Which characters do you refuse to roster?

Options
13»

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd probably refuse to roster Devil Dinosaur at this point.  I had him at 1/1/3 at one point, but kind of realized I'll never get there.

I only have 1* Spider-Man and Juggernaut rostered for the 1*'s (although I can easily roster all of them).  I might roster 1* Black Widow to help out the Alliance soon.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll eventually roster DD when I get the three covers on days 365-367 (I'm in the 320s), and I'll keep a bagman if I ever get one (I don't pvp much). I just want to own every 2-4 star, and those two are the only ones I'm missing. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll eventually roster DD when I get the three covers on days 365-367 (I'm in the 320s), and I'll keep a bagman if I ever get one (I don't pvp much). I just want to own every 2-4 star, and those two are the only ones I'm missing. 
    Anniversary events are coming up soon, and while I've only been around for last year's, it's my understanding that Devil Dino covers are quite prevalent during this time. I know they were last year, that's where I got my first several covers.

I suppose they could switch things up this year and do something different, but I have no reason to believe they will. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Anniversary events are coming up soon, and while I've only been around for last year's, it's my understanding that Devil Dino covers are quite prevalent during this time. I know they were last year, that's where I got my first several covers.

I suppose they could switch things up this year and do something different, but I have no reason to believe they will. 
    They are.  I got 10 covers (I think might have actually be 12 or more I sold several) for him during my first anniversary which was last year.  Grant it I went through an 80 cover vault twice to do that so there was a heft HP cost to doing so.  But it's doable.  With the 10 + 3 from 365ish day rewards I've been sitting at 13 for a while now and plan to champ him very soon so I can apply this years covers.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ironically, after starting this thread, I now have all 3* characters rostered as the recent required 3* characters were all the ones I hadn't rostered before. Mystique was the very last one, barely seeing any covers for her (but then I didn't get any Iron Fist cover for 3 months).

Best part is zero cover waste for Elite Tokens and doing the Deadpool Daily without having to check the schedule. 

Now only 25 4* characters to go (*laughs nervously). :-)

Hoarding right now and waiting until I have at least 5000 HP before opening any hoard. (1100 CP and 23 LT right now) so I don't get into roster crunch zone. 

Not doing Dino or Howard at this point, not even sure if I'll roster them after completing all 4*.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't have any 1* besides Juggernaut for DPD, and I refuse to roster Bag-Man as I seem to only get his covers in bursts..plus he isn't required for anything. So I don't need him.

Anyone else, I roster, even if I don't like them. I mean, I'm champing 4* I don't like, so there is that too.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:

They are.  I got 10 covers (I think might have actually be 12 or more I sold several) for him during my first anniversary which was last year.  Grant it I went through an 80 cover vault twice to do that so there was a heft HP cost to doing so.  But it's doable.  With the 10 + 3 from 365ish day rewards I've been sitting at 13 for a while now and plan to champ him very soon so I can apply this years covers.
    I've seen 0 DD covers in the two anniversary events I've played through :(

My DD is 1/1/1 and has been since day 367 (or whatever). Looking forward to a 2/2/2 DD by day 1098 :) Only 55 days to go...
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing I do not roster is 1* beyond Juggernaut.  No reason to have anyone else 1* that I can think of at this time.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing I do not roster is 1* beyond Juggernaut.  No reason to have anyone else 1* that I can think of at this time.
    A 5-blue level 1 Black Widow to send as a team up. Also, when it comes to boss events, if your alliance can get past level 8 and you get all the boss rewards, then having three levels 1 characters to start the boss battle and retreat allows you to get through the side missions for resources, so long as you're willing to the side missions for 500 ISO each.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I dropped all but 3 1*s but other character you need to keep because they can be revamped if nothing else.  Also Sentry gives Moon Knight covers who is one of my favorites.

Also FYI SpiderGwen who stinks normally is a goddess when paired with 5* Spidey.  They cover the screen with webs and then her healing kicks in big time plus her red power.  And Spidey's green goes nuts too.

