4* DDQ: Mordo vs Dr 5trange

Options
2»

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him first attempt with my 5/5/3 150 Mordo. +2 B/P, +2 B/G, +2 ALL. Denied him blue, hit him with a couple black and a blue. Those hurt more than his match damage. Finished with just over 1.2k health left. It was easier than I expected.

To the hoard!!
  • dp05
    dp05 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    First attempt with 2/4/5 131 Mordo.  Really figured this would be nigh impossible without leveling up, but deny the hell out of blue and grab purple when you can (one benefit that my Mordo had 5 purple covers).  Strange kept taking yellow, fired purple when Strange had 15 yellow and one-shotted him from 7700 HP.

Yellow 4Carol for my efforts
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him on the second try, at level .. uh, 191, I think. One blue, one black, one purple took him down.

And then drew a blue R&G :'( He's 5/3/3 already.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Was much easier when Mordo had a stun
    I think a one-shot is better than a 1-turn stun
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/5/3 273. No boosts.

easy first try win. Just made sure to deny blue and matched away until 1 shotting him with vaulting boots.

Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Second try with my 4/4/2 lvl 209 mordo

token was a champ level for carol
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Was much easier when Mordo had a stun
    I think a one-shot is better than a 1-turn stun

When Wolveroach's Mordo is so low level (2/2/2, level 127) that the one-shot does 199 points per AP, and can take at most 3 Flames without dying, I'd quite like a 1-turn stun.  5 failed attempts and counting...

:edit: reminder to self, always post about how impossible it is, because next attempt you'll do it.

Success, +2 blue/black, +2 AP, +60% match damage.  Lucked into a couple of match-5s, managed to get off 2 boots (taking Mordo down to 485) and finished off with a Staff.

Token = 4* Rocket & Groot green, taking him to 4/2/1, which is nice.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won on my second try with a LVL 279 Mordo.  I didn't realize it was the 5-star Strange until I got hit with his active yellow for 4K damage.  :#  By the end of that match, I ended up with 28 green, 27 yellow, and 4 blue AP...so it was not a very good board for Mordo.  Second game, I whacked him with Power with Purpose when he had 20+ green, and that ended it very, very quickly.

Token is #72 in the hoard.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with a Lv277 3/5/5 Mordo.  He fired off his purple, but otherwise I won the race to blue which one-shot him after some match damage.  

LT gave a yellow 4* Cage, so now even if I never pull another Cage, my 5/4/2 4Cage can be champed with 3Cage hits Lv265.  Only 60 more to go...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    1/3/3 152. Second try. As with others, the first time I forgot he had a yellow active. Next time, I played more carefully and got him with my Vaultin' Boots.

Token got added on to my tiny hoard.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with my 291 5/5/3 Mordo. Just collected enough blue to take him out with one shot. 

Champ level: Ant man.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4th attempt with my 150 5/4/4 Mordo. Tried with my 90 Mordo first but was not going anywhere as I got killed just from the match damage.

Leveled him up to 150 and boosted with +1 all AP, 20% match damage and +1 Purple/Blue.

Round #1 lost due to low HP --> leveled up to 150
    Round #2 and #3 lost to a bad board - he got 6 Blue AP from a cascade right at the start and I just quit whenever he got 9 blue AP. 

Killing blow in round #4 was Purple, then Blue. 

LT to the hoard!

• Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 127 0/3/2. +2 Purple and Blue. First try(I got destroyed)!  Try 10 I got a friendly board and he had 19 black AP.  Bad for him, good for me. Purple then blue ftw!  First COTT win for me. Blade Modern.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was surprised to get this one on my first try! Level 152 0/5/1 Mordo (actually 0/8/1, but who's counting?), +2 blue, +2 all, +60% match damage. I saved up enough for purple into blue, and it was enough to take him down with my Mordo standing with about a third of his health left. My reward was a champ level for Medusa. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, there are a number of people sleeping on Mordo purple.

Collected 9 purple AP.  Obliterated Strange.

Granted, through a quirk of RNG my Mordo raced ahead to the front of my 4* pack and stayed there, and was level 359, 3/5/5 build.  (Second highest level is Ironheart.  The recent redesigns for both made me very happy.)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [Washed off thread glue.]
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Suprisingly easy with 5 in blue. Just stroke twice with black and once blue.