Which characters do you refuse to roster?

Options
Relatively new to the game but noticed that certain characters knock on my door every few weeks with no intention from my side to roster them. Which characters do you refuse to roster? My list includes:

1) Ragnarok - Cycled through Ares three times so could have probably champed him with the extra covers from vaults. Let me think about that... no!

2) Sentry: I'm not swayed by all the effort he puts into his fabulous hair. I think he has issues. Like, self-destructive issues. The only upside I see are the Moon Knight covers but not worth it.

3) 5* Hulk. This is a tough one. So I have one blue cover for him. Do I foresee me ever using him? Not really. Is it alright to sell a 5* cover? With vaulting gone, more covers are competing for roster slots (currently 81 roster slots). Would you keep him? I'm reluctant to sell him but know I'll never use him unless he gets a major overhaul. It just makes me sad that Hulk is less than awesome.

Comments

• SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've had a fully covered Rags for like an eternity, I refuse to level him above the 78 I added when I couldn't beat an Heroic. I've sold a dozen "champ levels" since. 
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I used to pick and choose which characters not to roster when I was low on HP back when I was starting out.

Obviously 5* but in 3* land... Yeah, rags and sentry were high on the no-roster list. From 2*s that would be ares.

I rostered every 4* I could get my hands on though, good or bad.

Now? It's like Pokemon. Gotta catch em all. And champ them, and cycle them. 
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    The only characters not worth a roster slot are 1-stars, and even then its in your interest to keep 1-3 of those around for DDQ. Every other cover has value, even if you don't level them, because of essential nodes, events, etc.
    Ultimate goal would be to roster them all for the exact reasons you mention. It's just that there's always competing covers on the vine so I'll delay rostering either Sentry or Rags until all other characters are in.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    None.  Anything above 1* is worth it for no other reason than champ rewards.  As a completion I would like to eventually even go back and add the unrostered 1*s.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well, I always refused to roster those ones that hurt their friends: Rags, Sentry and Carnage... with only Thanos been the exception!

And there's those too from a personal choice (characters I don't like): Wolverine and anyone related to him (Daken and X-23) and Doom. I only recently decided to roster 2* Wolv and Daken for farming purposes... and because the game loved giving me more of them than the others 11 2*s in tokens  :/
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Only characters I don't have rostered by choice are most of the 1*s - I keep IM35, Juggs and Widow, and a 5-purple Spidey to send as a TU to my 5* alliance mates. I resisted Bag Man for a while but I eventually built one and champed it.

Everyone else is good for at least champ rewards, and nearly everyone is at least usable when they're boosted.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone not required for content. Howard the duck, dino, bagman, et al.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    broll said:
    None.  Anything above 1* is worth it for no other reason than champ rewards.  As a completion I would like to eventually even go back and add the unrostered 1*s.
    Same for me.  

And I will champion Bagman.  Oh yes...I will.  Then, it will be a team-up nightmare.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    By this point, I have everyone rostered, multiples of several 2*s for farming, the beginnings of a 3* farm, and extra 1* Widow for Widow Sting team up. Yelena, Venom, and Hawkeye are placeholders, but I was happy to have them during Sinister Six. Once we cleared Round 8 and I had no more rewards to get from the bosses, I threw those level 1 characters at the boss to unlock side missions for the extra ISO. It only takes a few minutes for a level 1 to revive, so it was effective at quickly resetting side missions for the resource gain. Only foreseeable issue will be getting enough HP to completely roster a 3* farm, but taking heroes out of retirement/redilution should help to slow that problem down.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're not rostering all the 2*-4*, you're voluntarily handicapping yourself.  That being said, it's a game, so there's a variety of characters like Ragnarok, Sentry, Venom and the Fantastic Four members which I don't roster from a personal dislike.  