Another reason you can't cut people from squad.  They may be tomorrow's flavor of the week.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaskedMan said:
    I dropped all but 3 1*s but other character you need to keep because they can be revamped if nothing else.  Also Sentry gives Moon Knight covers who is one of my favorites.

Also FYI SpiderGwen who stinks normally is a goddess when paired with 5* Spidey.  They cover the screen with webs and then her healing kicks in big time plus her red power.  And Spidey's green goes nuts too.

Another reason you can't cut people from squad.  They may be tomorrow's flavor of the week.
    Weird moment. As I was reading this, my third Moon Knight from resupply dropped. I’d favorited Sentry for a while in order to speed Mooney to 13 covers too.

Also, may e you haven’t seen the folks using a 0/0/5 3* Gambit with 370 Spider Gwen. Utterly nasty, even on defense, with the number of times she uses Teenage Kicks and Cherry Bomb.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I may be in minority here, but I don't think that rostering all the heroes in the game is necessary. Even if you play competitive PvE, you cannot compete all the events properly, if you have a life (and I'm certain most do), so I believe not having a character once in a while is not such a big deal most try to make. It is just a game after all, and should never become a second job.

Now if you are the type that likes to collect all, that's fine, go for it. But if you aren't, my advice is to not do extra efforts to roster someone you don't like or likely never play, just for the sake of it. If you come in that point in which you don't have better things to do with you HP & ISO, ok, but if you do, you should prioritize what's best fot you.

It is recommended to have all the 2* though (except Bagman) because cycling them is fairly easy and gives you a constant bag of rewards. But other than that it's up to personal choice and play style.

I have only 1* Iron Man for DDQ, all 2*, and starting from there I have several 3* & 4* I would never roster, and have almost all the 5*.

The characters I don't plan to ever roster: Rags, Sentry, Elektra (both 3* & 4*), Punisher (3*), Thanos (3*), Daredevil (3*), She-Hulk & Falcon (had them both but sold them for space - never actually use them), Carnage, TA Hulk, Bucky, Howard, and a few more. Some of them I don't like, others I just didn't get their covers when it should & I'm not so interested in them anymore.

For me it is enough if I have a good version of that character. For example I have & love Captain Marvel (4*), but don't see any point in keeping the 3* version other than few required hero missions. I assume the risk of not having her on that few ocasions & I moved on. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only have Juggernaut rostered from the onestars. Other than that, I aim to roster everyone (though there are a few fivestar covers I haven't gotten covers for yet).
    Ragnarok is probably one of my most used threestars these days since he is featured in Lightning Rounds.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    didn't roster beast and squirrel girl. eventually I champed all 3*, those champ levels are important
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,116 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skrofa said:

Obviously 5* but in 3* land... Yeah, rags and sentry were high on the no-roster list. From 2*s that would be ares.
    Ares was on your no-roster list?  Was that because of the self-damage from his Sunder?  I think he's one of the better 2-stars in the game.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Skrofa said:

Obviously 5* but in 3* land... Yeah, rags and sentry were high on the no-roster list. From 2*s that would be ares.
    Ares was on your no-roster list?  Was that because of the self-damage from his Sunder?  I think he's one of the better 2-stars in the game.
    He's green is powerful when u have a large supply but it can also boost the enemy's supply after he hits them, must be wary who's green in their team...

red is good but but only when he's badly injured... unless u got another red guess he's just another team damaging.

Sunder is nice as a final blow, not sure if he takes damage if it's a killing blow. But it'll be nice if he got healed first before the fight ends.

all in all he's inviting trouble.

Green charges the enemy AP
    Red encourages injury for bigger blow
    Yellow inflict self injury 

https://youtu.be/4lZbwB5fJjo
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nah, Ares is legitimately good in the 2* tier. He's fast and completely capable of 1-shotting anything you'll find in DDQ.  Get ten yellow and enough green to 1 shot 2 guys and the match is generally just over.  Admittedly if you don't care about being fast then he isn't the most efficient in terms of health, but finishing DDQ fast is always nice.
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    MaskedMan said:

Gwen at 535 and 5* Parker, are indeed great together. I would rather use Parkers red though much more damage in the long run and always inexpensive with or without web tiles.