony
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    In the node with the 3 mindless ones that all make protect tiles, I let them make a 1500 protect tile, then stole it with good old Loki which turns it into a strike tile for me

Kind of nice to field a team to tackle a specific problem. Probably one of the few advantages of having to play the same nodes multiple times.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    The irony of tap, tap, tapping away on a match 3 game against goons called the Mindless Ones...the clue for Yondu makes more sense now.  I guess we're the ones getting trolled.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Mostly the issue is each node takes 10 seconds extra for just them putting down their tiles. 37 times. 6 minutes in a sub just to watch them proc tiles. Wasted. Before you can even play a match.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Ya I had no problems with them,  strange IS boosted and so  is ant man
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Boosted Strange + Boosted Gamora + 4* R&G has made this the easiest PVE I've had in a WHILE, actually. I'm blowing right through these guys. Strange's Flames of Faltine is doing, like, 3500+ damage thanks to R&G's sword tiles, and since minions don't make matches, I never worry about them getting cleared away.

The MO's CAN be a small pain when their tiles get buried--and I actually started off 0-4 (OH FOR FOUR!) on the rental node to start the event where I couldn't use Strange or R&G--but all-in-all, I've been a big fan of this event because I'm ripping through it at my best pace ever. 
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Daiches said:
    Mostly the issue is each node takes 10 seconds extra for just them putting down their tiles. 37 times. 6 minutes in a sub just to watch them proc tiles. Wasted. Before you can even play a match.

At least it's fair though? EVERYONE has to deal with that. Unless maybe your device of choice is slower/faster than everyone else and it changes the time it takes for those animations.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I never saw a single CD tile resolve in the entire sub. Maybe I was just lucky though.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    Boosted Strange + Boosted Gamora + 4* R&G has made this the easiest PVE I've had in a WHILE, actually. I'm blowing right through these guys. Strange's Flames of Faltine is doing, like, 3500+ damage thanks to R&G's sword tiles, and since minions don't make matches, I never worry about them getting cleared away.

The MO's CAN be a small pain when their tiles get buried--and I actually started off 0-4 (OH FOR FOUR!) on the rental node to start the event where I couldn't use Strange or R&G--but all-in-all, I've been a big fan of this event because I'm ripping through it at my best pace ever. 
    The difficulty isn't an issue for me, it's more the tedium of watching Flames of the Faltine and Luke Cage's passive go off continuously every enemy turn, so I make a move then go for vacation while the enemy resolves their turn.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you imagine how ridiculously hard this sub would have been under the old scaling rules?  I would have been fighting 440 mindless vs 330 mindless.  That sub would have been a 15hp event