4* DDQ: Mordo vs Dr 5trange

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
Planning to level my lv3/5/5 Mordo up to 140 or 150; will update if/when I'm successful.

For strategy, deny Blue, Yellow, Purple in that order, then go after Black. You don't have to worry about Eye of Agamotto; it's the match damage that'll hurt. Try to save up your AP to avoid triggering Flames of the Faltine as much as possible

Meanwhile, discuss away!

EDIT: alrighty got him first time at lv150 with +2 B/P AP, +2 all AP, +40% all damage. Good thing Strange has rubbish health for a 5*. Wore him down before two Living Tribunal Staffs and one Vaulting Boots downed him

LT = Cyclops Blue for lv278

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him on second time with 5/5/3 L278 Mordo.  Failed the first time mainly because I got a bad board for blue and forgot 5trange has an active yellow and not only passive like Strang3.  Lost when the very turn after I got my blue he got his.  I had about 4k when he launched his blue and he only had 415.

Beat him easily on the second try with a more favorable blue board.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Got him first time with my level 277 Mordo. It took longer than it should have because the board was heavy on red and yellow, and the blue and purple dropped in for the AI rather than me, but by the time I got the blue, I was able to one-shot him.

LT gave me a champ level for Coulson.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeesh. I've got a 4/3/3 Mordo so I guess it should be possible, but my first try yielded utter failure as the board was so loaded with blue, purple, and yellow, that I had no hope of denying the Dr a power. He hit me with his blue when I had 4K health left so I bailed.

Brutal 1-on-1. Retaliatory damage if you fire a power, a 3-turn stun that also deals damage, and 5* match damage.

I've bumped Mordo up to 189 by now and will try again later; I guess he'll be getting my ISO for the rest of the day and the next 5 if need be.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him first try with my 3/5/5 Level 290 Mordo, although I only had about 5K health at the end. He managed to get Crimson Bands of Cyttorak off, draining the blue I was collecting, but a few turns later I had enough purple and he had 16 green AP. Game over, man! Game over!  Token to the hoard. 
  • mirage2101
    mirage2101 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    271 mordo.. one purple cast and it was game over.. He barely even hit me.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Lvl 114, pretty straight forward. Take all blue and black.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 lvl 110 5th try
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    lv 164 5/3/5 Mordo.  Got enough purple AP to fire off Power with Purpose, he had 16 black AP and about 7100 health, down him.  So if you have a lot of Purple covers, fill up purple, wait until he has high AP in any color and bam, he's done

LT gave me a champed rulk cover
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I had little difficulties beating Dr. Strange with my lvl 282 Mordo (3/5/5). Since the board wasn´t friendly for both of us (lots of red tiles), it took me some time to get the AP for Mordo´s abilities. When I finally had enough AP, I one-shotted Dr. Strange with Mordo´s blue.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    1/4/3 went up to lvl 172 for kicks as I am drowning in iso since the vaulting reversion. No boosts, played keepaway on blue and yellow, used one Boots to soften him up, then waited until Power could finish the job.

Got a Purple C&D for 7/2/3, nice to get a usable cover.

• Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    First attempt with champed mordo, good board, quick purple one-shot (against 11 red). Easiest crash I've had in a long time.
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Won, first try, with my L281 3/5/5

Did some match damage on Blue/Purple/Black while he trying to grab the yellows, use Vaulting Boots of Valtorr, and he fell.

I open a LT, Agent Venom, another cover for my Champ'd AV to L279
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    First try on my he was easy
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Took me two tries with 3/5/2 level 100.
    1st time was unboosted just to see how it would go. Almost had it; just needed one more blue match to have enough AP to take him out. My Black and Purple abilities aren't strong enough, I would have taken more damage than I dealt if I used them.
    After that went in boosted to the max: +2 Blue/Black, +2 All, and +100% All. Wasn't a walk in the park, but I made it. Got lucky with making a blue match that cascaded another blue match.

Got a Red Carnage for my trouble.  Now I have to decide between champing him or my 4* Luke Cage. Both are lvl 145, but Luke expires in 10 days.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this was me. I got 9 Purple, he had 15 green, he went down.

Purple kingpin for my 90 seconds of work. :)
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Yeah this was me. I got 9 Purple, he had 15 green, he went down.

Same here.  Load purple, wait for AP/health intersection to be a killshot.  Fire killshot.  LT to hoard.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add me to the 1 purple list. I think I pulled it off the turn before a Crimson Bands would go off.

LT became a Sandman Purple.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was much easier when Mordo had a stun
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    4 tries with my 3/2/2 lvl 147 Mordo. First try I just didn't have a good grasp of what Mordo could do AND I forgot to boost. Second try I boosted and lost with less than 1,000hp to go on Strange. Third try Strange pulled 9 blue AP in his first three moves and I cancelled out. Fourth try I beat him with 52 HP left on my side.

LT got me a Thing red cover for 10 total on him.