Unfortunately, during vaulting, I also sold a few 1-3 cover vaulted 4*'s to save HP on roster spots to use on HfH to champ some vaulted 4*'s who were at 12 covers.  It's a little annoying now that vaulting ended after a relatively short amount of time with no advanced warning to make this strategy somewhat backfire, but on the other hand, champion 4Thor, X23 and Wasp have all helped me more than a 3/0/0 Bucky or 0/1/0 Ghost Rider would have, so maybe it's still for the best.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Having all 2* (and constantly farming) & 3* rostered (and champed) has made such a difference to the inflow of HP, I went from scraping together 1000 HP just in time for each new character release, to be be comfortably ahead at around 5000 HP

And I am by no means a high-level player - I typically stop at the 8CP progression reward in PVE, for example

Prior to this, I did roster and cut invisible woman & carnage more than once each when difficult roster decisions had to be made. Having a champed 3* and even a 1 cover 4 star is enough to complete the Behemoth Burrito each day

Like @Zootsax says above, you are voluntarily handicapping yourself if you dont roster all 2*-4*

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I roster everyone, although slots are not an issue to me. I agree if you don't have enough slots, those three are as good a choice as any for last-to-roster.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options

Having all 2* (and constantly farming) & 3* rostered (and champed) has made such a difference to the inflow of HP, I went from scraping together 1000 HP just in time for each new character release, to be be comfortably ahead at around 5000 HP

And I am by no means a high-level player - I typically stop at the 8CP progression reward in PVE, for example

Prior to this, I did roster and cut invisible woman & carnage more than once each when difficult roster decisions had to be made. Having a champed 3* and even a 1 cover 4 star is enough to complete the Behemoth Burrito each day

Like @Zootsax says above, you are voluntarily handicapping yourself if you dont roster all 2*-4*

That's the ultimate goal, of course. Sitting at 83 roster slots right now and of course Rags has two covers in the queue. Quite the competition there, though. I also have The Hood and She-Hulk in the pipeline, which I prefer over Rags any day. Just got 8 more 3* to roster, really looking forward to the point where I can solely focus on the 4*

It might be best to complete 3* before even considering 4*, but some covers I could just not let slip. I had a 4* Cyclops cover from champ rewards so chose him instead of Colossus. 

Behemoth Burrito is definitely a factor, I try to keep a "flex slot" for that reason. e.g. tomorrow is 3* Punisher as the required character, next week is 4* Venom (Eddie) for the Behemoth Burrito. I have both in my cover queue but they are low priority. So I'll recruit Punisher just for tomorrow. Then he gets replaced with Venom. The extra Punisher cover in the queue from tomorrow will once again enter the flex slot in 10 days for the Thor/Punisher/Kate Bishop as I have the other two recruited.

Ideally I would not have to kick them out but it will take some months before I get to that point. I hate to waste covers but priorities right now are:

1. Finish as many of the DDQ quests as possible
    2. Complete 3* roster (essential nodes are a factor, too, when picking the character. E.G. rostered Gamora for the current event)
    3. Reach the blissful state of having completed 2* and 3* with no covers that go to waste
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    All characters are welcome within my roster.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Only 5 1*, and only because I don't want to spend the HP on them yet. Eventually, I will have them all!!!!!! I'm a collector, need that full deck.....
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    I've got the Pokemon-syndrome : gotta catch them all ;)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I roster everyone, although slots are not an issue to me. I agree if you don't have enough slots, those three are as good a choice as any for last-to-roster.
    Ok, this is actually a lie. I don't roster 1*s except Juggs. There's just no reason to.

I've got the Pokemon-syndrome : gotta catch them all ;)

Yep, with the caveat I mentioned above.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I was a newer player I refused to roster Sentry and Rags since their abilities hurt their team. But honestly at the very worst they have a lot of health so put them on a team with Thanos. I also like Rags for his heal and ability to make green charge tiles. I passed on Bagman when he had his pvp event and I'm kicking myself over that now because I got seven covers in that event so he'd probably be ready to champ right now. I have all 2s, 3s, 4s (except Spider Gwen) and half the 5s rostered. I will roster Juggernaut to go with my 1* Storm and Iron Man soon. Don't really care about rostering any of the other 1s though.