Is this game biting its own tail by greed?

2»

Comments

• FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    It seems that you've been very unhappy playing MPQ for the three months or so. I may be wrong, but I think you've made a few posts of how bad this game is. The game is built for grinding. The game has flaws. The forums are filled with ways to maximize your roster or game play from 1* and up. If you're not willing to spend money (you've always easy posted that you won't) or patiently build a roster, then play casually. 

Btw, I'm sure you can hit 10th prestige in Call of Duty in 3 months. 
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I think the game has been pretty carefully crafted so that as a F2P player your progress is gated. I agree it can be frustrating as a new player that you don't have enough resources to do all the cool things, but after experimenting with dozens of such games I can say that MPQ has one of the best "premium" resource models out there for F2P players. In my opinion, of course.

I'll say, I did fall into the daily deal trap as a new player (chasing 3*s) neally 1000 days ago, and I only realized later that I would have been much better off saving HP for roster slots only. I probably only cheated myself out of 3-4 slots, but those were majorly important at the time when I only had 15 or something. But I digress.

So I disagree. I think, in fact, that MPQ has one of the most generously-given premium resources out there.
    Rofl
    Expiring covers that go to waste, because at low CLs you are not earning enough hp for roster slots?
    Required characters?

I don't think you played many other F2P games if any at all.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    I've messed around with a couple dozen other F2P mobile games.  Demiurge and D3 do a far better job of making MPQ accessible without whaling, than just about every other mobile game developer out there.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir said:
    I think the game has been pretty carefully crafted so that as a F2P player your progress is gated. I agree it can be frustrating as a new player that you don't have enough resources to do all the cool things, but after experimenting with dozens of such games I can say that MPQ has one of the best "premium" resource models out there for F2P players. In my opinion, of course.

I'll say, I did fall into the daily deal trap as a new player (chasing 3*s) neally 1000 days ago, and I only realized later that I would have been much better off saving HP for roster slots only. I probably only cheated myself out of 3-4 slots, but those were majorly important at the time when I only had 15 or something. But I digress.

So I disagree. I think, in fact, that MPQ has one of the most generously-given premium resources out there.
    Rofl
    Expiring covers that go to waste, because at low CLs you are not earning enough hp for roster slots?
    Required characters?

I don't think you played many other F2P games if any at all.
    Yeah, you're right. Most of them gouge you harder and are less fun.